1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon - All Chat In Here

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by pelethebhoy, Aug 30, 2010.

Discuss Neil Lennon - All Chat In Here in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

the co-effcient is even lower now next season the spl winner will have 2 play 2 games mabe before the groups and there is only 1 spot

so now it's not been that low

2. Tomas

When appointed, Neil Lennon stated clearly that the goal for this season was to win the SPL, and that anything else would be a bonus.
    Let's wait and see how that turns out. I am confident that we will win the SPL, and maybe the treble is possible. Get behind the team.
    "We are Celtic Supporters, faithfull through and through"

3. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Post of the thread! :50:

4. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

Plus Lennon is using the same water pistol Mowbray and Strachan lost the war with thanks to the board.

5. Kerr_OConnor

Fav Celtic Player:
    was petrov but now McManus
    Lennon will do a fine job this season, we'll be in with a shout but I don't think we will oust Rangers. They've got a lot more discipline and character in their side and it will tell. We'll go to Ibrox needing to get something when it matters, "the captain" will play *, get sent off, we'll be moaning about certain decisions, some will call for Lennons head and Rangers will win the league.

6. bhoy81

just hope fans adding last season's spl games to lennon's record

we are in a new season and he is 3 in 3 last season does not matter, if thats the case people can say he lost the ross county game, for me that game was very important we needed to win the scottish cup and it never happend

the leauge was lost and lennon said himself it's all about making rangers wait a few more weeks

this season is alot different again we are 3 in 3 great start even tho the away wins where not the best game but we won ugly thats what makes champions

again ive said it a few times now only thing lennon has make a big * up is europe this season, am not counting last seasons scottish cup since am not counting the spl games, it's in the past

fans and past players have every right to have a go or have there say about the shambles in europe lennon even came out and said it's all my fault, and fair plays to him doing it

so please guys we are in a new season so lets stop with the games from last season

7. bhoy81

i pray to * that brown cut's out his * when we play the huns and if he gets sent off this season when we play them, i hope that lennon will do somthing about it

brown has been playing better than i had expected this season not great but better, when these internation games are out the way kayal and juarez will be playing more but i think lennon start him every game

8. Blantyre Bhoy

I agree that Loovens, Samaras and Brown should be moved on, perhaps in the January window. I think Lennon is identifying several good players, with a decent partner for Danny Bhoy and I think the defence looks in better shape that it has since the departure on Martin O'Neil.

The three players mentioned above are real liabilities, Loovens is too slow, Brown does possess either the passing ability or brain to operate in centre midfield, and SAmaras is just a total waste of time.

9. pelethebhoy

With stokes in and no defender signed are we happy??

I am happy with what Lennon has did on many fronts, but he won't get the perfect 11 overnight, so we need to give him our support and trust!

10. kennydal

Im happy with Stokes ,just said the same in another thread ,23 goals in the SPL and not playing with Celtic or rangers ,quite an achievement.

11. shughie

Lennon speaks out against the board

This was on 22/10/2004 - but is there much change now?

Celtic midfielder Neil Lennon has told the Parkhead board the club are “going backwards” after failing to spend on squad strengthening following the UEFA Cup final. The former Northern Ireland international was part of the Hoops’ team which crashed to a 3-0 defeat by Shakhtar Donetsk in Ukraine on Wednesday. The team are now in danger of failing to qualify for the UEFA Cup as third-placed team in their group. After finishing as runners-up to Porto in the UEFA Cup in May 2003, Celtic boss Martin O’Neill has not been allowed to break the bank to strengthen his squad. Now the midfielder believes the board are letting the hard work which led up to the game in Seville go to waste. Lennon said: “We have put in so much good work in Europe and we don’t want that to start ebbing away, but it’s looking that way at the minute unless we can strengthen the squad. Maybe not now but definitely next season. “If that doesn’t happen then we’re just going to be the whipping boys all the time. “We knew Shakhtar had bought a lot of players in the summer. We can’t keep making excuses about the squad not being big enough. I still think we can do better and cope better. “We have come against far better teams than Shakhtar and that’s not being disrespectful. “We have put up some decent performances before but perhaps the team and squad is not as good as it was a year or two ago. “That’s not for the players or the manager, it’s for the people upstairs to look at. “I can’t tell the board what to do. However, if we are to progress in this competition – and if it’s what we really, really want – then obviously we have to spend eventually. “I was going to apologise to the fans but that would be unfair on the players. “We are doing we well as we can. It’s all hands to the pump and we have to lift ourselves for the SPL and games we need to win. “I’m sure the Ukrainian league is not the strongest in the world but they do have the financial backing we don’t have. “I think if the club could get a wee bit of backing we could really go places with this manager but, right now, we seem to be going backwards, rather than forwards. “And on the evidence of this game we are a long way away.”

12. kennydal

Thats when it all started for me ^^^ ,that team was ageing but MON spent a lot of money on class players but when he got them most of them where in there prime and had no sell on value ,i dont think it would have been much as a surprise to the board as it was to us when MON said he was quitting.

MON like to spend money and Celtic counted the pennies and couldnt keep going to his demands ,if he had bought younger players that would have been a different ball game altogether.

Theres something to build on and the team would grow into maturity as footballers but as we know when Strachan arrived there was a few good ones still there but there age wasnt going for them and did he get the money that O"Neil got ,no not even close to it but he got a team together and played in the Champs last 16, 2years on the trot .

Lennon seen it happening back then as did a lot of people but the board got the back lash from holding back but i think on this occasion regarding MON they were right to ,am i right in saying that Celtic were in debt to the tune of £31 million when Strachan took over ,hence why he never got a pot of gold like MON .

13. champions100%

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    100% agree with you mate! Now Lennon and the players can concerntrate on the domestic side of things! Go for the treble and try for europe next year when we're stronger! :) Hail Hail

14. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Last paragraph of what Kennydal said is why the board have done a good job. 31million in debt approximately when GS took over. Strachan managed to get the age of the squad down, the wage bill down while still performing on the park.
    But after that debt was down after roughly 2 seasons, the money we were making from the CL last 16, agaon roughly 10-17million, imo was never really invested when it needed to be. It's the whole let's wait and see attitude that get's to alot fans and that attitude has seen us losing miserabely in recent years.
    This season has seen a very shrewd but very efficient dealings in the transfer markket by Lennon. Bringin in 11 players with so little is a great job. So if this team can perform till January ( at least be either 3 in front or 3 behind) I feel that there is still place for investment to the first 11.
    At this moment though Lennon is doing a grand job, in every area of being Celtic manager.

15. kennydal

Celtic seem to take a giant leap forward in Europe ,Seville season and then the 2 last 16 games and when the money does need spent for some reason the board hold back ,maybe for the sake of adding to experienced players at that time for say 5 million and it would make Celtic that bit stronger and * knows were they would have went but the board didnt take the plunge ?.

I really think that the MON saga with all that debt left has scared the * out of them [in a way] and i would say now Celtic are back in this position again ,Lennon has got 11 players in now but he balanced the books pretty well so im assuming that there might be cash available in January ,if Celtic are getting pressed in the League and Lennon see's that we need more money to push on i just hope that the board dont mess him about and they put there hands in there pockets and get what Lennon WANTS not 2nd or 3 rd best so this team can move on.

I know we got humped out of 2 European Cups but forget that Celtic arent ready for that but i see good things in this Celtic team which we havent seen in a while ,theve added quality and pace to this team and with maybe another 3 players this team could be a force to be reckoned with in the SPL .

I say SPL because thats our bread and butter and its a stage for Celtic to gain confidence by winning Leagues and Cups and then maybe in 2 years time we might be ready to start playing at some level in Europe again ,what i would like to see and i think Lennon would aswell is the next pre-season for Celtic to stay in Europe and to play a few top teams as a measure to were Celtic are at.

Money talks and America will beckon again but if Lennon wants to get this right he should stamped his authority and tell the board to set-up a European tour and it gives Lennon the chance to come and go to Parkhead to meet future players instead of being 3000 miles away in America ,things like this make a difference and if Celtic want to play with the big boys again they need to open there eyes and see whats going on here and in Europe ,but the main thing to all this is the board ,they need to stand up and be counted when the manager chaps there door looking to improve on what he has.

16. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Its not unfair at all he failed when it matters , Europe , he can blame the players etc all he wants , truth is he was * clueless on how to change the game and never did * all and cost us by sitting back in the first leg and not going for the third goal ,
    Still not the right man for me far too early hope he proves me wrong but cant see it , aye he's won the league games so far and thats all and good , but going out of the Champs league and europa has * the club big time and set us back once again ,

17. dazza585

spot on ! lennon has failed all his big games ! its a disaster not to be in europe at all

18. Lazycame

Fav Celtic Player:
    McManus
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Guys a * genius, he could sell tents.

19. pelethebhoy

Well done Lennon, keep up the good work. Add a couple of quality players in December and bring that the league title home.

I have 100% faith in you.

Hail Hail!!

20. jamie&erin1888

He has done well to be fair we were awesome yesterday he has made some great signings to

only negitive is he played wrong teams agianst the huns should have won midfield battle then played the * of the park