1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Five Famous Nights at Celtic Park

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The The Hand, Feb 8, 2013.

Discuss Five Famous Nights at Celtic Park in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The The Hand

2. Shane1888

I don't think it would be far fetched to say that 'Fortress Paradise' has become something of a legend in European footballing folklore.

Our record at home in Europe is surely unrivalled. I don't know the exact statistics now, but I know that only Barcelona, inspired by Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho and Henry at the time, are the only team to beat us in the Champions League group stages.

3. willsad83

I can feel another one on the way:50:

4. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    We made our European home debut in 1962 and never lost a home game until 1983 V Nottingham Forest and then we never lost at home again until 1992 against Dortmund.

Only Nottingham Forest, Dortmund, PSG, Hamburg(2), Lyon, Ajax, Barcelona(2), Arsenal, Atletico Madrid and Dynamo Moscow have ever won at Celtic Park in Europe.

0-0 AC Milan
    3-0 Fiorentina
    0-0 Inter Milan
    1-0 Juventus
    4-3 Juventus
    0-0 AC Milan
    0-0 AC Milan
    2-1 AC Milan
    1-1 Udinese

Is the previous Italian teams results at Celtic Park.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
  5. Scarecrow

The mighty Barca are the only team to defeat us in Champions League...twice.

6. The The Hand

It's all the more remarkable given that our team was actually quite ropey during a couple of those periods.

Reckon the ratio of our home record to away record must be one of the most striking in European football...

7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I think it might be "too far fetched". Our record is unbelievable in the group stages 24 games and only being beaten by Barca. But I am pretty sure Barca, Spartak Moscow and Benfica were delighted to be drawn against us. And add Juve to that Pirlo has said how highly he rates Wanyama but then later gone onto say they will deal with the "occasion" better than Barca did. The stats are there for everyone to see but even if we beat Juve we will be written off in the next round. ( And that suits me.)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013