1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

R*ngers v Celtic ,18 September 2011.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ooo, Sep 1, 2011.

Discuss R*ngers v Celtic ,18 September 2011. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Agree 100%.

2. dazza297

Ki has been at it for a while we were happy with Ledley kayal central and commons on left but instead we just accommodate ki when he's Pish scores the odd goal big deal

3. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It is still early, yes. That's the best thing for us. We can learn from this and change in time. Less jittery performances are the key.

4. James Gold Member Gold Member

steven naismith is one torn faced rat * always looks as if he's shat himself

5. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    To me this is what killed us today. The midfield went missing as Lenny says but that's because we were using hun tactics by booting the ball upfield for 30 mins of the first half. Didn't do that in the second half cos we never reappeared from the dressing room.

It's not just Lennon that's at fault here - it's practically the whole team and I say practically because there were a couple of decent performances by Brown. The team he put out should still have played much better than they did but they were guff for 75- 80 mins of the match.

At least Lennon didn't come on saying that the performance was good but could tell he was shell shocked though. Hope he gave them a good roasting in the dressing room because it wasn't good enough.

It's still early on in the season and a long way to go but if changes don't happen now and players don't buck up then it's lost.

6. DixieDixie

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Manager, manager, manager, manager!

I praised him last week for the victory versus Utd, will accept defeats in Europe against teams like Athletico [although I don't think he covered himself in glory there either] but today, he gets slaughtered!:54:

The team selection, tactics wrong and motivational skills lacking. Didn't he try to offload Samaras and Loovens just three weeks or so ago?

However....even more worrying than that was the decision to take off El Kaddouri instead of Mulgrew. A decision which lacked basic common sense! A decision which any manager at any level of football would get criticized for.:38:

7. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I think we should stop the player bashing. Only Lenny to blame for this defeat. Poor selection/Tactics. When you look at the Rankers team, the reason they get results is because their team selection is consistant. If Lenny keeps chopping and changing then there is no consistancy, players gel into a team by playing with the same week in week out. Stokes and Hooper for example, they play well together. Lenny needs to pick his best starting 11 and keep to it other than because of injuries.
    We play Motherwell, then change to play Madrid then change again for Rankers. I can understand changing it for the Madrid game but Rankers? We should be playing to our strengths not worried about what that lot or any other team in SPL are going to do.

8. Pearse67*

i still think we should win the league this year, but lenny really got it wrong today and i hope he learns from this. in my eyes were starting to see cracks in this team, i dont know whats going on behind the scenes. commons was very good last season, this season theres alot of rumours flying around about him not seeing eye to eye with lenny and being overweight, kayal and hooper dont appear to be firing on all cylinders and lenny just hasnt addressed the defense. all the uncertainty around the huns but i actually think theyre stronger this season, ok bougherra went but he wasnt great in my eyes, goian and bocanegra were shrewd signings, lee wallace also, they have a commanding keeper, steve davis and naismith are half decent and jelavic and lafferty are linking well.
    to be honest i think scott brown is hindering us big time, hes gona start every game and in my eyes doesnt warrant that, he was ok today but blows hot and cold too often. id rather have a new right midfielder with pace and a little bit of quality. id have kayal and joe in the centre against the huns and a fit kris commons out left, i hope bangura has a little quality, 7 mins in the heat of old firm is too early to judge him, im sure a few ppl slated henrik after his debut against hibs.
    its early days and im sure well come back from this but id like lenny to be given money to strengten in defense, i would have taken curtis davies who went to leicester. just hope things get sorted out. im sad to say that big fraz is a dud in my eyes, never comes to collect and his kicking is terriable. keep the faith lads:shamrock:

9. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    Well that was not brilliant was it, Think we played poorly today from back to front especialy at the back and Forster did not look great today either, As much as it hurts me to say it we were the 2nd best team on the pitch today mainly due to us not being able to do the simple things right and giving the ball away to cheaply. On a positive note though we have a long season ahead of us and this is only the first old firm game of the season. Also I always thought going to Ibrox so close to playing in Madrid could work against us.

10. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Like i said earlier - if things continue as they are we will still struggle to win the league even if the Huns do get a 10 point penalty for administration.
    If Lenny believes Samaras is our best striker why does he not play him week-in week-out? He cannot be expected to be dropped for 3 games running then perform at the drop of a hat.
    Kaddouri is a bombscare (another one!) same with Loovens, Maj, K Wilson and Forster.
    I feel sorry for Mulgrew as he is one of our best players now, but he shouldn't have been diving into tackles while on a yellow.
    Hooper has still got it when it matters (in front of goal) - it's just getting him into thise situations that we can't seem to do anymore.

11. jay62

apart from shaky team selection , we didnt seem to play with much fire in our bellies , and thats disturbing , if you cant get fired up for playing that lot , theres something amiss

12. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Why? They are the ones that are out on the field and it's up to them at that time to pull in the performances required to win. Lennon is at fault for the team selection yeh but like I said earlier, that team should still have played a lot better than what we did. I blame the players as well.

When we win do we praise just the manager? No, we praise the players who performed as well as the manager for picking the right team and tactics, so here we blame the players for not putting in performances that they should have as well as the manager.

It's like Lennon taking blame for Mulgrew. Maybe he should have pulled him earlier BUT it's up to the player to keep his composure and not make any stupid tackles. Mulgrew knew he was on a booking but he went in to a tackle, never won the ball and got a second booking for it. That's Mulgrew's fault, not Lennon's. That's like saying it's Lennon's fault for Commons missing the penalty against St Johnstone a few weeks ago.

Still time to recover from this but it needs to be done quick and hopefully Ross County will be on the receiving end of a backlash in midweek.

13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Prepotence caused by the articles about R*ngers being in financial ruin is the main problem. No matter what the articles are saying, we must play with a serious attitude, and a mentally fit team. When the New Year derby came, we had 7-8 players missing, we weren't playing great...we were fearing a drubbing on Ibrox. But we won, contrary to most expectations. The Huns got too cocky. Today saw a reverse situation unfold. We have good players, but if they think everything will be easy and will not require full effort and concentration, they will get beat by a team of far lesser quality.

14. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    slow to start 1st half, just slow 2nd half... still, only 1st game, made them look good. :31:

15. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    happens all the time

16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I hope this is just a case of prepotence, and that we will get put on the ground, and start playing seriously, no matter the opposition. But proper mental preparation can prevent these debacles happen. We need a psychologist to get the team sorted before matches like these. Kill the prepotence, and debut jitters in some.

17. jay62

veering of course for a second lads , its 11:36 a.m is it too early to pop open a can , considering what ive just suffered through? :icon_mrgreen:

18. jay62

disregard previous post , ive made a command decision for ma self.

19. geoff3t

Fav Celtic Player:
    artur boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    :56:
    Brilliant

20. me.CelticBhoy88

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.