1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

We don't appreciate Samaras enough!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by jonny-the-celt, Aug 15, 2010.

Discuss We don't appreciate Samaras enough! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scarecrow

thank *, somebody on talkceltic talking sense!

OOH AH SAMARAS

2. kungfoofighter

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    he makes bad decisions

3. im_ant

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    So what you're basically saying there is I'm daft for wanting McDonald over Samaras? I think you might be the one who's "deluded" pal.

All too often he can "keep hold of the ball" for far too long, for example his tunnel vision when he could've allowed Maloney to burst the net.

4. mickybhoy87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andreas Hinkel
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good Post :bbpd: Sammy Is a Good Player, Tries 100% and Can Score Crucial Goals. But I Do Agree That Maybe He Shouldnt be Played as A Striker Because He Drifts Out Wide Too Many Times.

We Should Stick By Him I Think, As He Is One Of The Most Hard Working Players We Have.

5. Magic_7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Oh the rangers are shite
    Have you seen much of Daryl Murphy then ????????

6. celticfc482

seen enough to say smaras is better than him

7. gunt

As Strachan put it - he has everything - really good ball skills, mobile, great pace, hes massive, scores all sorts of goals etc and if he ever puts that all together he will be frightening. He really needs mainly to be coached on the poaching side of the game. If he added goal sniffing to his game he would be a * of a player. Has far more of an impact than Fortune IMO. One way or other Sammy always is in the thick of things and prominent but Fortune seems to hide on the edges of the games

8. Magic_7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Oh the rangers are shite
    Really why slate Murphy when he not played much for us then :38:

9. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    He * me off somthing fierce. Aye he can be unlplayable when on top form, but I think that is why he * me off so much. If he could string 2 games together on even decent form then most people wouldn't get in his case. They do because 1 game in 12 isn't enough. Every game he constantly makes the wrong decisions, flaps in front of goal and he knows he does this more often than not but still does it. Might have found his position playing left/right in a forward 3, but imo he has had chance after chance. Don't see him going anywher this window but if he doesn't improve his consistency by Jan then he should go. And that jsut doesn't go for Sammy

10. jonny-the-celt

No what you were saying is you want a box-to-box striker which is * near impossible and i'm saying that Samaras actually tries to do this out of his love of the club whereas McDonald on a bad day would just moan and not do anything about it whereas Samaras does! :icon_mrgreen::86: * loves a trier as do I :84:

11. oh bhoy

samaras is * awful, what is there to appriciate he doesnt score or create anywhere near enough goals,his goals to game ratio may look alright(dubious as the one mentioned here is), i would safely say his goal to chance ratio would give a much better indication of how ineffective he is,Celtic strikers should be scoring at least 20 a season theres no way i could see him getting any where near that,hopefully lennon realizes that there is no place for passengers this season and sends him on his way

12. Ciaran-Celtic1

Samaras, on his day, is a quality player. The problem for me is that he is too inconsistent. For that reason, I'd sell him.

13. Dazzzdelux

I was a bit * off that it sounded like he was getting boos in our last game

As far as I'm concerned you don't boo your own team, no matter what

14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Samaras' contribution, although not being heaps of goals, still is vital. His effort, like in yesterday's game, helps our attack immensely. Plus, he's not a whiny *. He is loyal to the club.

15. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    he is a whiny *

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Players aren't signed for personality and loyalty, they are well paid and should be able to do the job to the best of there ability, they are in a privelaged position and lead a life-style most of us can only dream about...........:shamrock:

17. limezer

the sooner he goes the better fooled us all too many times.

18. horseshoe

I wish another player in our team had long hair and looked a bit lanky, just to soak up some of the personal abuse he gets.

as far as his performances go he's nowhere near our worst, the criticism he takes is well out of proportion.

19. Aldobaldo

Horeshoe your bang on the guy got dogs abuse last season and was made a scapegoat for what was a poor season.

I also don`t buy into this pish about his apperance, he could play wae bunches in as far as a care. Judge the guy on his perfromances not his hairstyle, this season he has been the best player and ok its only one game into the league.

Whilst the guy plays in celtic colours he will get my backing and the same should apply to all Celtic supporters.

20. Jezzz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley & Let the People Sing
    +1 mate. Samaras is often used a scapegoat by fans, extremely unfair a lot of the time.