1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Forster might have a chance in Rio next year

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by goodybhoy, Aug 15, 2013.

Discuss Forster might have a chance in Rio next year in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Why cash in now, as overrated as I think he is.. I doubt we would get better and now we need to keep our important players as we can't afford to lose any more

2. frank67

Fav Celtic Player:
    kayal
    His kicking is terrible, had a really poor game.

3. monthehoops1888

If he wants an England call up he will have to get the finger out...

4. LloydsGamble

Forster was not the issue tonight. The defence was. I'd feel a bit shaky myself watching what was going on in front of me.

Forster has proven he's a great goalkeeper with a decent defence in front of him.

5. scootz

Because I think he'll cost us results, that his value has peaked, and that he can be replaced easily.

6. scootz

I'd argue that he was equally culpable for the first goal. He caused the panic through an amateurishly bad kick. Keepers simply can't do this at professional level!

Thereafter, he failed to show any willingness to command his 6 yard box... nevermind the penalty area!

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not on tonight's display.

For a big guy he should do better at set pieces and don't even get me started on his kicking, * sake.

8. St Patrick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy McCourt, Paddy Roberts, Sammy, Edouard
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roamin' in the Gloamin'
    Some of the criticism is harsh, he is a very good goalie (albeit with flaws) and they are difficult to come by. Be careful what you wish for.

That said, he hasn't been the same since that injury last season kept him out a few weeks for some reason. Don't understand why they are not working hard on coming for hiugh bals and kickin though.

9. doctor venglos

Agreed cash in on Forster now if we still can. He has regressed, and has been duff since the end of last season.If he hasn't been coached by now by our goalkeeper coach to command his 6 yard box and kick the ball out better, he never will be. Zaluska looked against Liverpool a far more accomplished goalkeeper than Forster.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The guy is 6 foot 6 and doesn't come of his line,even when he does venture out 2 yards he fumbles and punches easy takes..
    His kicking is horrendous and not for the first time it's led to panic in defence and us going behind..

11. BelfastCelt88

He's a good keeper, we all know that. Tonight he was pish, just as bad as the rest. Didn't command his box, punched a few instead of catching them. I've never been a fan of his kicking, I always think it'll go along the ground the way he lines himself up.

12. Lecs

He's another who's been pish for a while now.

13. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    His kicking and collection of the ball was very poor tonight. For a man of his size he should come and collect the ball, could have made all the difference for the first goal

14. made in ireland

I completely agree.

I've always been suspect of him, but thought some of his performances in Europe last season granted him a reprieve. But since then he has been very poor, failing to deal with the basics, or being able to offer any sort communication or leadership in his box, which for a 'keeper of size, is completely unacceptable.

15. calabam81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    He's a decent shot stopper but his distribution is shocking he gives the ball away with every kick out tonight it was him that fluffed the clearance that lead to the problems for the first goal , he's hopeless with cross balls as well for a keeper his size and gives no confidence to his defence with his fluffed punches and dodgy kickouts.

16. murphy88

Kicking has always been a problem for him. And for a guy his size, he doesn't want to come off that line of his. He needs to be more commanding in my opinion. A good shot stopper, no question about that.

17. Lecs

Unless Ferdinand lets Forster pump him, there is absolutely no chance he will be in Rio.

18. LetsGoMurphys

:smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

:50::bbpd:

19. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

20. Seosamh Máirtín

His jumping, kicking, and positioning need improving. He's a great shot-stopper, but some things you see from him...questionable.