1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hooiveld

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by romeo9535, Aug 5, 2010.

Discuss Hooiveld in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. romeo9535

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson, Alan Thompson, John Hartson, Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 Leaf Clover, Willy Malley
    Guys,

Honest opinions.

What do we think of Hooiveld? How do you rate his performance last night?

I'm a fan of his and think he can be a great player for us but he needs a good partner beside him. Loovens isn't that.

What do you guys think?

p.s. Mulgrew should never ever be allowed anywhere near a defensive position for us.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

If we can get a dominant CB in to partner him, i think he will be a good player for us.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
  3. Wilkie1888

Hmm.. well hes as slow as a week in a jail although he is an old fashion defender straight through ye ball away which i like not sure if he would improve alongside another good centre back

4. markeyboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I like his personality but I still have a few questions marks over his head, think he needs a better partner than Loovens mind

5. Raz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough!
    Caught by pace a couple of times last night, would need to see more of him before judging.

6. jiko

The two times I've seen him look poor were on the ground , against Arsenal when he came across to cover for Mulgrew and Walcott skinned him , no shame there..
    And last night in the 2nd half when Mulgrew was further forward and Braga hit us on the counter , I think it was the guy Alan who got free from the halfway line , skinned Hooiveld who was grabbing his shirt all the way to our 18 yard box where the Braga player hit the deck and was given a free-kick.. Hard to make a judgement yet..

7. AD1967

Fav Celtic Song:
    love a good walk on
    was * last night.

8. horseshoe

Think him and Rogne should be our CB pair, assuming we don't buy someone to walk straight into the starting 11.

I wouldn't read into last nights performance too much for rating Hooiveld or Loovens, we were so badly exposed down the left side with Mulgrew there.

9. HoopsBhoy91

I also think he can be a good player for us. At the moment he has a few things that are hindering him and some of them he can't do anything about.

First of all, he is playing beside Loovens who is a bombscare of a defender at the best of times. This won't help Hooivelds confidence as he will constantly have one eye on him as he will suspect Loovens to slip up at some point.

Secondly, add Mulgrew into the equation. Similar to Loovens, Jos will always have one eye on Mulgrew as he wont have any confidence in his abilities. Last night, Bragas goal came from the fact that Mulgrew lost it and Jos was dragged out wide to cover for him. Perhaps an even bigger mistake was that Loovens also got dragged out and Cha was left in the middle with Cesar.

Add to these two the fact Jos hasn't played many game since coming back from Injury and you can see why he might not be playing his best football. His mind must be everywhere. he has to think about doing his own job aswell as the two players beside him. He needs two players either side that can do their job.

10. Mr. Slippyfist

He wasn't * mate, considering he was basically covering three positions(His, Loovens and Mulgrews).

11. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    I like him but he did get caught out a few times last night and pace isnt exactly his strong point. He could become a really good player if we get a new LB and CB because he was having to come out left to help cover for Mulgrew a few times in the first half then that left us open in the centre

soo i like him but i still think he has alot to prove

12. Rosleabhoy

There was on instance last night that showed up his lack of pace. He looked like he was towing a bus.

13. Mark

He's not the answer to our defensive problems. We need an experienced centre half brought in, a bit of money needs to be spent in this area. Left back is also a bit of a concern.

14. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    He was * last night anyone that says he had a good game must be blind , honestly the guy is the fans new Boruc cause he runs his mouth off cult hero .

15. smithy18

talks a good game but doesnt play 1. a would keep him as back up if we can get a better cb and lay misun next to whoever we get in.

16. HoopsBhoy91

To be fair, his "Towing a bus" problem isn't as bad as Rasmussens or Josh Thompson. Why do we buy players that look like they're towing a bus? Got to remember he had Loovens and Mulgrew on his back whilst towing said bus.

17. Rosleabhoy

I dont think hes anyones cult hero. Hes been interviewed a couple of times and talks the team up. Big deal. He doesnt run to the press himself. The club put players forward.

18. og1

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    So far he has not looked like an improvement on Mick or Heid to be honest. But with a good partner he should be ok in the spl. Its too early for Rogne, we need an experienced replacement and Loovens should be sold.

19. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We've gone back the way with this guy. McManus is much stronger and quicker which is saying something.

20. Barry Robson

Was not good last night, too many times he let the ball bounce and with Loovens beside him didnt help much. Not seen enough of him tho, so i'l give him a chance