1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by holy pope, Dec 19, 2011.

Discuss The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Intellectually Absurd Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson (obvious choice ehh?)
    Thats what I was thinking. Maybe he doesn't believe they will be as good as some think, or make as much of an impact this season.

Emre, Lovren (maybe), Lallana and Lambert aren't that inspiring.

Add in the fact London is far better than Liverpool.

2. Dáibhí

Yeah, but it would appear that Liverpool are a club on the way up, with a bright, ambitious young manager who plays exciting football.

Arsenal are, well, Arsenal.

3. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It's sad really, they were one of my favorite teams to watch last year. But 'that's football', it will be interesting to see how they reinvest there money because they have a ton of it, 30+ for Shaw, 25 for Lallana and Lovren being quoted at around 20. I'm sure they will keep up their tradition of bringing players through the youth system and we will see more of James Ward-Prowse, Sam Gallagher, etc. They have also been linked with a few Eredivise players such as Tadic and Pelle.

4. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Eredivise players generally tend to struggle in the Premier League mind that guy who Boro signed Alfonso Alves he was rotten in England

5. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I'd probably choose Arsenal over Liverpool.

6. RocknRolla67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of Em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    There are Alves' and Kezman's but there's also Suarez, Van Nistelrooy and Bony. Very hit or miss.

7. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Sunderland have confirmed they've released Carlos Cuellar, Oscar Ustari, Keiren Westwood and Andrea Dossena.

Genoa striker Alberto Gilardino is considering an offer from Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande.

Juventus striker Mirko Vucinic is set to undergo a medical at Al Jazira.

Barcelona winger Cristian Tello has almost agreed terms on a move to Porto, with the clubs now talking about the deal.

Iker Muniain has signed a new contract at Athletic Bilbao that will run until 2017.

Real Sociedad have completed the signing of striker Alfred Finnbogason from Heerenveen for an undisclosed fee.

OFFICIAL: Torino have announced the arrival of midfielder Ruben Perez on a season-long loan deal from Atletico Madrid.

Juventus have signed Luca Marrone under terms of a co-ownership with Sassuolo, but Federico Peluso has gone to Sassuolo under co-ownership.

QPR have agreed a fee with Cardiff for Steven Caulker. Personal terms to be agreed.

Večernji List: Atletico Madrid has agreed a €18m offer with Bayern Munich for striker Mario Mandzukic ,The paper also says that Mandzukic rejected a €8m per year offer from Wolfsburg to join the La Liga giants

OFFICIAL: West Ham have completed the signing of Ipswich defender Aaron Cresswell for £4million.

Pepe Reina will spend the next season at Liverpool following the end of his loan spell with Napoli, the goalkeeper’s agent has confirmed.

Bruno Martins Indi's move to Porto is nearly complete

Official: Atlético's Óliver Torres has joined Porto on a season-long loan. NO option to buy included.

8. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Vucinic joins Al Jazira.
    [​IMG]

9. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Marca suggest that Toni Kroos' expected arrival at Real Madrid will spark a series of moves including Angel di Maria to PSG.

Marca: Di Maria is wanted by PSG (who lead chase), Manchester United, Manchester City & Arsenal. However, PSG also want Antoine Griezmann.

Marca: With Real Madrid keen on James Rodriguez. Monaco are interested in Griezmann as his replacement, should he leave.

Per AS, Real Madrid are considering using Alvaro Morata to persuade Monaco to part with Radamel Falcao.

France national team defender Mangala could be on his way to ManCity. Porto accepted a €40m bid, report L'Equipe. Chelsea interest

Evening Standard: Ligue 1 side Toulouse have rejected a £5m bid from QPR for Spurs, PSG, and Arsenal target Serge Aurier Monchengladbach sporting director Max Eberl CONFIRMS that they agreed a loan deal with Chelsea over Thorgan Hazard.

De Telegraaf: AFC & LFC want Huntelaar. Since extending with Schalke on €7m salary, KJH has played just 31 games in 1.5 seasons

El Confidencial. Chelsea have agreed to loan out Romelu Lukaku to Atletico Madrid next season and will join after World Cup

Atletico are also trying to sign Courtois on a 4th year loan deal but Mourinho is refusing to let go of the Belgian goalkeeper.

Dejan Lovren of Southampton is trying to force a move to LFC.

LFC had a £20m bid on the table, Southampton changed their stance and decided they didn't want to sell, Lovren now trying to force the move through.

Don't get too excited about reports that City have agreed a £32m fee for Mangala. Mangala's not keen and City don't want to be snubbed.

Muniain's contact extension to 2017, announced today, has a buyout clause of €45m. Bilbao press think he'll leave in 2017 when 25 years old.

Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Emre Can from Bayer Leverkusen for a fee in the region of £10m.

El Confidencial article claims Jorge Mendes wants a Di Maria move to Manchester United.

Patrice Evra is wanted by Juventus despite signing a new contract at Old Trafford this summer.

Kolar (agent Cech): "If Chelsea wanted to get rid of Petr, we would get in touch with Zubizarreta and people at Real Madrid

Rio Ferdinand to sign for QPR once he returns from BBC duties at the World Cup

Petr Cech's agent confirms PSG and Monaco have made enquiries about the Chelsea goalkeeper

10. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Silvio Berlusconi: "I was about to sell Balotelli to a British club for £35m, then the transfer was canceled."

11. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    So next year we might be able to see Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Ronaldo, Falcao, and James in the same match?

12. Mikel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lustig
    If those Suarez, Falcao and James deals go through then I honestly do not know what to say. Barca-Real games will be absolutely brilliant to watch, sure, but won't those signing further increase the gap between them and the rest of is in La Liga? Atlético's herculean effort won't be repeated, I'm sure of that, nor will the Big Two be so inconsistent next season. But it's all well and good you know, as long as they're winning and getting want they want, there's no problem. * the rest of us. I mean, I'm pretty at peace with the fact that Rayo will get pumped by lesser teams than those two, but getting beat 5-0, 6-0 at home can de devastating, for goal difference and for confidence.

Am I looking forward to the possibility of Morcillo marking Falcao? Christ no. Castro on Suarez? Same again, absolutely not. And we aren't even the worst team in the league! It might sound a bit pissy and moany of me to say that it 'isn't fair' but it's true. They can spend their €140m TV money on new signings whilst we have €18m to spend on wages and signing 15 players to replace the ones that left. (Obviously just using Rayo as an example, the same could be applied to Celta, Almeria, Getafe etc.)

To be totally honest, Real Madrid can go spend money on a * rocket that takes them to the * moon to never return and Barcelona can * themselves with their self-righteous mantra on their moral high ground.

Boy those two make me mad. :smiley-laughing002::52:

13. Sonny7

Kroos Bale & Iniesta as well what a game that'll be:smiley-laughing002:

14. Pearse67*

People saying that liverpool have an average squad are wrong in my opinion, i think they will be up there irrespective of whether suarez leaves or not. Theres plenty of pace in that side, i dont really understand the lallana signing though 25m is alot of money that could of been invested elsewhere, be interesting to see how they get on. I would definately sign a new rb as i think glen johnson is rubbish.

-------------------mignolet---------------------
    johnson-------lovren------sakho---------rojo (possibly)
    -----------------gerrard -- henderson--------------
    -------sterling-------coutinho--------lallana
    --------------------sturridge----------------------

squad players
    reina
    lucas
    oribe (possibly)
    emre can
    borini
    allen
    skrtel
    agger
    flanagan
    lambert
    ibe

will be interesting to see how van gaal takes united forward aswel, so much dead wood in that squad. Would like to see something like this:

--------------------de gea--------------------
    janmaat------hummels------vermaelen---shaw
    -----------carvalho---------herrera-----------
    ----------------------mata-------------------
    --------robben--------------------sanchez------
    -------------------van persie---------------------

ok maybe i got a little carried away with the united team but with big wage earners like rio and vidic gone and also the dead wood that is nani, anderson, young, cleverley, fletcher, bebe, fellaini, zaha having serious doubts about theyre futures at the club then united could claw back some half decent money. I would also punt smalling, kagawa, rooney and hernandez

15. sarcasmotron

Portuguese media today reporting that Atletico Madrid and Benfica have reached an agreement for the transfer of goalkeeper Jan Oblak in a deal worth 20 million euros.

16. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Champions League quality sides do not have a well passed it Gerrard, Henderson, Sakho, Johnson, Lallana and even Sterling at this current time as starters. Also Coutinho is hardly an Iniesta, Ozil, Silva level attacking midfielder.

Their squad is like 5th or 6th place quality in the Premier League without Suarez

17. The Celtic Way

flanagan is allready better than johnson and should be in that line up before him, was outstanding at times last year from left back

18. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Agree with everyone except Sterling he is the real deal and he will shine in the CL if Roy Hodgson didn't bow down to media pressure and kept Sterling behind Sturridge England wouldn't have gone out in the group stages

19. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

I like Sterling I admit, I just question him because of his age the responsibility he'll have next season for Liverpool might be too much.

20. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He didn't seem to handle the pressure well at the start of last season in fact I don't think he was a regular until Christmas time