1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Pretty much it .. yeah.

2. Rude Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kris Commons
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Couldn’t agree more.

Can’t stand either of them and wouldn’t bother joining in if I was there.

JCGE was a great addition, Toytown and Discoland are hideous.

3. Sween

:56:
    I had no idea what these songs were so had to youtube. Deary me...

As regards alternatives, how about stuff by Flogging Molly, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Dropkick Murphys, etc? Bit more modern and bouncier than the older folk tunes but still similar in theme to traditional songs. Either that or just adopt more random pop tunes from the past and make them their own - similar to what they did with "just cant get enough", "chelsea dagger", etc.

I would be amazed if even 5% of those at celtic park knew what these above mentioned songs were.

4. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    I think ToyTown sounds brilliant, and has been one of the more well adopted by the majority songs in a long time, it sounds brilliant at away days too when everyone is singing it. The good thing about songs like this is that there are no words to learn, so it can catch on very quick - not everyone inside the stadium is going to know three or four full verses of numerous different songs.

Discoland sounds good too when we're away but it isn't going to catch on inside Parkhead.

The club playing it over the tannoy is just trying to cash in on the GB - they'll probably have t shirts with things like that on them soon enough, just like they did with JCGE and COYBIG.

5. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    More than half our songs are about rangers or Sevco. Really embarrassing now. Sing about Celtic ffs

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    ? name them

7. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    I bet the people complaining haven't sang a word inside Celtic Park in the last five years, if they've even been there.

If you think the songs are so * get off your * and get an atmosphere going in your own section.

8. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    I bet they have

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Then whats their problem then?

10. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Let's all laugh at Sevco hahaha hahaha
    No Huns in Europe
    No Huns in FIFA
    No no no no no no no no no no no no there's no rangers
    Who the * are Glasgow rangers?
    The huns are *' zombies and we're the champions
    All this "when rangers die" - which was fun for a wee while.

Possibly more songs about them, too. It's getting boring. I join in with the Celtic songs, and these other chants, but don't sing about 'them'.

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That's nonsense.

The Celtic song, Willie Maley, YNWA, JCGE, COYBIG, Celtic Symphony to name a few. Add in BOTOB, Lonesome Boatman, ROH and I defy you to name even a fraction of hun/sevco songs we have in relation to that.

12. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I named 6 for starters, plus the around 10 versions to 'when rangers die'

13. mls1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura and Moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    They haven't ever sung such nonsense as 'no Huns in FIFA'.

14. Raz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough!
    They have

15. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Honestly, they have.

16. wardybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Neil Lennon/Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I love what the green brigade have done to this club and would love to be amoung them every week creating an atmosphere in the ground (which they do very well) my job however means I often work saturdays (another reason why I don't have a season ticket) but i agree with suggestions that they should expand the GB or singing section.

The club could allocated a wider section in the LL stand and say call those tickets something else, for lack of a better idea say, 'Lions Roar' tickets or something like that and charge an extra 50p or quid and then everyone who wants to come to the game with the purpose of creating an atmosphere, singing, claping or jumping around can buy them for that purpose rather than exclude people who can't always be in 111. Everybody could sit there together and get half the stand rocking instead of 111. That way, it will get more folk together and the old moaners can get a seat to sit and moan and the rest can sing away?

17. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    They don't like the song

18. AnthonyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fortune & Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    it wasnt the GB it was the people that filled in when GB werent there at the Inter Milan game

19. Ache

It's all very well recommending Punk bands as things we should sing, but the fact of the matter is football is still a working class sport and modern Punk music is not what the modern working class guy at football is into. They are into Rave music and Dance music, they probably laughed at the folk listening to 'Punk' music at their schools, probably called them Goths or some *. The type of young guy at football is always going to be what you lot are calling 'neds'. If you want a less 'ned' like culture at your sport, go watch tennis or rugby or something. Hate this snidey, snobby attitude of calling people 'neds'.

20. mls1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura and Moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Exactly Anthony.

I would * know if they did as I sit in the section.