1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Omer Damar (Maccabi Petakh Tikva)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Kez, Jun 16, 2011.

Discuss Omer Damar (Maccabi Petakh Tikva) in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamboozle

the Chairman of Maccabi Petach Tikva seems to be the Barry Fry of Israel, talking sh1te to anyone in the media who'll listen, this deal looks to have gone south according to the daily record this morning...my guess is maybe Celtic were looking for an excuse to walk away from the deal as other options may have matieralised ie Bothroyd or the striker from SA.

2. Heisenberg

looks like we ain't getting him

3. dylan

I don't think we'd need an excuse to walk away from any deal, but I'd agree that it looks like the deal is perhaps dead, and maybe because of developments with Bothroyd. Perhaps he was simply a back-up plan in case Bothroyd (or Long, which is obviously dead and buried) didn't come off.

But if there were anything dodgy going on with negotiations in any respect, I would assume Lawwell would immediately drop any interest. We don't need screwed about by anyone trying to auction off their players.

Of course, daily newspapers aren't exactly the knights of truth and honesty....untruths sell more papers than truths...............

:38:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2011
  4. Bamboozle

agree with you, my sneaking suspicion is this deal is cool as there are developments on Bothroyd.

5. pLUSpISTOL

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    :56:

6. marco1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean south
    and what developments would they be ?

7. Sean South 1888

According to SKY the deal is 90% done.

8. GreenLeanMean

Celtic have agreed a fee to sign Israel striker Omer Damari from Maccabi Petah Tikva.

The Israeli side's president claims they have accepted a £2million offer, with a sell-on clause of 30 per cent also part of the deal.

Damari is now in talks over personal terms, with Celtic thought to have offered the 22-year-old a three-year deal.

"We have agreed everything with Celtic," Petah Tikva's president Amos Luzon told STV.

"But the player is still to agree personal terms with the club. Next week, I believe the deal can be completed."

Damari has played over 100 games for his club and has so far won two caps for his country.

Both Tel Aviv clubs, Maccabi and Hapoel, were interested in signing him but Celtic were in pole position, with Luzon not wanting to sell to a rival Israeli club.

Kayal praise

Celtic boss Neil Lennon had confirmed he was considering a move for Damari with Hoops midfielder Beram Kayal having recommended him to the club while also selling them to his international team-mate.

"This is one of Israeli soccer's biggest transfers," Luzon added.

"For the club this deal is unprecedented. I'm happy for Omer and for Israeli soccer.

"The deal is 90 per cent done. We have just a few last things to close.

"We've already moved the draft contract and the signature is only a procedural matter.

"I am very proud that our player goes from Maccabi Petah Tikva to Europe."

skysports

9. leopard

Furious Celtic set to pull out of deal for striker Omer Damari after Israeli club claim £2m transfer is in the bag

FURIOUS Celtic are ready to walk away from a deal to sign Omer Damari - 24 hours after the player's club wrongly announced his £2million transfer had been sealed.
    Record Sport can reveal that on Wednesday Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell did hold talks with Israeli outfit Maccabi Petah Tikva about a possible move for the striker - while finalising the capture of highly-rated Kenyan defender Victor Wanyama.
    But Lawwell was stunned yesterday when the Israeli club's colourful president Amos Luzon conducted a series of interviews to boast that a deal for Damari was also in the bag.

He even insisted Maccabi would be in line to bank a further huge payout from a 30 per cent sell on clause to be activated when Damari leaves Parkhead for a "minimum of £10million".
    This astonished Celtic who insist no bid has yet been tabled for the 22-year-old.
    There is even a suspicion within Parkhead the Israelis may be using Celtic's interest as a bargaining tool to squeeze more cash out of local rivals Maccabi Haifa who have also been monitoring Damari's situation.
    Lawwell is now reluctant to enter the bidding at all.
    A Celtic insider said: "What is going on is outrageous. Yes, Peter held discussions with them on Wednesday because there is an interest in the player.
    "We discovered what the club would want and also the terms the player would be looking for if a deal went through. We were also warned Maccabi Haifa had made an offer and that, if Celtic did not meet all of the demands, the player would be going there.
    "Peter bit his tongue and told them politely he would be back, one way or another, in the next couple of days. That's the way it was left.
    "So you can understand our surprise at what has been claimed by the Israelis. You could say it's unlikely they'll be hearing from us again. Not at that price anyway."
    And yet the brazen Luzon was busy for most of yesterday discussing the finer details of the bogus deal with both Israeli and Scottish journalists.
    Luzon insisted a deal had been thrashed out which would see Celtic buy 70 per cent of Damari for a £2m fee. Maccabi's 30 per cent stake in the player would then kick in when he made his next big money move.
    He said: "He is a big talent, one of the biggest talents in Europe. He's one of the best strikers in Europe and I promise you, and Celtic, he will turn about a lot of money in one or two years.
    "When Celtic will sell him, I will get a lot of money because I am sure that they will sell him for a minimum of £10million."
    One deal that did go through was the £1million capture of Wanyama yesterday - a player who arrives on the back of some rave reviews.
    His move from Belgian outfit Beerschot is still subject to a work permit being granted and also a medical but Celtic are thrilled to have the 20-year-old's signature all but in the bag.
    Speaking in Australia last night, boss Neil Lennon said: "We've done a bit of work there and have had contact with his club. He's very powerful, quick and good on the ball.
    "He will not cost a lot of money and there is a feeling we can develop him into a really good player. People talk about him as a midfielder but we see him more as a central defender."
    Lennon confirmed talks are also ongoing with Cardiff City frontman Jay Bothroyd's agent and they are also keeping tabs on Zimbabwean hitman Knowledge Mosuna, who plays in South Africa.
    However, Lenny confirmed the Hoops have been priced out of a move for Reading's Irish striker Shane Long. He said: "You are talking £7m and that is out of our remit."

10. DutchCelticFan

Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    What is happening?

11. Kiyal

Wow what a joke of a man Amos Luzon is.. if this is really the truth I feel so ashamed lol.

The price did look too good to be true for Petah-Tikva though and was over-paying for Damari, so I had my doubts at first - but I didn't think he'll actually tell half a story like that if theres no real agreement with Celtic.

What a clown that man is if this turns out to be true.

12. A Flighted Duck

I'd listen to sky before anyone else

13. dylan

Perhaps under new UK laws Damar doesn't qualify for the free bus pass we've now offered Bothroyd ? :86: Uncle Peter is keeping shtum.

Though I don't see why we can't bring both in and ship Murphy and Rasmussen out to some unsuspecting toe-rags. That would be an impressive 4 to choose from..............oh yeh, and then there's Georgio the mad monk.

:87:

14. dylan

Agreed. He's certainly come over a tad enthusiastic. Maybe the transfer window is having the same effect with him it's having on your average fan, lol?

15. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    think we'll get him for less than £2m now. i can understand those on our side working on the transfer will be angry at the outburst from Damari's club chairman, i don't think we'll walk away from the table though. if anything it'll be beneficial for us to use the chairman's outburst as leverage due to his own stupidity.

16. EyalW

Fav Celtic Player:
    Biram Kayal
    As an Israeli I can tell you that Amos Luzon is an idiot just like his brother, President of the Israeli Football Association :38:

17. Bamboozle

and that is one thing Peter Lawell could never be accused of! now Celtic can do 2 things, either play hardball, let the interest cool and see if Luzon comes begging for us to buy the player at a reduced deal or move onto other targets.

18. Rosleabhoy

Celtic will have plenty irons in the fire....I think Bothroyd may be the preferred option

19. EyalW

Fav Celtic Player:
    Biram Kayal
    The israeli media report that Damari will not join to celtic because work permit issues :97:

20. evilp3te

Would they request a work permit without firstly agreeing terms with the player and club?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.