1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Gary Hooper boost

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by mickcfc91, Sep 2, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Gary Hooper boost in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

i wonder how hooper and stokes will play together, there isnt many teams that hve 2 out and out goalscorers up front

2. Lazycame

Fav Celtic Player:
    McManus
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    3 goals a game.

3. adiadi

fantastic news! i just wonder if him and stokes would work, you very rarely find two poachers that play well together

4. hoops88

hoopers got more to his game than just a goal poacher his father worked with a mate of mine and we have been watching him for a few years since he was at grays he has improved his allround game season on season as he has risen up the leagues,also both of them are strong lads and can hold the ball up well and bring others into it,both also have a bit of dig about them, think they will play off each other well and could be a good partnership that will get us a lot of goals over the next few years

5. North East Hoop

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    All of them.
    This strikeforce could be deadly IMO. Both get goals and can also play a bit to which gives one liscence to play of the other. So many options which is a good thing but for Lennon not so easy picking the players.

6. jcwelsh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobo Balde
    Fav Celtic Song:
    WILLIE MALEY
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CNicola%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Big mistake, if we go with both these lads up front, we are going to have a problem with who leaves it for who, both players are too alike.

I can see Stokes sitting on the bench if Hooper is ready for the Hearts game as I reckon Hooper is not daft and is pushing himself back early so he doesn't get left behind.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Probably too early to too say but I Reckon we just wasted 1.2 mil. I can see Stokes getting fed up being a sub and we will have to offload him for a lot less than we paid for him.
    We will have to wait and see.
    __

7. Mince.Charming

i think weve wasted more on murphy to be honest mate. ill give murphy his chance but i cant see him becoming a regular starter.think 1.5 million for a squad player is too much. dont think hes much better than sheridan to be honest.

8. jokeybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ynwa
    i know mate just dont see murphy making an impact.i just dont see what lenny seen in him.

9. northeast67

hope the partnership is leathel but they may be too similar.

10. doctor venglos

11. Boom Stick

yeah,he was * against hearts,WHAT A JOKE,man of the match for most,give the guy a chance:31::31::31:ce

12. LB

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Hooper ,All Time -"Jinky"
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic song
    agreed i think he could be a great piece of business by the board :50:

13. Heisenberg

yeah i thought he was gona be a * squad player cos his record at sunderland isnt even that good

14. celtic warrior

Well Hooper is on his way back to the starting 11 for sure, as he got a goal in a closed door game, good news.

Personally with him and Stokes both wearing the hoops now it can only be a good thing as they both seem like they genuinely want to play and not waste on the bench, so my theory would be that they will really up their games to be sure of a place in the team which would mean goals, goals and more goals.

It could be case of "one up manship" which could mean either they won't be able to play together OR they will play awesome together as they will want to score, assist and do everything to ensure both remain in the starting 11.

15. richy1888

Main thing the coaching staff will be looking at is how he recovers after 90 mins yesterday if ok he will start i am sure against Killie, always good to get back into winning ways in any match

16. celtic warrior

Don't ask me why but I always thought he was a decent buy, granted £1.5mill might be on the heavy side always thought he could easily turn out well.

I mean at the risk of dropping players like forrest etc... whether be through loss of form or what ever if lenny went out 4-3-3 and it saw the following:

------------------Stokes--------------Hooper-----
    ---------------------------Murphy------------.

You never know if we were to ever start out like that with Juarez, Kayal, Ledley, Emilo, Cha who all seem decent enough when it comes to supplying balls into the box it could work out well.

There is just so many options it's insane