1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt

What was your point about Irish supporters supporting Liverpool and Manure that would not apply to Ayrshire? By pointing out one in Scotland would tend to show anti Irish bias unless you can validate the problem with the comparison.

2. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    Some called me a bigot during that protest:56:

3. Millerntor

Without doubt especially with regards to online bloggers - Phil whateverhisname his, that sidekick burd of his, this Muirhead character - funnily enough all of whom rarely go to games. Self indulgent cretins who unfortunately are treated seriously by a minority of our support.

As for the same type of people on here - don't feed them, they will go away.

4. marks67

:56:

Highlighting mass murder, colonisation and imperialism ; bigot. :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

5. limerickcelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    all of em
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Reading through all these posts i despair at the attitude of some of our so called supporters. Maybe its just the modern way of 'i'm alright jack, * you'. But i have never personally known a fellow Celtic fan who would turn his back on another Tim. Never personally known a fellow Celtic fan who blindly followed the lead of the board of this club if he thought they were victimising fellow fans or not doing the right things for the club, on and off the park. Thank * there are fans who do care about their fellow fans and the club or we would have died years ago. You can buy a season ticket, you can attend every game, you can support the board no matter what they do, you can sit silently and watch the poor football, because they tell you thats the best team you can expect to get, and you can be happy with that. And if the board had their way there would be 60,000 clones just like you. But you know what? You are NOT a Celtic fan. At least not in my eyes. But if, * forbid, the time comes when you get wrongfully ejected from the ground, or arrested, or jailed, or banned for singing or farting or looking at the directors in a funny way then i will stand by you. Because thats what we Celtic fans do.

6. Millerntor

Works the other way as well - messageboards awash with anger over John Reids appointment - two protests before Celtic home games and lucky if 100 people turned up at both.

7. bgmick Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Stones and glass houses spring to mind :50:

8. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    This is the thing I don't get where does the £££ come in ? Have we already agreed a deal to join the EPL or some other league ? If not then ripping the heart out our club makes little business sense as once you have got rid of the traditonal supporter and are relying on the new Celtic fans then that is not sustainable on any business model.

9. marks67

Take it you endorse criminals representing Celtic aye? :rolleyes:

10. Millerntor

Go and read what I said again FFS!

11. marks67

:50::50::shamrock:

12. marks67

:56::icon_mrgreen:

13. Sween

Not voicing an opinion in a pub near simpletons who would bash your head in for holding such an opinion isnt being spineless. It is just common sense surely.

14. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

I disagree.

They would not come out with it in public because they know they are being cuntish.

15. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Playing Devil's advocate Sween. It depends how you put things across ( and I am obviously not talking about you here). However I think if you are going to come across as aggressive and opinionated over the internet and wouldn't do this in a pub then yes you are spineless.

No need to call people that disagree with peoples opinions simpletons either btw.

16. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    agree with what you say but not the term used. Far more likely to be assaulted by people full of drink or a group of neds.. pubs are not the best place to discuss many topics.

we, as supporters/fans should not insult each other on forums etc just because we hold different opinions. Until the fans act with unity we will ALL fail to see the club go in the direction that the fans want ie standing areas, alcohol at games for those who choose it, cheaper pricing, -- there are so many things that we should be uniting behind but if we are not careful the fans will end up divided into little groups ..... look across the city to see the danger of a support divided.

far better to persuade others to your stance than to drive them away from the forum/club/ debate. no need for insults and name calling..
    (ya bunch of w****** :smiley-laughing002: )

17. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    So much contradiction in one sentence.

This attitude of 'I'm a bigger Tim than you, regardless of the fact you go to every game, because I don't support the board' is laughable.

18. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    :50:

19. Tifosi Celtic

Around this very week last year within the confines of Celtic Park it was let slip to myself that the club backed The Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012. At first it came as a shock and I waited on the punchline, then further details were given of how QC Paul McBride had advised Peter Lawwell and 'The Club' that they should back the Act. Today @MinogueTom has in one tweet exposed all that myself and certain others have known all along - http://t.co/n72XLcJQSv the truth always comes out, especially now as there is no hiding place from 'The Freedom Of Information'.

We were told not so long ago that the club 'backed' the fans in our campaign to see this Act smashed, this was a one-liner via another rushed and prompted 'Club Statement', they lied. Stories of internal meetings in which Celtic PLC staff gathered personal details of Celtic season ticket holders from Section 111 with a view to "getting rid of them" were denied as "untrue and false", they lied.

The myth and set up that was the 'Battle Of Dens Park' was a joint operation between Celtic, Police and Dundee FC. I sat during an 'evidence gathering' video production compiled by David Brannan and shown to myself and one other in the presence of Hawthorn and Lawwell on a projection screen in The Boardroom, at an estimate 90% of this video was focused footage of Section 111 and Green Brigade members, as the video finished we moved through to the 'meeting room' where tea was poured and Lawwell made a call to The Ticket Office Manager and asked for the "seating details of all season book holders from section 111 who have a ticket for Dens Park" , Dundee was the next away game (26/12/12) and it was clear he was planning something. Where the information went once he received it doesn't take a genius to work out, luckily probably around the same time it was also relayed to a Green Brigade member. There was no riot at Dens Park, there were no Celtic Supporters "urinating where they stood", there were no "scenes that harked back to the 70's" , Lawwell lied, again they lied. This is just one example of many instances and situations witnessed by myself of Celtic PLC's agenda against a section of our own support, The Green Brigade were kept a step ahead, that was only right, they were called liars, they never lied.

You have to wonder why our CEO was so * bent on criminalising a section of our support, was it figures? Was it to justify 'The Act' at our end, was it a personal agenda against The Green Brigades' politics, displays, Ultra motives or the fact he couldn't control them? After all he described them to me as "neds and cancerous", make your own mind up, but there is one thing for sure, he lied.

So the PLC back the fans in our campaign against this legislation, really? As our supporters were 'kettled' in The Gallowgate, lifted from their homes in dawn raids, criminalised for songs that are not criminal, harassed, filmed, over searched, vilified in the media and somehow seen as a part scapegoat to a sectarian issues, just remember they backed it and they lied.

The PLC Board of Celtic Football Club need to remember one thing, we can replace you, you cannot replace us.

20. marks67

It's evident from the prawn sandwich PLC delusional apologists are derisory and incoherent. The recent cessation off 111, the supporters refused into Celtic Park with Green Brigade commodity and harassment of singing is a subversion of power to enact censorship of the political foundations of our club. This is the starting process of engaging the campaign of re-writing the clubs history, yet continuously the PLC apologists supporters allege on the Green Brigade, sadly this is the truth of result that the psychological sedation from the PLC statements and Scottish Main Stream Media is in full effect.

Its very sad having to witness a club assort to this behaviour for profits, but the sad truth is apologists are too naive and ignorant to see that there is nothing innocent about harassment and passed fascist legislation.