1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Most Controversial/Violent/Goriest Films You've Seen

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by CelticBhoyDavid, Mar 24, 2013.

Discuss The Most Controversial/Violent/Goriest Films You've Seen in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    I'm actually the other way around to be honest with a lot of movies. For instance, I thought the original Texas Chainsaw was utter pish, and I think the scene with Leatherface chasing that chick through the woods before finally catching her is longest in history. It just went on & on. I much preferred the remake. Some - or maybe a lot of the older - movies are classic's in their own right but a good few were just classic *.

In saying that, though, there are older/original movies that I prefer over their remakes (even though I do like the remakes as well). They aren't controversial or gory in any way but the original Japanese films Ringu (The Ring) and Ju-On (The Grudge) were better than the American remakes.

I've not seen it, but Cannibal Ferox is supposed to be just as bad as Cannibal Holocaust, especially with the animal killings as well. One of the main actor's, Giovani Lombardo Radice, point blankly refused to participate in them and a double was used in his place.

2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Nothing makes me want to watch any of these films. Give me The Lion King any day.

3. KidsWantUltra

What is the motive behind these movies to be made? Never mind watching them.

4. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    The main motive with a fair few of them is probably the shock value in all honesty. A good few controversial films can shock but still be good films to watch whereas others are probably out to just purely shock the audience.