1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Madrid

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by chanbhoy67, Apr 10, 2013.

Discuss Madrid in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. chanbhoy67

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Hi folks

Going to Madrid next month for my mates birthday. Was just wondering if anyone has been and if they could recommend anything to do, clubs to go to etc.

Got tickets for Atletico v Barca as well, apparently we are sat amongst the ultras. Are they mental or should it be alright?

Cheers

2. UncleHo

lots of cool places on grand via. clubs stay open dead late so its good fun.

paseo de la habana and paseo castinana are good too. lots to do and see there

3. pLUSpISTOL

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Just bumping this because I'm going to Madrid soon on holiday with my girlfriend. Been twice before myself but just in case anyone knows of any cool places to go or things to do please let me know :50:

4. SpellCheck92

An UncleHo post. I miss the North Korea thread.

Never been to Madrid myself. Hope you have a good time :50:

5. pLUSpISTOL

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yeah, bring back UncleHo. Surely his crimes weren't great enough to warrant a lifetime ban!
    North Korea thread was best Korea thread :50:

Cheers mate!

6. chanbhoy67

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Hi mate. Trip was amazing! Funnily enough Ive suggested to my girlfriend that we should go soon.

I was with 12 mates so apart from going to Atletico v Barca & getting a tour of the Bernabeau, all we did was get steam boats. Grand Via is a great area with nice bars. Clubs arent far off either. We found a couple of bars near the McDonalds on Grand Via that did 1 euro pints. The top end is full of hookers that go about their business in the middle of the street 24 hours a day. Further up from them is gay/transvestite hookers so you might want to avoid that. Clubs are good, not too expensive and quite diverse musically. Did nothing else so cant suggest anything more unfortunately. If your Mrs is ok with it go for a stadium tour, you wont be disappointed