1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there more Celtic or Rangers fans in Glasgow?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celtic croatia, Jun 25, 2011.

Discuss Is there more Celtic or Rangers fans in Glasgow? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rude Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    NI thing is a myth mate.

I've lived in the SC all my life.

Huns are a rare breed. They're pretty much limited to loyalist ghettos.

2. Shane1888

Fair enough mate, you'd know a lot better than myself then :50:

3. kingdom kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama the noo.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jumping oot their windaes when we win.
    To be honest it`s not something i let bother me,facts are facts.I`ve been fortunate enough to have travelled a fair bit in Europe mainly,you`ll find Celtic friendly bars in every town and city you can think of,can any hun claim that to be true for their club.A big fat NO is the answer to that.World wide the huns are insignificant.

I`m a happy Timmy.:50:

4. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Sevco huns 'THE' have a support in scotland the 6 counties and areas in england, othere than that a very small support in the costa del sol and *-all else.

Celtic though have a massive fan base all over the Globe, i've been all over the USA and seen loads, hundreds of Celtic bars/CSCs etc, etc...

The same in Europe, i've been all through the Latin areas of Europe from The Canaries, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Balkans, Greek Islands and mainland, Turkey and Cyprus even down the The Emirates and seen loads of Celtic bars, CSCs etc...

And most resorts you visit all the shops have Celtic tops from small kids up to * size, but you never see hun merch:50:

5. Mr. Slippyfist

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Says it all really, doesn't it?

6. Jezzz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley & Let the People Sing
    From what I've experienced, Celtic fans are fairly out numbered in Glasgow, but as soon as you factor in other places we overtake them. After all, we consistently get far bigger attendances than them.

7. Rude Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    Even during the Mowbray years we had better numbers going to games than the Scum.

8. Shane1888

50,000 is regarded as a fantastic achievement for them, whereas it is viewed as quite a disappointing number for Celtic on most occasions, especially in Europe. Says it all really.

Let me throw out a few numbers here:

Rangers 1-4 Sevilla, 2009. CL group stages. 40,572. Over 10,000 missing fans for a Champions League night against one of the top teams in Spain, outside Barcelona and Real Madrid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8278926.stm

Rangers 1-4 Unirea, 2009. CL group stages again. 37,500, in a stadium that holds 51,000. Another 'big' European home game, with less than 40,000 in attendance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8314533.stm

Rangers 0-1 Malmo, 2011. CL qualifiers. 28,828. This was when they still had a decent chance of qualifying for the group stages. At the same stage this season, we attracted over 51,000 against Helsingborgs. We also got around 53,000 for the round before, against Helsinki.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14283932

This shows what their fans are really like. Don't let the recent 'sell out' (in actuality, there was another 2,000 empty seats) against East Stirling fool you. They will show up for that one game to show 'solidarity' and then disappear again in the next few weeks. See the most recent game against Falkirk, where just under 27,000 showed up.

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Id say its around 50/50 in Glasgow.

Theres 27 High Schools in Glasgow and 11 of them are Catholic and id guess theres double the number of Celtic fans at non Catholic schools as there are Rangers fans at Catholic schools just by the people I know who went to either school. So if its like 11 x 90% and 16 x 20% against 11 x 10% and 16x 80% (im just excluding people that support other teams as they are a tiny amount) it would be roughly the same amount so youd imagine it would be the same for younger and older people too.

If you look at our attendances too, we in a bad attendance year still get more fans than they do in a good. So if anything youd say we could be the slight majority.

10. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Spot on, this 'We don't Do Walking Away' * has brought they mutants out of hiding for a while, won't be long till they disappear again.

Only thing I would dispute is, there was well over 51,000 at that game on Wednesday... at least 56-57,000 imo.

I already know 2 ex-huns who now, one supports Chelsea and one doesn't take interest in football any more. The glory hunters will abandon them till they, if they do, end up the 2nd biggest team in Scotland again. The one's that haven't already that is.

11. Rude Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    Great post mate :50:

12. celtic_bhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjälby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I wouldn't say rangers had more fans in Scotland. Impossible to say, must be close to 50/50 all over the country

13. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Most huns dont do walking away cos they dont even turn up in the first place:50:

14. Shane1888

Yeah, I thought this too. BBC are developing quite a knack for * our attendances up. Who honestly believes, for example, that there was less than 50,000 there to see our flag day against Aberdeen a few weeks ago?

British Broadcasting Corporation, indeed :rolleyes:

15. Craic_was_had.

Cheers dude. I actually wouldn't mind popping in to check out the creighton, would be handy to have a local instead of having to go into town centre for a pint. I'm just a bit apprehensive about going into any pub on Duke Street with my accent! :celt_2:

16. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    They play for CFC just to reach the EPL. No love for CFC as deluded fans think
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Singing against English repression in English. Hahahaha, always a good laugh
    I confirm this.

17. monthehoops2011

More bitter huns in Glasgow definitely, especially here in the southside but like everyone else says we pump them for worldwide support!! Apart from marmaris in turkey funnily enough but maybe that's because it's a cheap place to go full of horrible * :56:

Walking about with hoops on it really depends where you go. I'd tend to avoid it if im on my own unless goin to a game just incase!!

18. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Thursday's papers had the attendance as just over 60,000. 51,000...:56: There wasn't an empty seat to be seen.

19. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

The Huns,no doubt about it.

Remember,3 million travelled to Manchester from Glasgow.

20. Shane1888

You're lying. Sure, there was that amount inside Ibrox the other week for the game against East Stirlingshire.