1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Small but significant disappointments.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by kieranc, Oct 30, 2012.

Discuss Small but significant disappointments. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lecs

Or a big set of *. Aye it is ridiculous man, I've ranted about it quite a bit. Sometimes when you get in it isn't that good, after all the * about to get in you think aw fs! Get me a taxi hame. :bbpd:

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Only been knocked back in 1 place in edinburgh because we walked in with a group oh 15 of us :56: shame on them cause we must of spent a good grand between us that night in the next bar

3. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Nothing worse than a sausage fest.

4. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Nothing worse though than being so close to getting some then you forget to phone her, albeit after she told you to phone her in 5 mins, forget to do that she then comes up to you takes her bag from you and there goes the rest of my early morning.

5. Lecs

Aye that's what I was saying earlier about doing themselves out of some serious cash :smiley-laughing002: I find Edinburgh a lot easier to get in than in Glasgow, but it is the same story going with mates versus going with a burd. I went to opal lounge with about 6 mates last year, we all got ID'd and asked a few questions, then this summer went to the same place with my gf and walsed straight in, nae messing about.

6. Onefootwonder

Really?

Only once have I been knocked back and that was the newly opened Campus.

Turned up with the girl and was told it was only students allowed. Other than that Aberdeen is fine.

Glasgow you get interrogated to where you have been all night. Any more than 2 people are the doormen start getting nervous.

A few big guys and you can forget it.

No dress code in most places in Aberdeen either. Trainers allowed in most clubs.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2012
  7. Barry Robson

I was once refused entry to a pub while wearing a smart shirt and trousers, yet they let in a wee guy wearing a tracksuit :31:

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Mind I used to go to a wee snack van at the back of Cumnock on my way to work in New Cumnock (the biggest shitehole in existence!).

Used to get lovely stovies, stew and roast veg for dinner, but would go in and get a lovely cup of soup in the morning with a wee roll to heat us up.

Asked this guy who was in the van (must have been his first day - or covering for the wee woman that was usually on) - what the soup was "leek and tottie, but it's no long been put on pal"

I asked the * how warm it was, and I kid you not the clatty * stuck his big manky nicottine finger in the pot of soup and licked his finger......stopped for a pause, then put his finger BACK in the pot, before telling us it was "awright".......

Needless to say the clatty * got told to ram his soup up his * :31::31:

9. Buster

"Sorry, regulars only tonight"..............oh aye, there's 300 * inside and you know everyone of them. :47:

10. Barry Robson

One of my mates mate is a bouncer and he said something about bouncers have to knock back a certain amount of people a night, thats why they have that wee clicker thing they have. * knows if thats true or not though. Me and my mate tried to get into Reflex in glasgow, must have been about 5 year ago and they knocked us and back saying sorry lads too many people in and clicked there wee number clicker, yet let wee birds in that were behind us. So we walked up the hill came back down and got in.

11. The The Hand

Was it Fat Sally? :56:

12. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    load of *... The clicker is so you can tell i the clubs at capacity.. What possible reason would a club manager have to tell the door staff to knock back a certain number of people..:97:

13. cammy07

The clicker thing is so they know how much folk they have in the club.

14. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    And barry robson do you look like this??

[​IMG]

No? that's probably why you didn't get into REFLEX!!:smiley-laughing002:

15. Jezzz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley & Let the People Sing
    *, Glasgow sounds like a fun night out... :bbpd:

16. Barry Robson

Aye thats what i thought aswell. Obviously making any excuse cause most bouncers are bawbags who feel they have power.

17. Barry Robson

:smiley-laughing002: It was a big crowd and thats were they wanted to go, i didnt know Glasgow at the time, was like back to the future in the place with alot of older folk in :smiley-laughing002:.

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Seeing as people are talking about complaints with bouncers and not getting into clubs. I always find this letter of complaint my mate sent, hilarious.
    [​IMG]

19. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    ^^I've worked there.. I bet I know who the jumped up little * was:smiley-laughing002: That was probably Back to the future he was trying to get into.. if it was the he's lucky he wasn't let in.. they probably just saved his life or at least a trip to A+E That club night is nuts...:rolleyes:

20. Markybhoy

One of the problems I encounter in Glasgow is when they start asking you "So where have you been lads?".

Do I try and blag my way past it when I'm a notoriously bad liar? Doesn't work.

Do I tell the truth? "Well I've just been drinking up the Gallowgate most of the day and singing rebel songs ye know. So am I getting in?" Cannae see that wan working. :smiley-laughing002: