1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Kevin Doyle

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by McManus4, Mar 19, 2013.

Discuss Kevin Doyle in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tifosi Celtic

Doyle set for £1.5m switch to Celtic. - Daily Record.

2. kungfoofighter

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Please * no!!!!!!!!

3. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    We will end up with this guy eventually..

4. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    :54:

5. MartinR

if we sign this * ill be sick...im already * off with even been linked to this clown. if we let hooper go and sign doyle i hope lennon * of aswell no ambition at all

6. Glorious1967

The lack of ambition comes from further up than neil lennon, i still think he gives lawwell a list of targets and he goes straight to the cheapest names on the list.

7. Breenzo

Good grief, I don't want Doyle either but I think Lenny has earned some faith from the fans.

8. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    This. Lennon would sign Messi if he got the dough for it.

9. mcgrory86

doyle is pish full stop... sign griffiths

10. frank67

Fav Celtic Player:
    kayal
    Don't rate him but Lenny knows a lot more than I do. If he does sign he will get my backing.

11. wee_mcg_CFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Lubo Moravic, Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone, Willie Maley
    Where's the logic in this? :97: Doyle is an experienced full Ireland international who has played and done well at Premiership level. I'm not arguing with the fact that he's been exceedingly poor lately, but I am of the opinion that a fresh challenge could well prove to massively change his fortunes. He was a good player before he went to Wolves and for whatever reason that move just hasn't worked out well for him.

As for Griffiths, Wolves obviously rate Doyle alot higher, hence why he was their starting striker last season and Griffiths was farmed out on loan. Griffiths may have talent and potential, but he isn't a Celtic class player on or off the park. He isn't worth the hassle.

12. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Griffiths is another Derek Riordan, loads of potential but nothing between the ears to take advantage of the ability.

I would take Doyle and if the price is £1.5 million as has been reported then even better.

13. eastcorkbhoy

I think another younger Striker plus Doyle could work out well. He is not as bad as people make out. Experienced player, an international and very hard working. No harm to sign an older player with experience. Doyle + younger striker would be ok. Please stay away from Griffiths, his - off the field - behaviour is not good. The reason Wolves don't want Doyle now, is because of wages. They are in League 1. In a relegation-free team, he should rediscover his form. I know he is not a 25 goal man, but he is not a dud. I have watched him since his days at Cork City. Very good pro and by all accounts, a very nice, decent fella.

14. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Best three posts I've seen in a row on this thread! :50: At last a little bit of sense. No one is saying that he'll come here and start every week and no one is saying he'll be a world beater, but he'd add something to the squad. Bearing in mind we're aiming to have European football this season, having experienced and hard working guys like Doyle in the squad should help with the "European hangover" effect we suffered last season. Apart from anything else his professionalism, experience and work ethic could have a massive positive effect on the development of the likes of Watt and Balde.

I for one definitely think he's a far better player than has been made out in this thread and definitely think he'd be a positive and worthwhile addition to the squad.

15. eastcorkbhoy

Thanks, McGrory1888, I think Doyle deserves better than some of the personal comment, some have made here recently. I think we need to sign experienced players - once in a while. I totally agree with you on his professionalism, experience and work ethic and how it could enhance other younger players.

16. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
  17. Shane1888

In all seriousness now, what kind of reception can we expect Doyle to get from the crowd if he does sign for us?

Will he be backed as much as every other player that we sign? I would hope so, even though it's no secret that the large majority of our support don't want him here.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

If we sign him I'll back him when he plays but I will be quite * off about the signing.

No matter who it is, I always want a player to do well for Celtic.

...maybe not an ex hun but still...

19. Martybhoy53

Doyle is gash. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!! Neither is Billy Sharp but knowing Lawwell we'll end up signing one of them. :38:

20. Sween

I think the issue is that we don't need another squad player who might do an ok job every now and then. We need a proper replacement for Hooper especially after losing our best midfielder along with our best striker.

We have just spent money of balde, we have sent bangura on loan, and we have tony watt, stokes and samaras. Ijust haven't seen anything from Doyle in the last few years to sugest he is better than what we already have, and we need to be sign quality far more than quantity. An unwanted striker from a league 1 side is not acceptable in my opinion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.