1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Filling our stadium.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Captain Brown, Sep 2, 2012.

Discuss Filling our stadium. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Joe T

we had the largest attendance in the uk for anygame going on yest. which sort of puts it into perspective.

however i cannot help but feel disappointed, mainly at pricing. i usually get up to 5/6 games a season but in all honnesty i simply cannot afford it this year. disappointing.

2. harry5867

Fav Celtic Player:
    every one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the celtic song
    Heard this all before in all the yrs i have been watching the tic at parkhead the crowds have been up and down when were good you cannae get in when were bad only the diehards turn up its swings and roundabouts as far as i can see if you dont want to go dont go if you do good on you......................I dont care what the hunz get we will still sell more pies programmes half time draws bovril who gies a *!

3. archy1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    There should be more effort to get kids to games, kids tickets for a fiver when you buy an * ticket. It's not going to solve everything but its a start.

4. harry5867

Fav Celtic Player:
    every one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the celtic song
    It was full of kids and some first timers yesterday from our section that i seen there is only so much you can do if you gie tickets away who is going to pay.

5. Bunk Moreland

It's no big deal to be honest, given the fact that there's a lot more Huns in this country than us and their ticket prices are dirt cheap I'd actually expect them to have a full house every single home game, in fact I'd go as far to say that it's a disgrace if they don't sell out every home game! In our case season tickets aren't cheap and neither is a single matchday ticket for what you're actually getting for your money. Then there's folk like myself who are season ticket holders but due to family and work commitments can't make every single game and oft times can't even give away my ticket when I can't go!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
  6. harry5867

Fav Celtic Player:
    every one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the celtic song
    Correctomondo cha cha cha and i hope no one takes offence at the replies its just that over the years you get sick of who is the better those that can but dont or those that wish the could but cant it's slightly irrellevant to me as i don't control the purse strings or pick the players or the manager i just go to games and i know if i can afford it as in the past i would like to go to all the away games as well but hey i'm just a fan a tim thank ghod.

7. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    As said before most of the people going to sevco games are people who didn't normally go. This wont last as most of them have not taken a ST but pay per game and once it hits November the attendance will go down

8. harry5867

Fav Celtic Player:
    every one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the celtic song
    Aye and who cares if they have full gates every game they cannae win the SPL they are no in european cup games so they can fill their hole every week for all i care they will always be second best in my world.

9. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Sorry mate this is kind of a non-story because according to the BBC match reports Ibrox had 46,081 and Parkhead had 45,861. Your not going to bother yourself over 200 folk are you?

Also you've got to remember they're still in "defiance" mode and also they're tickets are being sold at third division prices, 12-15 quid for an *.

10. Bunk Moreland

Second best? Going by the league standings they're more like 35th best :icon_mrgreen:

11. CFC_67_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fraser Forster
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Victor Wanyama
    [ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PdLIerfXuZ4"]YouTube - The Who - Who Are You?[/ame]

12. Markybhoy

Why would we file our stadium? Where would we get a cabinet big enough to hold it??

13. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    It's this phone of mine that * up spelling :D

14. Bunk Moreland

www.bigasscabinets.com :56:

15. Onefootwonder

Looking at the end of last season there was campaigns to fill the stadium every week to try and save the club.

The first few weeks the stadium sold out, but it became harder and harder as just a few weeks went past. They couldn't make it last in the club's desperate time of need.

At the moment there is still an act of defiance and a campaign every single game to pressurise people to go to the games.

Everyone knows when and where the games are and the weekly ticket countdown, the need to feel to have to buy a ticket and having to watch 3rd division football will soon stop people going.

16. Celtic_Jorge

Theyre just buying tickets because they're all secretly worried that ibrox will become a tesco or a car park if they dont.

* I hope it does.

17. Firefly

Fav Celtic Player:
    Was Lubo, Now Big Jan
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On or Let The People Sing
    It was the best attendance in Britain yesterday (we even beat Man City v QPR) but that said Celtic have a serious problem when it comes to tickets.

FFS £30 to see an SPL game against Hibs? The most expensive tickets in Serie A can be about €32 and I've been to a few EPL games that are all cheaper than Parkhead.

Prices at Celtic Park do not justify the football you're watching.

18. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I think it the tip of the iceberg.Those that say "they" wont have any affect on the SPL and us in particular are dreaming.It is still early season and our game was on a Saturday at 3 and not on TV...and it is only weeks since we were celebrating this that and tother.

Incredibly enough, i think us not cruising to the title will actually keep the crowds up...not down!
    We need competition.....or the crowds will get lower still.

19. JamieBhoyy 1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    SAMARASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Hahahah:smiley-laughing002:

20. LloydsGamble

Didn't the bbc get our Helsingborg attendance wrong by quite a margin?

I'm sure they reported it as 51k when it must have surely been at least 57k, could only see a few very scattered empty seats for that game.