1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you believe in God?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Heisenberg, Dec 6, 2011.

Discuss Do you believe in God? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic_bhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjälby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You guys should watch 'ancient aliens'. It's pretty gOOd. A lot is based on the bOOk 'Chariots of the Gods' which is a guys theory that angels, gods and so on from the bible days were actually advanced aliens. Which really makes sense because there are structures all over the world that man today never mind man thousands of years ago could build.

2. Monto16

Fav Celtic Player:
    Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenrye
    Nope.

3. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    No it doesnt.

I know it is a different subject mate, but its a silly idea!Im sure the book appears to make sense, but the people who buy or read such books, are usually already interested in weird or different theories about such stuff.Its like a David Icke conference.....preaching to the converted.All we have is a few old stone structures, from a civilisation that arrived from another planet!!!
    Sorry, but i think that is even more outlandish than the bible stories.

4. celtic_bhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjälby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You think it's more outlandish that beings similar to us only a lot lot more advanced came here and taught us a few things than a being that has no beginning and no end, knows absolutely everything there is possibly to know created the universe in 7 days out of nothing? Come on mate.

lOOk at Easter Island, an island over 2,000 miles away from the closest mainland country, Chile. An island with no trees. How did they build the heads? The weigh over 1000 tonnes. Their hats are from the other side of the island (again remember, no trees on the island) are made of another kind of stone which is more dense and again weigh over 1000 tonnes. It was only in the 1980s that man created a crane that could lift over 1000 tonnes.

There is a ruined pyramid in South America with stones over 50 long stacked beside each other with duck tails sockets (can't think of a better description) so perfectly cut that man couldn't do it today with our lasers. There are holes bored into the stones again so perfect that our lasers couldn't do it today.

These are all from what the mainstream historians say were the bronze age where their tOOls could not have created such erections (hehe). But mainstream historians offer no explanations.

There's also carvings in the pyramids of tanks, planes and helicopters as well as alien lOOking beings.

5. celtic_bhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjälby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Oh and please don't compare me to a David Icke fan :)

6. willsad83

:50:I have watched these documentrys myself.I was a complete sceptic of the theory but a lot of the stuff is hard to explain away.Our Earth and solar system have been around for billions of years and is so vast our minds cant comprehend it,so whats to say what has come and gone before us.

7. celtic_bhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjälby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Exactly mate. Lets say you go to a planet where they believe in the ancient alien theory and you try and tell them about religion, you'd get the same response as you do here.

They are gOOd docs mate. But you should read the bOOks. You can get them cheap on Amazon.

It's obviously peoples theories but then again so is most of history. We've only been writing for a few thousand years.

Have you seen the tanks, helicopters and planes in the pyramids?

8. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

nopes

9. Fabenzofi

Fav Celtic Player:
    juarez
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
  10. MartinR

Yeah, he's sitting beside me smoking a big fat Joint while we watch hunskelping dvds...wee call this casual tuesday amen

11. SnoopyCFC

No because i believe in aliens.

12. Dianbobo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobo Balde
    Went for unsure, I used to be convinced that there was because I couldn't think of a logical expiation as to how this incredible universe could come into existence without an intelligent creator.

I still can't think of how it all started but now I realise that just because I have no other explanation it doesn't automatically mean that everything is a result of *. There are many things I don't understand and I now feel that I shouldn't just presume answers to difficult questions because of the limitations of my mind.

Similarly I can't say that I don't believe that * exists because the whole situation is way beyond my comprehension.

13. me.CelticBhoy88

Not sure but more likely to head in the No direction

14. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Very good point, and one of the main reasons the idea of a * was invented all over the world by different peoples.We constantly want answers, and when we havent got them, we create them.It is natural........but you are right and very sensible imo;just because we dont know everything should not mean we automatically assume it was a * what done it!

15. AnnoniOnAnawNoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    i dont believe in * but sometimes i wish i could. i'm just one of these people who cant believe in something that cannot be explained in a logical manner.

i have at times envied friends and or family who can turn to * in dark times and wish i too could have a little faith.

16. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    We cant uninvent the atom bomb mate!I get a little sad, as i do like the music and the atmosphere and the sense of serenity in churches.....but then i think of all the barbaric torture that created that sense of peace.The money that was spent on them when locals were being burnt and tortured for absolutely anything that was different from the norm.The slaughter between sects.Its a fallacy mate.Walk up a mountain and you will feel as spiritual as any christian.

17. markeyboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Yes, there's too many things that don't make sense going by logical thinking and science.

Something beyond Science had to create the VERY start of this universe, it couldn't just be there, something had to have happended for that THING to start the evolution process.

18. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Therefore we should think illogically?

Because we dont have all the answers mate, doesnt mean the answers arent there.What is the point of making up a stop gap until we find the true answers, as all it does is inhibit humanity from looking for the truth.

19. markeyboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    What's logical about this World? Is it Logical to think a man is capable of raping a Baby and battering him so he has a heart attack?

Nothing is Logical about this World, I happen to believe that * offers a passage of light to Good People when their time on this world comes to an end.

20. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    With specific regard to Easter Island, there are films and docu's about how and why they did what they did....and it is a tragic tale;but what is more frightening is that Easter Island really can be viewed as a microcosm of our planet.There is an actual feature film about it, which is very good, but i dont know its name.
    Here is a small explanation;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hO-vCPuuQQ

Sorry!