1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Leckie on Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by skegsagypsy, Aug 31, 2010.

Discuss Bill Leckie on Scott Brown in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Give the guy a break ffs hes had a good start to the season so deserves his starting place in the team imo, instead of judging him on past performances from last season why not give him credit or at least acknowledge his good recent form,
    or would that go against the trend with some people?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
  2. skegsagypsy

Totally agree, Robson is 10 times the player:50:

3. TonyBhoy316

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    When scott brown signed for celtic, i was delighted, great talent. Havent noticed him on the park the last season, and when i do, its either him havin a go at someone or getting booked, sorry for " Jumping on the hate train " But celtic need better than that in the middle of the park, end of.

4. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    :56:

Goodo. Glad to hear it mate. Naylor was another victim when I was still going to the games.

It's good to talk about this because it might let somebody else who does the same like 'groan at every misplaced pass etc. If you do that, you are a scummy fan. You cannot turn an ordinary player into a better one with this kind of effort.

If you feel that kind of passion, watch the games in the boozer where the player won't have to deal with it.

Nothng against you The Hand. Just thought I'd use this post to rant a bit.

5. skegsagypsy

Let me try this again ! I would love Broony to fulfil the potential he originally showed before he came to us, I've no dislike for the guy as a person(I can't have I dont know him) I just want the best for my team, as a long time fan, Brown is not what I as a Celtic fan should accept as far as his standard of football is concerned, he's awful, the great start to this season people talk about doesn't exist, thats one of the reasons we're out of Europe, he was worse than awful in both the champs league defeat and that debacle in the UEFA league. If I'm wrong and he goes on to have a great season I'll gladly eat my fookin words, but I'd bet good money that I'll not need too, the guys no better than pub team standard !

6. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

OK, McManus never had a go or question the ref. That was wrong. Brown does have a go and it's still wrong.

Just have a go sometimes? Is that the answer?

7. The The Hand

Fire ahead mate, I'm right behind you.

(...& not booting you up the *...

just to be clear...) :icon_mrgreen:

8. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    dont get me wrong hes been ultimately disappointing since we bought him ( barr the season when he won a Player of the year award ) from hibs but i can at least judge him how hes playing now, and right now for celtic hes playing well , your still goin on about last season.

9. skegsagypsy

Brown got booked tonight for Scotland, not for his tackle, but for constantly slabbering at the ref, the tackle was the excuse the ref was looking, its synonymous with his game.

10. TonyBhoy316

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Some players make it work, some dont, if your moaning because you got hacked down in the box just as you were going to score your hat trick, fair play, you have every right. But sometimes it seems like scott brown just doesnt like being tackled, even if he knows himself it was a fair challenge.

I would like nothin more than to see him turning into the player he once was, i was always a fan, even before his celtic days. But he needs to keep his head down, get his game back up to the level it should be at.. Otherwise we would be as well just giving up any kind of challenge in the middle of the park, your not winning the league by moaning at the ref every two seconds.

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Brown should concentrate more on his football and being productive in the midfield instead of constant * at the refs and trying to mix it with the opposition.......

12. kennydal

There is a Scotland thread in Scottish Football ,talk about Brown playing for Scotland in there not here.

13. skegsagypsy

I'd take Barry Robson back in midfield over Brown all day long, its a travesty Robbo was punted out and Brown kept, I wonder if Lenny had been in the managers position would the midfield post be as it is now ?

14. horseshoe

There's a clear difference between a captain talking/arguing/pointing things out to the ref and flat having a go, refs have no time for that, and that's what Brown does, same as he did before he was captain, repeatedly loses his cool, it's just not on.

15. TonyBhoy316

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley

Spot on.

Like everyone else here, i just want celtic to play good football and win the league, just saying, scott brown needs to sort out his attitude problem, or it will run his football career.

16. shughie

A team captain has no special rights or privileges.
    In other words he doesnt have the right to complain, moan, argue, or in Browns case be an in your face player with officials and the opposition players!
    To me he is neither a loose cannon, or a volcano, he is an imposter!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
  17. Matt_20

Yes he does, only the captain should be allowed to talk to the referee to voice his team's concerns, to avoid the Chelsea * when Ballack and Drogba and the rest try to influence his decisions. Which is why you need a cool head and an example to follow as your captain, and everyone knows Brown is neither.

18. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

Did a referee tell you that?

19. raymo67

I think since Juarez & Kayal have arrived Brown has looked a different player he seems to play with a bit of freedom as before he looked restricted to just one position n couldnt b the box to box player we know he can be. I think Strachan n Mowbray just didnt know how to use him but Lennon is getting the best out of himbut do wish Brown could keep his mouth shut.

20. Lazycame

Fav Celtic Player:
    McManus
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Disgrace of a footballer, utter *.