1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnKRWObQpWk#t=76"]Milan - Celtic 2-0 18/9/13 Celtic fans away at San Siro stadium (Milan, Italy) - YouTube[/ame]

2. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Flares lol uh oh.

3. The Joker

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    What utter bullshit.

The folk from Virtus Verona are friends of the Green Brigade and have been over in their section a few times before. To say they didn't come with the best of intentions couldn't be further from the truth. Their banner was against a train route or something, hardly anything overly offensive. The truth is a few Celtic fans went over to see what the fuss was, not 'to fight with stewards and police,' and the part of the stadium did not 'clear out' after, why even make that up ?

It's funny how you seem to be the only Celtic fan to complain or even report this apparently massive incident in which the Green Brigade exacerbated a small incident involving a few Italians who were there to cause trouble :rolleyes:

"They are a group of brainless neds and scumbags who are intent on promoting their political views and causing trouble rather than supporting Celtic." :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002: - at least they don't wait 'til they are home to post about an incident on the internet ya shitebag. I'm sure if the Green Brigade were being fannies they'd have been pulled up by other Tims at the time.

4. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    :50:the guy that posted that pile of * obviously hasnt a clue about away days with Celtic, he should * off back into his wee bubble where mummy n daddy will protect him.

5. im_ant

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I would've accepted if they'd come over and confronted police, but when fans explained to them what was happening, they'd have calmed down a bit, but they continued to confront the stewards and then start to argue with other fans.

Hahahaha, that's the response you have to my story, comparing my signature to the things the Green Brigade have done, fined by UEFA for bangers at the Cliftonville game, why don't you report me to UEFA for my signature. :56::56:

"went over" implies they casually and calmly walked over :56: which could not be further from the truth, they sprinted across before pushing and shoving stewards.

I have not made this up, myself with 8 others in my row moved further back, along with a couple infront of us and some of the lads behind us.

Wait til I'm home? Oh please forgive me for not pulling out my laptop whilst at the San Siro and giving everyone an instant update on the situation like I was apparently supposed to do. It seems that it's ok to start a rammy with stewards for no reason but you're a "shitebag" if you wait til you're home before you share your experience of an event that occurred on the trip. :56: Secondly, I'll not stoop to your level and break forum rules with the namecalling :rolleyes: Like I said, they were pulled up by one or two tims at the time, only to start on them aswell, read my story properly :rolleyes:

"Hasn't a clue about away days with Celtic" How was the coverage of the game on Sky Sports then, good aye? :smiley-laughing002: Again I won't go telling fellow fans on an internet forum to "* off" and break the forum rules.

6. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    Keep any debate to the incident itself and not each other.

7. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It would be interesting to hear the views of other fans who attended and were in and around this section of the ground.

We shouldn't just attack the guy giving the story and calling bullshit on it until others who were there say this happened or not.

8. The Joker

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    Sprinted across my *. Perhaps not walked but you act as if they ran right for the stewards, if that was the case the police would have waded in or made arrests after the game as they could have easily did that.

9 folk moved back a few rows because of the amount of stewards/police at the bottom of that area I'd imagine (if it even happened), not because the big bad Green Brigade were looking for fights. You should have made your views known at the time if you felt that they were just looking for trouble instead of going home to whine about it on the internet, the Celtic away support wouldn't tolerate your version of events so this proves it to be a load of exaggerated pish. The 1 Tim that did say something to the one of the boys who went across was looking for trouble and started giving a lad personal abuse.

As said before, if it was such a big incident then I'm sure it'd have been reported on other Celtic forums or by other fans. Total non-incident made into a big deal by a whinging supporter.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Anybody know why the lack of interest for Milan away?

Maybe cause it was the first game and tight for money but although 1,800-2,000 is a good away support I still thought we might have taken about double that..

Or everyone has pinpointed the dam I'm not sure

10. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Maybe the dam for more reasons than football. :icon_mrgreen:

11. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I reckon a fair few fans will miss the game whilst in Amsterdam :icon_mrgreen:

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    It does make logical sense :icon_mrgreen:

Think ill be missing the game by the looks if it..
    Just watch it somewhere decent in the dam,be a great trip regardless,that would have just been the icing on the space cake..:smiley-laughing002:

This is my younger brothers dream celtic in the dam,be stoned out his face for the 3 days!

13. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Ill be there for 3 days, plenty of time to go and do some other stuff like sightseeing...:bbpd:

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I'm with you on that one :50:

15. H67

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Who Wear The Hoops.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony.
    :87::87:
    I've been on 2 euro trips this season mate. So dont act the * with me.......... Also i'm old enough to remember plenty of away days in europe supporting celtic from the 80s till present day when Celtic fans have done far worse than the so called behaviour you talk about...

Cliftonville, :rolleyes::rolleyes: again this was nothing to do with the GB, but i suppose yer one of those who are easly taken in or follow the crowd...

I was in Belfast and i remember the pyro at Solitude, this was let off by Celtic fans who were in a different stand from the GB nothing mentioned about that, strange!!!

I also remember plenty of Celtic fans in the past doing unsavoury things, just as well the GB were not active in those days or they would have been blamed for that too...

16. Celtic abu

"Break the forum rules"

LOL

* LOL

17. Cmcgregor90

So you can't see behind all the pushing and shouting and realise they tried to stick up for a set of guys who they fote where our support?

In all honesty these guys where probably with the group as guests in our support maybe another team from Italy so maybe that's why there was confusion on your behalf no?

Your seeing what you want to see instead of thinking about things like that use the head !!!

18. Cmcgregor90

Ok never saw this and i presumed it would have been Virtus Verona when I says another Italian team

19. Tifosi Celtic

Prosecutor Vicki Bell on the song 'The Roll of Honour' '' . . . the purpose of this song is only to provoke others.'' - From FAC.

20. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    That's why we sing it in Europe then daft cow.