1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraser Forster

Discussion in 'World Football' started by TAB, Jan 3, 2012.

Discuss Fraser Forster in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Thanks for the memories and best of luck with the new club. A bit depressing to think if VVD does go to southampton too what we all would have loved to see here, a spine of Forster, VVD and big Vic would be turning out for them instead. :(

2. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    A truly fantastic goalkeeper, thanks for the memories big man. Best of luck at Southampton!

3. Dáibhí

Especially if Hart is dropped more often in favour of Caballero, which is a very real possibility.

4. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    at the end of the day if he wanted to go theres not a lot we could do about it. just my opinion but he might be going to a far superior league but Southampton is a poor move for him, watch him drop out the England set up now.

5. Dáibhí

The England goalkeeping coach is with Southampton, which no doubt played at least a part in him choosing them.

6. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    didn't know that :50: that might explain a lot.

7. Shane1888

Thanks for everything big chap, including the £10m.

8. Matt_20

Not a lot of Celtic players leave here for the Premiership with my best wishes but big Fraser is one of them. Wish him all the best for the rest of his career and hope he becomes the English no. 1.

9. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Most of the times when players leave, i dont really feel much more then a "Ok, next". I felt that way with both Wanyama & Hooper weird enough.

But when it comes to Forster, i do enjoy the profit made on him, but i really have that sad feeling in me with him leaving the club after being such a fantastic servant and true gentlemen. Every single game we played, i never felt worried with Fraser in goal. If the opposition got a penalty, i always felt that Forster would save it. Im have great faith in Gordon though, so im very happy that we have him as a replacement.

10. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Agree with the sentiments in regards to Forster. He had a decent start for us in his loan period but has come on leaps and bounds.

Received a decent amount in the end for him. Southampton have got a bargain for me though. Buying from anywhere else you would be looking at 5million - 10 more than that price, not only on his current ability but on the potential for improvement.

Interested to know if you still feel the same about the bolded part??

11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Sad to see Forster go but it seemed inevitable that he would be off this summer. He gave us 4 great years and to get 10m for him is a very healthy profit considering we only paid 2m for him. Can easily see him being such a standout for Southampton that he ends up at a much bigger club in a couple of years time in the epl.

12. Dempsey

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We only get £7.5 because Newcastle get 25% of the deal.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he broke significant records in every season at the club.
    [​IMG]

Incredible improvement in his game since he joined Celtic, I hope that continues. Like most Celtic fans, he leaves with my blessing because his contribution deserves it.

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Got him in my fantasy league team.
    I honestly beliebe this is one of the very few guys who will leave us and be the great player we know he is.
    Larsson did it, Viduka did it (say what you will), and I still believe that Wanyama will do it, young, and this year is his to take at southampton.

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    He equaled the League record of 21 clean sheets from a Keeper in a season which was set by Rab Douglas in 2002 or something 3 times in 4 seasons.

It's mad that in about 100 seasons of 30+ League game seasons, 4 times a keeper has kept 21 clean sheets, the most ever and 3 of them were Forster even though he only played for 4 seasons :smiley-laughing002: quite * he never managed to set a new record of 22.

I think him and Zaluska set the record of most for a Club in a League season though when he got 21 and Zaluska must have got 1/2/3/4.

He has some record on paper. He's only played 5 seasons in his career so far and in all 5 seasons he kept the most clean sheets in his League. He's won 4 League titles in those 5 seasons, and been named POTY by his team mates 3 out of those 5 times. Also on average keeps over 1 clean sheet every 2 games and has been in the Champions League Team of the Week 3 times out of 14.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  15. SouthCoastCelt

The big man left with dignity and I'll only have good memories of him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28729222

Southampton are the local EPL to me & all the kids traded their MU kits in for saints ones last season but they've just sold half of that squad, including their talisman (Lambert). I can see big Fraze getting plenty of practice. I hope he does enough to do himself justice because I can see them struggling to stay up.

16. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

In goal v Liverpool half 1 kick off.

Good luck!

17. Nasser

I have only respect for the guy. It always * me off when some fans were on his back sometimes. It's just annoying as 10 million is a brilliant deal for Southampton. But As long as Gordon does not get an injury it was a good decision all round. You could see he loved Celtic when he played.

18. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Could he have done anything about the goal missed it watching the H v H game?

19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    He was left one on one with Sterling after a great pass by Henderson to send him through.

20. Vertie Auld

How's he played? Just turned it on.