1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Emilio Izaguirre

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Scottish Celt, Sep 15, 2012.

Discuss Emilio Izaguirre in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. John_Bhoy

Poorest player on the park last night! I think he needs to get back to basics for a few games and build himself back up again because defensively he was really all over the place -and since that's the main point around his role it needs to be resolved quickly!

2. gohomeyahuns

Am I for real ??? Yes, i do believe i am :50:

3. Celtic abu

He was trying to make things happen but they just weren`t coming off for him. So short on confidence. I thought he has been alright this season but last night he was a bit of a bombscare. Hopefully he gets that bit of confidence back. The hangover from the injury could still be affecting his play. He maybe needs for someone to go straight through him for a shortcut and for him to come out of it unscathed. It might shake him out of this

4. stew37

I dont think its an over reaction, im terrified any time the ball comes near him these days.

5. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    I've been slating him because he's been * for months but I actually thought he played well vs Benfica. A couple poor passes, and he faded in the second half, but I was pleased with his performance.

He really needs to get his attacking spark or confidence back though, there were plenty of occasions when Mulgrew was ushering him forward to bomb down the line like he used to but he's just scared to do it, which is a real shame as we basically lose a player when he's doing that.

6. Doire_Bhoy

Me too. It's not judgement of his character or insult. It's just the way it is.

7. khunter1981

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    I said it in the Benfica match thread but more than anything it's his decision making that's shot. He's pushing up when he can't get to the ball and leaving himself out of position, forcing passes where they're getting picked off or the receiver is under pressure, etc. It's all down to confidence. When you're confident then you make the right decisions, right now he's rushing things. It reminds me of Sammy before he got his confidence back. The only thing that will fix it is more game time and support.

8. ariba1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Izzy is playing * awful I really hope he pulls his finger out and starts playing like the way he played in his first season

9. Artur Boruc #1

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt but not after last night's showing, he was absolutely woeful - giving the ball away left right and centre.

Worst player on the park.

10. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Like commons last season the ability is there but the confidence isnt.

11. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

It's hard to tell mate. He just seems so edgy, tentative and nervous. Scared to be tackled, traumatised almost by his injury. It's sad really because he was an absolutely fantastic player in his first season. Lee Naylor syndrome possibly. Let's hope not.

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

A wee spell on the sidelines coming up for Izzy I think.

With Ambrose probably coming into the team I think Charlie will be played LB for a while.

Really hope he can rediscover his form.

13. Belfast Lad

drop izzy play mulgrew at lb

izzy is a bomb scare

14. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Mulgrew is not the answer at left back, he is a bomb scare playing there when a wide player has pace he gets raped, we should have signed cover in the summer, said it before am gutted we did not sign Paul Dixon on a free! Just hope izzy does not turn out to be another Lee Naylor have a great first season and then turn *

15. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We should definetely have brought Dixon in.

16. Cheese - Burger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larrssonnnnnn
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Ive ont got any concerns about Izzy tbh

17. fraz

have you watched him play the last couple o games he's been awful and needs dropped and hopefully that will give him a wee kick up the back side

18. UncleHo

I think anyone that says they are not worried about Izzy should re evaluate.

He has now been * for as long as he was good, I have a horrible feeling he will never come right again, he seems to have lost a bit of pace as well as his mobility seems a lot more restricted now.

It could be a lack of confidence but I really do think it is something more. I am very worried that he will now be stuck in this rut and he is playing to his best ability. Just lost it now. Sadly.

I would love to be proved wrong.

19. Mr. Slippyfist

No one can prove this wrong.

As much as I, and probably the majority know that Izaguirre is a fantastic player, he has been a total liability as of late.

As the old moniker goes - one player does not make a team, and I'd be happier if Izzy is dropped until he regains either his confidence and/or his form for the sake of the team.

20. UncleHo

Agreed, however I find it hard to call Izzy a fantastic player. I am more inclined to say he WAS a fantastic player. I don't see him returning.