1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] FIFA 14

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by DannybhoyCFC, Apr 17, 2013.

Discuss FIFA 14 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lennon2011

They should've named this FIFA marmite.. So many different views on it.

2. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I'm going to buy it when I get home from working away. Already played a few games on it and it's slow as *. But I've hated every FIFA for the worst week then grown into it.

Most looking forward to two on two seasons.

Surely there will be an Inform Samaras on FUT after today's performance? :50:

3. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member

i always looked forward to the next fifa, i feel let down with this one.
    it just doesnt feel right, sluggish, shooting, pace, passing....:38:

4. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Going to get a shot of this today was unsure about the demo so hopefully playing the full version will help me decide

5. JasonMcG1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    kieran tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Its different from the demo mate . A even had early access and think the game feels smoother than that

6. fraz

i dont like it the players feel like thay have concrete boots on. i can see me trading fifa 14 in soon

7. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Sounds good was just planning to wait for the Xbox One version but if I enjoy it today I'll probably go out and buy it

8. Sonny7

it's the same as the demo. Pish. The pace of the game is amazing. But the players are sloppy, slow turning, control is awful at times. Even players at a part time club could bring the ball down better than in this game. Hit the dash button and they hit it to far infront and lose the ball.

hopefully a patch will update these things.

9. mls1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura and Moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That's the whole point, the have categorically said in interviews that the want the balk and player to be separate entities. Much like real life.

10. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Feels like you're less and less in control of the action every year. It's ludicrous. In 15-20 games of seasons Forster has carried the ball over his own line twice, of course you concede yr standard headed goal from a corner every single game, any even half-decent skill move & the player suddenly becomes unstoppable with a 5 ft force field around him. Career - yet again is unplayable but now with added extra annoying menu's! Brilliant.

11. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I like it.

It's far less reliant on pace from what I can tell, but there is still the potential for pacey players to be used effectively.

Strength seems to be a big factor, especially if your team lacks technical players who can control the game - much like in real life, I suppose.

Dabbled in a few friendlies, and played a fair bit of Ultimate Team. Think I'll be getting stuck into career mode this week.

12. Woody

Played this last night and it really is awful. The passing is *, the first touch is *, turning with the ball takes as long as a double decker doing a 360, the decisions are still a joke, keepers still can't be challenged, chipping the ball over the keeper is far two easy, shooting is far to easy (every game we played was like 20 shots - 19 on target and to top it all off its slow as * :smiley-laughing002:

Glad I never bought it.

13. Bangarangura

some of it is brilliant, but to much of the mechanics are just nonsensical

14. JasonMcG1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    kieran tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Funny how some people like it and others dont , realy it all depends on the person

15. Celticbhoy17

I think fifa has been getting worse and worse the past few years. They are too focussed on making it harder to play so it's more 'realistic' than just focussing on making it fun. Played the demo of this and thought it was utter *. Just bought GTA 5 which you can tell had a lot of time and effort put into it so I'm not buying FIFA 14 which I know will just be a carbon copy of FIFA 13 but for some reason harder to play.

16. Woody

Alot of people are saying its 'like' fifa 13 but I disagee. First game I played it seemed not bad but as time went on I became gobsmacked at just how bad ot really is.

They took the fun out of the game.

17. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    FIFA 12 was the peak for me. FIFA 13 was a buggy mess and this doesn't feel as fun to play.

18. Barry Robson

After deciding to not buy either Fifa or Pro this yearm i am happy i have made the correct choice as not many people have good things to say about either. Best Fifa i have played on the ps3 was probably the 2010 world cup game, with cut scenes showing managers

19. Sonny7

FIFA 12 was class. Sure the finesse shots were to easy but overall one of my favourite ever football games:50:

20. Sonny7

Started a career mode way Celtic. But have to get loaned out. The manager send me a message saying he's accepted an offer I've just to go and accept now it.

A don't know where to go to accept it though, anybody know.

Forget that a found it.