1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Doumbe left Parkhead

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by bhoyghirl77, Jun 1, 2007.

Discuss Doumbe left Parkhead in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoyghirl77

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakka and Lee Naylor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Doumbe has reportedly left Celtic Park after they failed to offer him a financial package he was expecting, more to follow.

2. celticmad117

Fav Celtic Player:
    The holy goalie, arthur boruc
    Argggg i hope hes not just being greedy and therefore offer him a good contract we could really use him

3. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

What goes around, comes around. may be?

4. T.D.

Fav Celtic Player:
    JOHN REID OUT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LET THE PEOPLE SING!!!
    boooooooooo

5. bhoyghirl77

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakka and Lee Naylor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    I think the rumours are that he is being a greedy we b*stard and asking for a contract that is way above what his talent deserves. He seems to think that after playing 2 1/2 games he can command the same salary as players like Nakka and TG!! This aint the premiership, we can't afford 30 odd grand a week to some sqaud player!

6. The Doctor

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley, Four Leaf Clover
    What's the source?

7. MacDanny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Lambert
    Won't believe it until I see it

8. bhoyghirl77

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakka and Lee Naylor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
  9. The Doctor

Fav Celtic Song:
  10. bhoyghirl77

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakka and Lee Naylor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Hmmm, don't believe i said it came from a source! I said it was a rumour.:37:

11. The Doctor

Fav Celtic Song:

Calm down, you got yer link posted. :87:

12. oasisgurl

Fav Celtic Player:
    the hoaly one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    aye i heard that one yesterday, apparently hes went awol back to france without talking to PL, but bolton are looking at him, but they are hardly gonna offer more than celtic. and anyways his agent his * hibee mckay( skoosh browns and bartons agent) so it doesnt surprise me that celtic might be gettingheld at ransom here, remember his agent is the same guy that got scott brown a rise of 20'000 a week from his hibs days, so i think that tells its own story:87:

13. Ricardinho

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I heard at the start of the week that he decided to go back to France and consider his options, doesn't mean he won't sign.

14. jba

Fav Celtic Player:
    all
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    this is the best i could find

It would now appear that Scottish Cup hero Jean-Joel Perrier-Doumbe will not be signing for Celtic

The full-back, who had been on loan from French side Rennes, has reportedly not been offered the sort of financial package he had hoped for by the club and has now returned to France for the duration of the summer holidays - or until he gets a better offer from an English Premiership side.

Celtic, who would have had to pay Rennes £450k as part of any permanent deal, are believed to have offered Doumbe a contract which would have kept him at the club until 2009.

Willie McKay, Doumbe's agent, spoke of his client's situation yesterday. He said: "Jean-Joel has flown back to Paris for a summer break and hasn't signed anything with Celtic yet. However, there is still plenty of time for him to sign a contract."

Ah, but with which club Willie...?

Call me an old fashioned cynic here, but a journeyman back-up utility defender like Doumbe - who has looked decidedly dodgy at the defending bit - should get one chance, and one chance only to sign for Celtic!

Despite his winning goal in the cup final, which let's face it said more about the deficiencies of our team on the day than it did about Doumbe's merits, when a player like Mark Burchill can make him look so poor and positionally naive in the right-back berth, then surely its time to quit while we're ahead on this one.

We badly need quality cover for both full-back positions, but surely we can get better quality in than Doumbe, even if it costs a bit more?

Mark Wilson although promising, has still to prove himself worthy of playing the right-back role on a permanent basis. He also seems injury prone which is another concern.

Lee Naylor on the other hand is as hard as nails, and is a prime example of a full-back who can first and foremost defend his position. We need more in like Naylsy...and less in like Doumbe!

The right-back berth is still a problem position for us, and one which I think requires money spent on it during the summer.