1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Meeting celtic players in public?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Champions 67, Jun 6, 2011.

Discuss Meeting celtic players in public? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

Lines?

2. leopard

Really wanted to meet Paul Elliot when I was 9ish, just because of THAT goal

3. Ricardinho

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    No. Well not that I'm aware of.

One of my mates who's a Stirling Albion fan asked him 'What do you think of the Binos this season?' :56:

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Do you recall what he said? :56:

5. Ricardinho

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He didn't say anything. Could tell he was thing * though.

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :56: That's priceless.

7. Jezzz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley & Let the People Sing
    Seems different people have very different experiences with the same players. Goes to show that it probably just depends on when you catch someone and what mood they're in. Understandable I suppose.

8. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Met Stokesy both up Port Glasgow and in Portugal a couple of weeks later. Didn't bother him the first time but mentioned to him on holiday when I asked him for a photo that I'd been there, got a photo no bother. Ended up next to him at the bar about an hour odd later and he was chatting away for about 4/5 minutes about the night up the Port. Top class guy from what I saw :50:

9. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Met Izzy few weeks back in Glasgow. Nice guy, seems very shy. Still don't think he talks great English. I said "hola" lol, probably thought I was a * but had the courtesy to smile anyway!

I met a good few players when I was younger but can hardly remember. My granny and granpa had a wedding anniversary in one of the rooms in CP and that day I must have walked past half the team, we had vip tours and all sorts but I can't remeber * :31:

My mate's a lucky *, he was out with Balotelli when he came up for the last ever Old Firm game, Big Vic and a few other players were there too.

10. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Never been lucky enough to bump into any of the players, the only one I've saw in public is Billy Stark going into a hairdressers in Hardgate. One of my cousins got lucky meeting Larsson and got him to sign a pound note years ago.

11. JC147

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Lubo, Lambert,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing,
    Have to say John Hartson was always the best when ever i met him, always always tried to find time to stop and talk.

Found Larsson was very patient too especially considering the ridiculous amount of folk who would always be chasing him.

12. Dianbobo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobo Balde
    Lenny was a miserable * when he was at forest, can't blame him though :56: was sound when I got a picture when he was playing for us

13. Shaolin Monk

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We are Celtic Supporters
    I've never had a problem with any ex players. Paul Mcstay was a close one, he was in a rush and said no to an autograph at first but then turned round and signed about 5 things for me, LEGEND. Was sat next to Mark McNally on a flight from Glasgow to Orlando in 1994, was brilliant with me,(i was 7) told him all about how he scored a goal at my first ever Celtic game at Hampden,must have been 91/92 season. I miss his floppy Blonde hair:celt_2:

14. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Aye he was fine down here as well when he came for his book signing. Was only about 14/15 at the time but went down and got it signed and a picture and he was brand new :icon_mrgreen:

15. gohomeyahuns

Met Larsson in cruise not long after he broke his leg. Wee Jinky was sound too! Di Canio was a bit of a * tbh.

The best was Tommy Burns. He always had time for you!:50:

16. smadabhoy

The worst i have ever seen was Ramon Vega i asked for a picture and he jumped into someones car... hated him after that lol! Paul Lambert used to always drive away fast aswelll and not sign anyones top or anything.

Stan petrov and larsson were great always had time for the supporters.

17. Celtic for life

Fav Celtic Player:
    Victor Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    Some players are great some not so great.... When i waited after a game with my family, Joe ledley stayed for well over an hour doing photos and autographs. It was after the Hamilton Game In 2010. Crosas, Maj, Hooper all the same. Juarez was mobbed as well and he was happy to do pictures. Remember meeting sammy too. The only one who i felt acted like an * was Stokes. He came out jumped into his car a few bhoys said could we get a photo? he said no no no no pictures today ill do 1 autograph he signed that and then he jamp in his car and left.

18. Adam426

I've gotten a few pics outside matchday at CP. The best was Bertie Auld but I got Matthews, Bangura, Hooper, Stokes and Mjallby as well.

I saw Mo Bangura when I was doing my theory test a few weeks ago. He was coming out just as I was going in and he saw me looking at him and came and sat next to me. I wasn't 100% sure it was him but then the guy called out his name and he left. I was so nervous before my test though but that completely took my mind off it and I passed. I give Mo 100% credit for it (maybe 95%). That's pretty much the only time I've met a Celtic player away from matchday. He seems like a 100% sound guy though cos he took loads of pictures the day I got one which was not long after he signed.

I used to live in the same block of flats as Aiden McGeady as well. I never met him though :54:. He was my absolute hero at the time so Ive always regretted that. Danny Invincible lived there too and my step-mum (who was also Australian) always spoke to him. I spoke to him a couple of times but at 9 or 10 I wasn't really impressed with him tbh.

19. DiVHoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ledley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    Used to go down to CP for autographs alot when when I was younger. Andreas Thom was a right *, everytime he would get out his car and run into the stadium. Tosh McKinlay was the soundest guy ever, always signing autographs and having a laugh with the fans.

Was pretty devastated when I went to get an autograph from Henke, he signed 3 or 4 then said "no more autographs" and went inside :54:

Simon Donnelly was always a wee *, face constantly tripping him when asked for an autograph or picture.

20. ConnollyBhoy

I met loads over the Martin O'Neill era was quite young at the time about 11/12.

Larrson was brilliant, he stayed around for about 30 mins doing autographs and pics. Petrov and Agathe were absolute gents as well. As already said on here John Hartson was brilliant chatted to my uncle for about 5-6 minutes about football.

But the best was Bobo Balde, my little brother ran onto the car park as Bobo was pulling up, and then just froze when he noticed who it was in the car, the Big man pretended he had lost control of the car and screamed out of the window waving his hands in the air. Then just parked up and signed loads of autographs and picked my brother onto his shoulders for a photo. My wee bro was only 6 still idolises the big man to this day!!