1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Krakow Poland

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by foxybhoy67, Oct 24, 2011.

Discuss Krakow Poland in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. foxybhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Awright folks,

Im heading to Krakow next week for a mates stag for three nights.

Anyone been? If so whats it like and the do's and dont's.

2. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    Only went with my School but the City is a really nice location that comes alive at night, Obviously dont stray into the many dodgy towerblock estates is all I can say.

3. foxybhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

cheers mate, been hearin its really bangin at night!

canny wait!

4. shaun.f

its like oban.

5. Markybhoy

Never pour mixers into your vodka. The Poles hate that. You have to drink the vodka straight then if you want to you can wash it down with coke, fruit juice etc.

6. gunt

Lovely place. The big square around the cathedral is a good spot and there is a cool area of bars etc a bit of a distance away in a historic slightly crumbling area called the kazimierz which is really nice but its cool in an alternative/arty/bohemian way so if you are on a booze cruise or stag its maybe not what you are looking for. Dont really know about night clubs because in the main I hate them and am getting a bit long in the tooth for them. BTW, every waitress, barmaid etc in the centre of Krakow is a supermodel!

7. gunt

a lot of old guys in Scotland think the same about whisky- hence a wee nip and a half pint on the side or a jug of water.

8. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Mate was there with his girlfriend,she asked him was he having a good time (over dinner) "yeah,but i'd rather be here with the lads" was his reply...she was a bit * off he said.

Supposed to be a great spot.

9. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Guy I used to work with was from Krakow and he says the best nightlife is in the Old Town area. Nightclubs, strip joints, bars etc are all generally in that area with nightlife not really starting until midnight.

Drink is dirt cheap and most of the locals speak English. So no real problems communicating. One very important thing to know is their use of different symbols to Europe for the toilets. A circle on the door is for women and mens is a triangle. Or is it the other way around? Oh well I'm sure you'll soon find out. :icon_mrgreen:

10. chanbhoy67

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    True story. My mate was there a few years ago with one of his mates. They got plastered one night and decided to do a bit of 'car jumping' on their way to their hotel. He ran over the bonnet of a bmw and minutes later there was 3 armed police screaming at them to lie on the ground waving their guns about. Just so happened that the car in question was the French Consulates daughters. They got arrested and put in a cell. His mate got let go to 'get as much money as possible' to give to the police to get let out. He spent 2 nights in jail while his mate was organising money from parents etc. He got let out and got the next flight home. There is still a warrant out for his arrest and he gets official letters in polish every few months. He cant go back or he is *!

11. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    :56: * that

I imagine Poland looks like 1950's Glasgow.

12. FlaviusMecurius

Was in Krakow in July wi a dozen other lhads for a stag do and it was brilliant!!
    Gentlemens clubs are excellent its like 3-4 girls to a man and theyre all beautiful!
    the Drink is cheap as * and the city itself is beautiful very cosmopolitan and cultured during the day and debauched and dangerous at night!

my mate got jumped by 5 gypsy looking characters not realising that 30 meters down the street another 11 boozed up angry Scotsmen were steaming up the road after them to lay waste!

in short take plenty cash do what you want but make sure you dont let any of your boys get isolated or there could be a scene. my legacy is a scarred hand from being bottled and a t-shirt that got burned with a flaming absinthe shot!! good times! enjoy.

13. Stan Petrov

A crazy place at night, just stay away from dodgy looking places..

it's a good city though, you'll enjoy.

14. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

You are totally and utterly wrong beyond comprehension.....Poland is a wonderful beautiful country... I was in Wroclaw, which was nearly completely destroyed during the second world war...and also obviously mostly under communist rule after that...and its so much more beautiful than all the cities in scotland infact britain combined!

15. foxybhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    thanks for all the help guys!

leavin at 4am on thurs and not back till sunday.

its gonna be utter bedlam!

16. FlaviusMecurius

Theres a good restaurant right on the main square for a pre-game meal mate thats * mint and down a side street to the right of the market there is a kebab shop built into the wall its tiny but they do a beef kebeb with volcano sauce we called it fire in a bag a reet good scran when yer melted oot yer nut enjoy!!!

17. gunt

Gdansk was destroyed during WWII but restored painstakingly back to its days as a beautiful city called Danzig.

18. foxybhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    just back from krakow folks, still half cut and had onev of the best weekends ever!

thanks for all your help!

19. fiferbhoy

Been in krakow twice before, and going back in march, the kebab shop you're on about, one of the mates that was with us got food poision from their on our first visit, and the stupid * went back a year later for some more and ended up being ill again, *!!!:56:

20. foxybhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    theres a great wee irish bar on Jana street just off the square. was bouncin every time we were in.

we also stayed in the qubus hotel and it was top notch!