1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ref Vs Celtic

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mevin, Apr 20, 2011.

Discuss Ref Vs Celtic in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    We know who a lot support though llike McLean, Thomson, McCurry, Dallas, McGinlay, Davidson, Tait, Syme....

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Ref's are just really poor!

They should be full time and an Academy built just for them. If they were paid a decent full time salary and had a chance to train and work on their knowledge of the game as professionals it would make all the difference. You see it week in week out and not just in our game, if they understood the game better they would make better decisions.

Full time job too much at stake to rest with amateurs.!

3. Seosamh Máirtín

Don't really believe in a conspiracy, as well. Poor officiating today, obviously, but doesn't mean there's an agenda against us.

4. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

only 2 of those are referees now though, and Thomson is a decent ref

5. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Not many Celtic fans make it as Refs. Your lucky if theres ever 2 Celtic supporting Refs in the SPL at once where as theres always atleast 2 huns.

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    2 could be more I just know those two are.

7. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Would have to be King of Kings, Henrik Larsson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    Never a more true sponsor for the referees of Scotland than Specsavers.

The ref and the linesmen were totally * rotten today.

For the Maj sending off, the ref looked over at the linesman who never raised his flag but yet STILL had the gall to call the foul. If he wasn't sure then why did he look towards the linesman but yet he was STILL sure enough to send off Maj?

*' *!

The thing that * me off is that the ref will get praised by the SFA and say he done well in a very fast-moving difficult game. The same pish. If ANY of us performed as bad as that in our jobs we'd get hauled up about it yet these * just continue to get praised.

8. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

but then does anyone know who the likes of Muir, Madden or Norris support? i certainly dont, could be tims for all we know, of course they could also be huns too, but we just dont know

9. mityboosh

Fav Celtic Player:
    HENRIK,CHRISSY,LUBO and the MBB
    Fav Celtic Song:
    GRACE

:50: couldnt agree more....F.T.S.F.A:shamrock:

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Because hes a hun, lets be honest if me or you were Refereeing a hun game and the same happened against the huns. We'd send the hun off too, it was a chance to send him off, you know its not but still you could do it and get away with it and he did.

He just shouldnt be Refereeing our games(or the huns).

11. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    I don't know who's a hun and who isn't but for me it was just incompetent refereeing.

The ref wasn't obviously sure about it and that's why he looked at the linesman - for confirmation if he saw anything. The linesman never flagged so why did the * suddenly react as if he WAS sure about the tackle?

I don't buy into the whole hun ref's thing - just the whole incompetent ref thing which this one CLEARLY was.

12. mityboosh

Fav Celtic Player:
    HENRIK,CHRISSY,LUBO and the MBB
    Fav Celtic Song:
    GRACE
    They may try,,they will fail as we are Glasgow Celtic:shamrock:

13. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    If he was incompetent he wouldnt have given anything as he wouldnt have seen it, looked to his linesman who gave nothing and assumed all was fine. No one goes "im not sure here eh sending off".

But his reactions were clearly that of a fan, give nothing, look at linesman have a think in a split second that "this is a chance to send him off and they might slip up" bang red card. 20 minutes later Inverness doing heehaw, Inverness guy fouls Sammy "hes on a booking, ill send him off to redeem my performance as theyre not going to drop points anyway".

Thats how I seen it anyway, all day he looked like he was wanting to give them everything.

I even posted on this at half time about him being weird and giving them everything before the sending off of Dan as it was absolutley blatant hunnishness.

14. davyboy70

One things for sure, its going to take an awful lot of the refs "honest mistakes" to stop us this season

15. Joemcl

Fav Celtic Player:
    Adam Matthews
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    After a day of odd decisions or should i say decisions that never went our way,we still came out on top..3pts thank you very much.
    So my answer is No...Refs can influence games with bad/wrong decisions but if we just keep doin' what we've been doin' recently...it won't matter a jot!

4pts clear.....read it & weep lurkers :RedFinger

16. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

part in bold is alot of * tbh.....the ref clearly gave the guy a final warning, he made another foul after that...but it was an aerial challenge....couldnt really send him off.....next meaningful foul he conceded, he got sent off, because he was on a final warning, not cause he thought he needed to redeem himself cause we wereny gonna drop points

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Nonsence, if he never booked him no one would have batted an eyelid.

Why didnt he send off Foran for pulling Brown to the ground? that was a clear booking, 99/100 refs would have got the book out, especially as it was more of a headlock than just a pull.

18. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

its not nonsense, its just what happened, he was on a final warning, that was clear, he gave him the final warning at the foran incident, ifhe hadnt been shown the Red, then that woulda been more hunnish

and regarding the Foran incident....i thought at the time...."surely a lineman or 4th official saw that" because im not completely certain but i think i remmeber the ref didnt see that incident, foran shoulda walked, yes, but i dont think the ref was helped

19. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    So does that mean that if this referee makes the same howlers in a match, (say St Mirren v Hibs) and the decisions go all to Hibs then he's suddenly a Hibs fan?

Their sending off was a sending off offence. It was a second bookable tackle and that one he actually got right. I don't think he was just "looking to even things up" because like I say it was a second bookable offence. The guy was running a fine line anyway and got just desserts.

The ref looked at the linesman for confirmation to see if there was an offence - never got it but STILL sent the player off. If he was sure it was a sending off then he wouldn't have looked for confirmation and would have just went straight over and sent Maj off.

20. CelticBhoyDavid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm not picky.
    This was the factor mate. We saw the ref give that guy a warning by counting the amount of times he fouled and the ref said "no more". The guy didn't pay attention to it and committed a second bookable offence and got rightfully sent off.

That for me was about the only decisions he got right the whole game.