1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Omer Damar (Maccabi Petakh Tikva)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Kez, Jun 16, 2011.

Discuss Omer Damar (Maccabi Petakh Tikva) in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    cut out the caps please.

2. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    get back on topic please people.

3. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Izzy's only defensive weakness is his positional sense, which is obviously something he will be made to work on, but in a one-on-one with a winger, he is superb and does a good job of putting the taller player off in aerial battle, if Huttons a 8m RB, Izzy is a 8m LB

EDIT: its just occured to me that this is the Damari thread, why we talking about Izzy?

4. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Any new news on him !! These threads are useless these days!

5. OverandOver

The idea that we would be 'priced out' of a move for Damari at 3 million Euros is, of course, ridiculous. Surely there is a clear distinction between being priced out and deciding that a player is not worth his club's valuation.Whether that is the case or not, we will soon find out.

6. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    what i have heard is that his current club have put the price up to 3m euros! so i have a feeling celtic will do what they did with huselkslepp?

7. EyalW

Fav Celtic Player:
    Biram Kayal
  8. celtic_bhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjälby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  9. Quiet Assassin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Paul McStay, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This is just Petakh Tikva playing hardball, nothing more. In many ways we're a victim of Kayal's success in that the Israelis have noticed how much Kayal is now worth so they're upping the valuation of the player.

Won't surprise me if Lawwell proposes staged payments with a % of any sell on fee. This will come down to how much Petakh Tikva can hold out for the cash.

10. MonitorBhoy

If Neil Lennon wants him bad enough, then I'm positive Lawwell can strike a deal.

11. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

We have put a bid in apparently.

Celtic Bid £1.7m for Damari

Celtic have bid £1.7 million for Maccabi Petah Tikva striker Omer Damari.

The Israeli international is valued by his club at 3 million euro and is the subject of interest from another Israeli club, Maccabi Haifa as a replacement for Mallorca-bound Tomer Hemed, who was also the subject of interest from Rangers.

Damari scored 12 goals in 30 games for his club last season and the 22-year-old was recommended to the club by his international team-mate, Celtic’s Beram Kayal.

“Omer and I talked in January and also less than two months ago,” Kayal told the Sunday Express. “He asked me about the offer and I gave him a strong recommendation. Celtic then asked me what I know about him. I told them that Omer is one of the top strikers in Israel and has everything needed to succeed.

“With his speed and understanding of the game, he can reach high levels.”

However, Celtic will have to find the extra £800,000 to land Damari.

Maccabi chairman Amos Luzon said: “He’s worth three million euros and that won’t be lowered.”

http://www.footballgossip.org.uk/in...tic-transfer-news-and-rumours-sunday-19-june/

12. JohnBhoyCfc1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper + Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Cant Get Enough + Hail Hail
    So Celtic are putting in a bid UNDER the transfer fee that they valued? For * sake, how many times Celtic :97:

13. pokerbhoy74

This is what happens with every transfer with every club, very rarely will a club offer what a selling club wants for a player, they come in below what someone is asking and then there is negotiation between the 2 parties and they usually come to a price somewhere in between that suits both parties.

14. JohnBhoyCfc1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper + Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Cant Get Enough + Hail Hail
    Fair enough, but he said NO LESS than 3m euros, I don't know how much that is in pounds but you get what I mean. He will just make himself look stupid if he sold him for less :56:

15. AndyTheBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    £2,647,999 according to google

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Sounds like this is coming along nicely.

Omer Damari's agent to conduct negotiations off to Glasgow
    By: Itzik Itzhaki, Walla! Sport
    Monday, June 20, 2011, 16:00

Faisbokslh Lhbertwitr
    Dudu Dahan meet with Celtic, whose representatives may come to Israel: "hope that negotiations would not be hard." Price - £ 2.5 million "

Wants to go to Glasgow. Damari (Photo: Megged Gozan)
    The first news about the candidacy of Omar Damari Celtic

Omer Damari's agent, David Dahan, will take off soon to Glasgow to negotiate with Celtic interested forefront. Maccabi Petah Tikva requires about three million euros for the player, who is wanted also Maccabi Haifa and Hapoel Tel Aviv. As published on Thursday, Celtic now prepared to pay two million euros and an oral proposal passed by the agent. According to officials involved in the deal, soon may agreement reach representatives of Celtic to Israel to continue negotiating.

Latest reports from Israel think that we'll reach agreement with his club soon and that his agent will be in Glasgow soon. I take it soon will be meaning a day or three.

17. gunt

I agree with that. I dont think he has been tested at all defensively in the SPL. I think if I was an EPL manager looking at him I would want to see Izz on a run in Europe before shelling out big money. There is no doubting he has great ball skills, a good engine etc but I have no idea if he can defend against a good winger with pace.

18. Heb Celt

[/QUOTE]Latest reports from Israel think that we'll reach agreement with his club soon and that his agent will be in Glasgow soon. I take it soon will be meaning a day or three.[/QUOTE]

Good stuff,hopefully he'll sign,then Wanyama.Just a CB and Keeper and we're in business:50:

19. Damnati

I'm sure I remember him dealing pretty well with Jesus Navas at the world cup. I rate Navas pretty highly.

20. evilp3te

I remember this game - He dealt with Navas with ease right up until the last 10 mens or so when he tripped him in the box and gave away a penalty :54: But the rest of the game he had him in his back pocket :56:

Meant to say - Its looking good for Damari, looks like he had great potential and will fit into Lennons Ethos

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.