1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Omer Damar (Maccabi Petakh Tikva)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Kez, Jun 16, 2011.

Discuss Omer Damar (Maccabi Petakh Tikva) in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DutchCelticFan

Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    He is very very quick. Think he is ok. Not special. Was far more excited about Refaelov

2. MHFC4EVER

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    I'm just surprised that's all...

3. ORIGINALS

i dont think he would cost that much and he seems to be decent.

4. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    long term it could be good for your national team......can see how you would be unhappy but,losing good players for not a lot on money

5. hairytoes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ceasar, Maestro, Lubo, Henrik, Naka, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I agree that we missed out on Schecter, especially since we did really seem to be seriously interested in him.

Getting Murphy in so quickly was one of Lenny's biggest mistakes.

I'd really like to see us get this guy & not have it go the same way as with Schecter.

Is he an Israeli Arab?

I think that has helped Kayal be so competetive & mentally strong, because he looks to come from quite a difficult background & has still managed to excell.

EDIT: Hope that doesn't sound racist, it's not meant to be, but is a massive generalisation though...:52:

6. Layser

nope He is jew:icon_mrgreen:

but to be seious I dont care, as far as I can see it israeli players are very good and quiet cheep so I am totally support this new direction.

7. Mevin Gold Member Gold Member

Israel= holy land

8. TheZacDaddy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    If the Israeli bhoys are saying good things about the lad and Lenny likes him, get him signed!!!

Sounds like he can do a job and leave more transfer funds for GK, CB, etc.

9. alsybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc, larrson,lubo,jinky,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing,ynwa,sean south,on the one road
    Never hears of him tbh. But good info from qa though

10. EyalW

Fav Celtic Player:
    Biram Kayal
    No, he is An Israeli Jewish.

11. Bhoy Brian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    havent heard of him but i trust the manager and his staff and if they are going for him and havent looked at tomer says a lot maybe

12. MHFC4EVER

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    He is the previous IDF general commander nephew :56:

13. 88SuperHooper88

[​IMG]

tomorrows paper :icon_mrgreen:

14. ooo

is it Damar or Damari

15. Ishida2725

Who cares as long as he puts the baw in the net, we'll be chantin his name soon enough in time to learn it! Hope he is good like!

16. MHFC4EVER

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    *, are you that serious about buying him?!
    Actually he's happening to be the main signing Maccabi Haifa is trying to bring right now...
    From what I know his price tag stands on 3 Milion €, which all big Israeli teams see as a very high price tag for a player of his class, talnted as he might be...
    The truth behind this exaggerated price is Maccabi Petach Tiqwa Boss, who probably smokes some unknown kind of drugs.

Damari

17. OverandOver

Do you not rate him very highly then?

18. Kiyal

The reason our(Israeli)teams see the price as too high is, in our market 3 milion euros will probably be the all-time highest fee an Israeli side has ever paid for an Israel player(or in general a player, might be too - has to be right up there anyways).

And Damari although skilled, is still under the 'potential' category if not for the fact that he did not play for a big club and did not show he's able to score 20+ goals a season and lead the line for one(the reason they're interested though is cause they, like most of us fans think he's on the verge of having that type of breakout season and establishing himself as such a player).

But for Celtic, that amount even though still high for a potential - is not over the limit at all, and not something that would scare you off if you truely believe in the player - unlike the Israeli elite sides that for them it can be a devestating blow.

Also the fact that he gets recognition in the UK playing for you, being showcased to EPL sides is major aswell.. cause even if Maccabi Haifa buys him - as good as he'll play he will not go for anything above 4 milion euros and i'm really stretching it.. in reality he will barely cover the purchese price.. again not cause he's not good - but cause the SPL and Celtic gets much much higher recognition and has a better reputation around the world then with Maccabi Haifa in the Israeli league.

Playing exactly the same level of football for you on the other hand could make EPL sides spalsh out the cash and suddenly make 8 milion pounds offer or w/e that they'll never spend if he was a Maccabi Haifa player even if he's playing Champions League football.. exactly the same story with Kayal btw.

I mean look at Yakubu the former Everton player.. he was banging goals in Haifa left right and center, abusing Haifa's Champions League competition including a 3-0 win over Man United, was still in his early 20's with probably the most potential a player in the Israeli league ever had - and he was still sold for a mere 4 milion pounds.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
  19. walkon

Alright mate! really interesting read. In your opinion who is the best striker currently playing in the league or even the top 3 strikers say?

20. Kiyal

In Israel?

In terms of ability disregarding the age and potential i'd say

1.Shechter
    2.Eliran Atar(imo the most skilled player we got in our league)
    3.a tie between Tomer Hemed(Rangers guy), Toto Tamuz, and Damari.. could maybe squeeze a few more in that tie tho.

Atar's problem is he's selfish and does not play as a real striker although he can be one, drifts wider and that he falls inlove with his dribble doing tricks instead of being productive, and also has some attitude problems on the pitch.

But as far as ability and raw talent he's 2nd to none.. the things he can do and the combination of speed, dribble flair and finishing just belongs to the 2nd tier of English/Spanish/Italian leagues, who knows, with luck and progress even 1st.. but his ship has sailed as far as fulfilling his potential to the fullest... he's still a few levels above our league tho.

He's the one who did this

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlUkriEojAk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.