1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Georgios Samaras

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by donnegal celt, Jul 17, 2011.

Discuss Georgios Samaras in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    [​IMG]

This is me watching Samaras stand or stroll about at snails pace without a single clue what he's meant to be doing.

2. Sentinel

It's not one.

3. Seosamh Máirtín

Alternatively one or two good games, won't make me forget how he's been more bad than not in a Celtic shirt.

Saying that, not his fault tonight. Lennon gave him no hope by playing him as the lone striker. He looked miserable.

4. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon should have hooked him half time

5. 88SuperHooper88

wouldn't blame sammy for the result, playing as a striker isn't for him and i 97% blame neil lennon for the result, although when samaras injured himself on the attack, i think he could have stuck that in somehow

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Doesnt change the fact he puts in very little effort to compete for high balls, close down and that hes the dumbest footballer on the planet. The lack of awareness of anyfuckin thing thats going on is dreadful. There are 10 year olds with better movement and reading of the game than him. Has he ever seen a game of football?

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Right, I know this won't go down well and I agree that he has been our main man in Europe of late...

...BUT he shouldn't be starting in Europe for us if we sign a proper striker. If Derk turns out to be as good as we hope then there is no place for Sammy unless he gets shifted out to the right hand side. All too often he shows no desire to win the ball or put the effort in. Might as well have had 10 players on the pitch tonight.

8. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Or maybe played him in his best position? Allowing Mulgrew to play in his best position and not going in with an entirely new cb pairing.

Lennon is to blame for that performance, not Samaras.

9. Markybhoy

He's a * useless centre forward. I can't believe Neil Lennon played him in that position again.

10. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

This and he only seems to give 100% in the big games. Should not be played against weaker teams.

11. Heisenberg

Stop playing the big * up front himself waste of * time you're as well playing a horse up front

12. TimFloyd Gold Member

Yip I thought it was clear to everyone on the planet that he can't play that role for us.

13. frank67

Fav Celtic Player:
    kayal
    I would have played him upfront tonight. The goals he has got us in CL are priceless, the players around him didn't help much either.

14. Higgie

It's getting tedious as *. Everybody and their granny knows that Samaras can't play as a striker. Deploy him elsewhere and he will damage opposition. Woeful decision making from Lennon tonight.

15. Gil-Scott Heron

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    This is the position that Sammy is least effective in. He always seems to be surrounded by defenders and is clueless when it comes to stepping out and showing himself to receive passes. Moving wide where he gets more freedom to run at defenders and create things is where he has proven himself, and he's on another planet when playing there.

16. monthehoops1888

Wasnt in the game at all,should be played down the left where he is best....

17. TrueTim67

Fav Celtic Player:
    None at present but idolised Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Highlights from sammys performance up front tonight!

[​IMG]

18. jirijiri cfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    This is nonsense I remember against Udinese him running up and down that left flank slide tackling winning the ball,it's no different to other players he was'nt up to it tonight like most of them,the more lauded Joe Ledley and Broony did'nt show any great passion to play the ball forward get in the box etc very few did.

There's always a knee * reaction (not saying there should'nt be a reaction here) this guy shouldnt play again it's his fault etc how about the management sitting watching events unfold not changing things,the guy Balde has had barely a sniff what's the point of him if he's gonna get 5 mins when were 2 goals down that grates with me more.

19. monthehoops1888

:56::56:

20. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Neil Lennon should take every bit of flack for the performance of Samaras today. His best position is wide left, but Lennon made a dramatic error with him today.