1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Italian Serie A Megathread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by RocknRolla67, Sep 6, 2011.

Discuss Italian Serie A Megathread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    On the other hand, Juve might just take Berba after all if the rumours are to be believed :icon_mrgreen:

2. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    It's done he has signed a 2year deal pending medical

3. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Some very irate people in Florence tonight then :icon_mrgreen:

4. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    This stance. Fiorentina with a statement explaining his truth about Berbatov. Here is the answer of the company violates the story: "ACF Fiorentina announces that the acquisition of the player Dimitar Berbatov finally jumped after it was signed an agreement with Manchester United (exchange of contract shared the first installment of the consideration paid and surety for the second installment already signed) and after it had reached a verbal understanding with the player on his contract. During today, the English club had granted its affiliated written permission to travel to Florence for medical and sign the contract. The player had embarked, accompanied by his attorney and paid tickets from Fiorentina on a flight to Florence. But in Florence, the player never arrived. Because of reckless and arrogant actions of other companies, which have nothing to do with the values ​​of honesty, fair play and ethics of sport and that lie beyond the boundaries of loyalty. As for the player, in addition to its characteristics and its technical merit, at this point we are happy that did not come to Fiorentina did not deserve our city and our shirt and the values ​​it represents.

:56: Dry your * eyes you bunch of *

Berba staying in England due to his wife not wanting to leave.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2012
  5. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Now Fulham's his desitnation apparently, * me :56: :icon_mrgreen:

6. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Juventus found agreement with Bendtner.In next hours talks with Arsenal.

Gds say Bendtner to join Juve on loan with option to buy at €6m. Loan fee €1.5m and medical tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
  7. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Get bendnter to *. Decnt player, but thinks far too much of himself. Not the answer.

8. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    [​IMG]

Bojan will wear #22 for AC Milan,

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
  9. Firefly

Fav Celtic Player:
    Was Lubo, Now Big Jan
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On or Let The People Sing
    I'd be raging if I was a Juve fan it is a joke.

Cavani, Van Persie, Jovetic, Llorente have all been possibilities then they settled for Berbatov and now Bendtner. Disappointing.

Although Milan aren't much better, Silva and Ibra out to be replaced by Acerbi and Bojan.

Not the best summer for Serie A's big teams transfer wise except Fiorentina :54:

10. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Make no mistake about it, Milan are untouchable in terms of having a farce of a transfer window :56:

Cavani/Falcao were the dream for Juve. But ultimately we knew it was a dream that wouldn't come to fruition.

RVP, well as brilliant as he is I wasn't too fussed about getting him in the first place tbh. But at the initial price we offered (around 10mil) who in their right mind would have turned him down if it had been accepted.

Jovetic isn't someone who has actually became a target, Conte has alluded to the fact he doesn't fit with his system - debate that however you like, I think he's a crackin wee player, but not necessarily what Juve need as he doesn't exactly guarantee 20-25 a season.

Llorente - there's all the usual hype surrounding a Spanish (Basque) player coming to Serie A and how they can't handle it etc. But I really like the big man and he's improved season after season at Bilbao. But I agree with Juve that Bilbao are taking the * wanting 36mil.

Berba - Wouldn't have minded him coming tbh, got a lot to offer and his overall attitude to the game improved under Fergie. Unfortunately his wifey told him not to bother going to Italy at all :icon_mrgreen:

Bendtner - eejit of a man. Got ability but thinks he's a lot better than what he is. Not happy that's who we're ending up with. The rumour is it will only be on loan with an option to buy. Guy on Twitter summed up the positives for me: 1) it's a loan deal, and 2) he's not Borriello :56: :50:

Really expected better from Juve though, unless we pull something out the hat at the last minute that's a few windows now without a proper goalscorer being brought in. Can't afford to rely on goals getting spread around the team again.

11. super_hoops1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    "Packie" Bonner
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Y.N.W.A
    Has boruc left fiorentina?

12. Chris Sutton

I've always loved Quagliarella. Twice the player Bendtner will ever be. His performance against Slovakia in the 2010 World Cup was ridiculous; he nearly single-handedly dragged Italy out of the groups.

13. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Aye mate free agent just now :50:

I like Quags as well. Good for a bit of magic now and then. He's been off the boil since his injury though. Rumours he'll be farmed out to Germany until January to regain a bit of match fitness and consistency.

Btw, that goal in the WC2010 was crazily good :icon_mrgreen:

14. Chris Sutton

Shame about that injury, he was just coming into the form of his career. He really is special when he's on form.

15. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Some of his long/middle distance goals are screamers. Something special about his type of goals when he gets in the mood. Pity he can't seem to break the 20-goal mark in a season (think he's only done it once). Made a positive impact from the bench a few times last season as well.

He signed a years extension in April right enough so the rumoured loan move does seem to genuinely be in his best interests. Contracted til 2015 far as I know :50:

16. Firefly

Fav Celtic Player:
    Was Lubo, Now Big Jan
    Fav Celtic Song:
    True all that mate can't argue with anything you've said. Especially about Bendtner just sad that the Champions in the league that is still my favourite in the world is resorted to signing him as their marquee striker.

I take it from your sig and response your a big Juve fan then? :icon_mrgreen:

I'm still excited for every weekend of action this season though. Roma under Zeman is going to be epic (like the game last week) and Fiorentina and Napoli should push higher up aswell.

Also good having Samp and Torino back to get 2 quality derbies again :50:

17. Chris Sutton

Aye, he only seems to score screamers out of nothing. If he could score average goals too he'd be laughing. :56:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vaqzE6VUUA"]Fabio Quagliarella - Mr Dreamgoal - YouTube[/ame]

This season was ridiculous.

18. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    From what I've read on the forums, Twitter etc. the Juventini are not happy with the significant let-down in final results with the striker hunt, as you can imagine :56::50:

Aye mate I'm a Juve fan. All Italian on my mums side of the family so naturally I have an Italian team I like as well as (but admittedly nowhere near the same level of love I have for) Celtic. It's Juve since I was younger, probably because my Uncle supports them tbh. The majority of the rest of my family support Milan though :56:

Zeman is a good thing for Roma imo, he done a fantastic job with Pescara in Serie B last season. Them, Fiorentina and even possibly Genoa could push upwards for european places this year. I'm not sure how much better Napoli will do - I actually think they underachieved in the league last season, admittedly with the distraction of the CL though. They've lost Lavezzi but kept Cavani so far, which is the main thing for them :50:

19. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Theres 13 goals and I'd say two are "normal" ones. Quagliarella CSC :icon_mrgreen:

20. Firefly

Fav Celtic Player:
    Was Lubo, Now Big Jan
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I know I'd be none too happy alright when its Bendtner you get after being linekd with all them :bbpd:

Ah very good mate nice one although I'm afraid I'm Milan aswell although same as you its nowhere close to Celtic. Good signing though if De Jong comes in and looks like it will happen.

Aye mate its quality you need someone like Zeman in football, 4-0 up and still pushing his teams to go on and get 5. :smiley-laughing002:
    Genoa could be dangerous if they play like they did last weekend but were utter shocking last season. Went to one of their games last year and it was mental, their fans are absolute nutters!
    As long as they have Cavani and Hamsik still be dangerous and got Insigne back now aswell but think Lavezzi and Gargano going could hurt them alright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.