1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scariest situation you've ever been in

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Saul Goodman, Aug 26, 2010.

Discuss Scariest situation you've ever been in in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Chavez

Have been in a few mental/scary situations but at the time it wasn't really fear but more adrenaline and panic.

The most scared I've been, as in fearing for your life, was back when I was 11. Friday night after school we were all outside my mates house, about 10 of us having a kick about. From where we were playing there are 4 different roads which all meet up just next to a mini-park, we were using those park gates as goals.

Anyway there was always trouble on Friday nights with two of the main gangs scrapping, usually in this park. If nothing much was happening they would usually give us a chase, few of our big brothers were in either side so we never got any real hassle. Anyway it gets to about 9pm and we're waiting about, suddenly we look behind us and down the hill come about 20 guys. They're all on the swally of course and they stop and talk to us asking if we've seen the gang they're after etc.

After a few mins We hear a shout from a road on the right and sure enough another big group of lads, this time easily 50/60 are flying down towards us, shouting all sorts and flinging bottles. So the guys who we were with all * it and bolt, we do the same. Problem is the lads who are running at us are all probably steaming so don't realise there are wee guys in amongst the boys they're chasing. We all split in different directions, me and 2 others, Paul and Kev, head into the park, bad move. A bunch of them split and chase us in to it. We leg it in and out of bushes for a while before getting caught by two neds down a dead end.

So obviously us three are filling our y-fronts while these 2 come at us doing that classic neddy " haw haw look wit av fun' laugh. We were maybe expecting a decking at worst a hook (we'd been caught plenty of times and usually one of them recognised we were so and so's wee brother) but this time one of them, about 18/19 comes straight at the three of us swinging a pole about. He swipes at Paul's legs and sweeps him and pushes over me and Kev. Then the * and his mate start proper booting in to us, the one with the pole rabbling and shouting about all sorts.

So finally, with us 3 all battered to * the * drag us up and one of them pulls a lockback out. He's swinging it about and us 3 are greetin our heeds off, his mate keeps saying "if your gonnae dae it then just * dae it" as the guy with the knife is jumping about like a lunatic.

Seconds later a few lads appear at far end of the dead end and shout the two of them, a few jump down and one recognises us. He starts to shout at the * who've been laying in to us and tells him who mine and Paul's brothers were. The * backs off and they all leave a few minutes later.

Leaving us standing there shaking and battered. Can't really recall much else other than us all swearing no to grass the stupid wanks we were :smiley-laughing002:

Never told anyone other than our mates, all had a bunch of bruises on our legs but blamed it on the football to our parents. Don't think I've ever been more terrified than when that fud was waving the knife about in front of us, and he was that round the bend that it seemed like he might use it. Lucky that we had big brothers in gangs , * knows if he might have done something had his mates not shown up.

Anyway, next Friday we were back at the park gates looking for a chase :smiley-laughing002: :icon_mrgreen:

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Being asked to assist in a fight with older guys when I was 14 and going along with it because i thought I was a ticket, then watching as we caught a guy and my mates big brother cut his fingers off with a cleaver.

I'll never forget the guy screaming and picking his fingers up off the pavement.

3. Chavez

Well cheers for blowing my story right out the water Sean mate thanks a lot :smiley-laughing002:

Sounds horrible man, luckily seems like the gang scene has died a bit recently.

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Sorry mate. :smiley-laughing002:

I also seen a guy running down the street with a machete sticking out the back of his head.

I was 19 though and desensitised to it by then. :icon_mrgreen:

5. Chavez

* sake did you grow up in 'Nam?? Crazy the situations * get in to.

Worst I've seen is a throw up between a broken bucky bottle burried in to my mates kneck or similarly to yours a guy with a mini-axe in his head.

Wish things were kept to fists.

6. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Rolled my car 3 times on the m8 a couple of years ago, to say I shat it would have been an understatement.

7. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Was just talking to Wrigley there funnily enough........how did you get rid of the smell?

8. Sonny7

When my doctor told me I had 6 months left to live. I sat there crying in shock for ten minutes, couldn't believe it. Those ten minutes felt like 10 hours. Then the wee * turned round and says, am just kiddon Sonny, it was a joke. Thought it would be funny.

9. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Did your m8 survive ?

10. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Got mugged at knife point. That was pretty scary.

11. TimFloyd Gold Member

Certainly someone lunging at my stomach with a kitchen knife wasn't a pleasant experience.

Also coming off my motorbike at 50mph wasn't fun either.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Coach crash,but that was over and done quick as I was knocked out,still remember the fear on the bus,the screams for the 10 seconds or whatever it must have been before..

Had a gun pulled out on me in a pub in west London,was a heavy pub of all sorts,locals,rastas,gypsie's,they used to do scar nights in the other big room so you had skins in there aswell..
    Weird pub in a big Irish area..
    Real mix bag and one you never felt comfortable in..
    Only reason some of us went is we knew the guy on the door well,used to get lock ins and drinks for free as we were only young,anyway the guy we knew on the door was well handy and well known so people were always trying to have a go..
    Once I was sitting with his missus while he was on the door and this black guy sits on the table,he starts naming her man on the door and that he's a * and that's she's a slag etc..
    We ask exception the 2 of us sitting with her and tell the guy to * off..
    He laughs and walks off..

I'm dying to tell her man now that this guys playing up and seems extremely dodgy,she is begging me not too cause no trouble though so I leave it as she's right..
    The guy is getting braver and braver walking past making comments(he was on his own by the way)this seemed strange and I thought he might have been carrying a blade,we keep giving each other looks and he walks over about an hour after the first confrontation and says roughly 'Is it you who's got a * problem' and pulled a pistol out his jeans just enough for me an my mate to clock and no one else...

I can honestly say I nearly * myself with fear,I had to swallow it and say 'nah no problem' to which he laughed and left the pub..
    We told our doorman mate after,the guy to my knowledge has never been seen about round there though again..
    Scary..

Another time this is maybe the Scariest..
    I was out for my pals birthday in south London,last orders and we leave get a carry out and are walking back to this big estate where there from(massive dump it is) 4 of us,as we're walking through the alleys to the flat a couple of Albanians are standing there milling about..
    As we're walking past them one shouts 'give me lighter' my pal says none of us smoke mate,the guy walks closer and says again to which he's told no,he is shouting aggressively again to which one of our pals who does abit of boxing puts him on his * an the other one gets a couple digs for his pals loudmouth..
    They have run off shouting and giving it though,they haven't learned a lesson obviously so 2 of us give chase into this cul de sac,bad move...

It's like a community all in the one bit,so now we have all these Albanians running out of houses with machetes and fuckoff choppers,we're in trouble now..
    We literally are running for our life..
    All we can hear is 'die English *'..* this for a laugh..
    We're running through alleys and they had the fence thingys that you have to zig zag through all over the place..(they are to prevent mopeds and stuff)..
    This went on for half hour easy,they were right up my * when I was having to zig zag through and i am in no doubt these guys weren't playing..
    I would have been killed..

I had to hide in a house and watch them running through parks looking for us for an hour after...

They are probably the worst off the too of my head..

My advice is don't go to dodgy pubs and areas at night..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2013
  13. Mr. Slippyfist

Dirty * :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

14. cheesepoo

I don't know why but that made me laugh so much :smiley-laughing002:

15. PaoloDiCanio

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paolo Di Canio
    For those talking about the post being edited in now way shape or form did I edit anything or lie about anything in the dream.

Believe me I wish I * did :56:

16. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

It wasn't Dr. David Brent by any chance lol

17. atomicvertigo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy burns
    exactly 20 yrs ago the * my sister was married to was a brit soldier and a orange bassa anyway,i was over in berlin visiting my sister, ended up rat arsed and the brother in law had told me to shut my mouth if memory serves i think that * scott nisbetts career had ended and i made a joke about it.

so he tells me to shut it at which point i said you gonna make me shut it ya orange *

next minute the * has bingo'd me with a bottle of vino across the napper, at that point i sobered up rapidly as he was trying to slash me,
    cut a long story short i got out the house the mp's arrested the * then the army cid said i had links with the provo's etc told the * they better get me on a flight back to glasgow that day or i was going to the press with this * they where trying to pin on me.

18. MairtinH2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    ^^^^^^^

An act I am not surprised by their usual behaviours from victims of their thugs within their establishment

19. DannybhoyCFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Roberts, Dembele, Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe Mcdonnell, Grace
    Stopped a couple with two young kids for shoplifting, and they pulled a machete out on me. That was pretty scary.

20. MairtinH2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Got a knife put to my throat by a bunch of drug dealing scumbags in a car park, because of mistaken identity. Thank * they realised a before it was too late