1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you find Neil Lennon to be an embarrassment?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by cat123, Mar 30, 2012.

Discuss Do you find Neil Lennon to be an embarrassment? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaaaaaarK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Efe ambrose
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    just rageing after the huns game,was daft.

2. kingdom kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama the noo.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jumping oot their windaes when we win.
    great post ,mate.well said.:50:

3. Rude Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    Lie.

:bbpd:

4. pod

That is just not even close to being true.

Agreed.

I honestly believe that there are sections of our support who are gutted when we take fight with them even when we win.

There are too many people who have attatched theirselves to our support who seem to think the by being "objective" they are disminssing the paranoia tag that hun journalists labelled us with to deflect from what has been going on for years. I dont even label this lot as Celtic fans as they clearly dont understand, or choose to ignore, the mindset of many of Scottish society who have a deep rooted hatred for all things Celtic and or Irish.

Despite the last few years when it has become far more evident they still refuse to accept that there are many with an agenda against us and instead label our own fans. From the Jim Farry affair to even what Alex Thompson blogged about regarding journalists behaviour where the huns are concerned recently most of the "paranoid" crew are now been proven to have correct. Yet we still see threads like this where our own come out with some of the pish you can see on here.

They dont deserve to sit in a stadium that was paid for by Celtic fans. They dont deserve to revel in any success we have. I wish they would * right off and support their local team unless it is Celtic and leave the rest of us who understand that Celtic are indeed more than just a club to our paranoid fantasies.:87:

Not only is it a lie but it was the kind of misinformed comment that belongs in the Daily Mail.

5. Artur Boruc #1

Spot on.

The guys who find him embarrassing will want a gutless manager who will meekly surrender, and play the old croppy lying down role. Probably big fans of Mowbray come to think of it.

6. Conor1888

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    There are a shitload of Uncle Tom's in our support.

They can go * themselves as far as I'm concerned.

8. TAB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    :50:

Neil is the sort of leader we've been lacking, one that isn't scared to take on anyone.

9. Jungle Bhoy

Anyone else notice that the majority of those who voted Yes have a pretty low post count...?! Just an observation...

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I have also noted that.

11. JamesLaverty25

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Moravcik, Samaras, Petrov, Sutton, Lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

This (Y)

12. Ry The Bhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This thread is an embarrassment. Rival fans looking at this will have a field day.

Cringeworthy.

13. Matt_20

This is just self-parody. I've always felt this attitude permeates a lot of posts on here for years but to actually come out with it is quite something. You're now no longer a Celtic fan if you don't believe everyone is against us. Come on tae *!

14. Jungle Bhoy

We don't care what the animals say!

15. kennydal

So you need a certain amount of posts on here to vote ,anyone can vote and have there point put forward.

16. ByeByeHuns

Simple answer NO

17. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    You do have a point there, go against the grain, disagree with any small thing lenny does and immediately you are a hun.

As i said earlier in the thread i am by no means embarrassed by lenny, but there are still things he does i don't agree with.

18. Matt_20

Tbh this should be every fair minded person's answer, unless you are one of these arseholes who loves that "he winds up the huns and he's pure Celtic through and through."

19. Artur Boruc #1

I don't agree with everything he does, far from it, but the fact that he's one of us, and has a disdain for that mob, is one of his major plus points. What's not to love about that?

20. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Did the great Jock Stein not speak his mind on issues? Did he not take any * from anyone either? I'm sure he stuck up for himself and the club when needed and yet he's never been considered an embarrassment or cringeworthy. And before anyone starts I'm not comparing manager abilities as that has nothing to do with my point.

Lennon calls it as he sees it (even if he's not allowed to literally speak his mind on how he feels on issues) and I'd rather have that than a manager who just sits there and takes the * that happens, especially when it's not justified. I wonder what would have happened last season during all the * with the referees and the McDonald incident if we had someone like Mowbray in charge.

Lennon sticks up for the club, sticks up for his players when they get unwarranted criticism and sticks up for himself as well and I wouldn't want it any other way. The SFA don't like that he speaks out - all they want is a yes man and I am 100% sure that they hate the fact that they don't have that in Lennon.

He doesn't always blame the refs when we lose either as there has been plenty of times where he has criticised the players in some form or another when they have played rank rotten ie the St Johnstone game back in August when we got beat 1-0 at home.

As for Lennon being hated while playing in England? Rubbish. He wasn't a hate figure until he moved to Scotland and if you don't believe me read his autobiography, Man And Bhoy. Oh, and you'll also read about several different incidents on him being verbally attacked, sent death threats, assaulted and treated like * purely because he's a Northern Irish Catholic who played (and now manages) Celtic and NOT because he's a "bit of an idiot".

To me he deserves a medal alone for having to deal with the vindictive media, the opposing fans (especially from the orcs), the constant verbal abuse he receives, going through the whole death threat saga and personal attacks he has received for just trying to do the job he loves.

There's only One Neil Lennon :ynwacelti

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.