1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Sell Ki

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by doctor venglos, Jul 29, 2010.

Discuss Sell Ki in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dazzzdelux

Why are people so desperate to get rid of our good players?

2. Markie85

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    No doubt that he's got ability but needs to show it every time he plays. Lennon rates him highly and he sees him every day in training so I trust lenny's judgement.

3. Celtic Yank

Don't want to sell the guy. This summers World Cup shows that he has plenty of potential.....

My worry is that he won't get much playing time with our crowded and talented midfield..

4. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    can see him coming off the bench most games an adding a touch of class to the midfield tbh

5. The The Hand

To my mind that's a total myth.

Anyone who thinks Messi would struggle in the SPL, for example, is clinically insane.

I think folk look at the SPL, see that it is full of useless big *, and conclude that more skilful players don't make it here. But in fact, the real reason is simply that Scotland is full of useless big *. We just don't have the mercurial geniuses that other countries seem to produce, and the ones from other countries have no motivation to come here.

6. Vic the Brick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson/PVH/McNeil
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team
    Don't really agree with your post.

It's talked about in many football circles in Scotland how hundreds of gifted, but small players, are never picked up by clubs as they believe they are too lightweight for the SPL. When people say Messi would not make it in Scotland, they don't mean his skill would be nullified by lumbering thugs, it's that he would never have made it through our youth system because he is too small. Regardless of talent.

There are a few exceptions, but only a few, of small players that have made it through SPL youth systems. With Celtic being the only team to give them a go (Burchill, McGeady, Maloney etc.). We favour the big thugs for some * awful reason and it ruins our game.

7. Rosleabhoy

I would tend to agree if they had a similar talent.

8. Rosleabhoy

messi is small but hes not lightweight. He rides most challenges. hes a very strong wee player with massive skill. Nothin like anyone in the spl

9. gerry_bhoy

The thing is, mate. Thats the way footballers in this country are reared. Big boys over talent in all age groups.

I think its safe to say that after a flirtation with pro youth football Messi would have been released and be a spark right now if he had grown up Scotland.

Regarding Ki, hes what 6 foot? Won't be a problem for him to beef up if required.

At six foot, light weight is a state of the mind. Footballer's in general aren't built like tanks with the odd exception. Even the supposed big lads are skinny when they take their tops off. Brown isn't tall or built by any means and he doesn't get bullied. Its all in the mind. Wee forrest is another example of a small player who gets stuck in despite his size - which due to his ability and attitude won't be an issue. Although Forrest has been playing in this country all his life.

Ki's size isn't a problem. He will just have to get used to taking a few bruises. He'll be fine. We need a bit of finesse as well as graft anyway.

Even if hes a bit part player, i'd like him around.

10. dazzamac

keep him now, maybe give him half hour every few games or summit, let him be a stand in incase of injury's and stuff and if the time comes to sell him, we could end up lookin a crackin wee profit. sayin taht tho, i'd rather keep him, he's a crackin little player, maybe down the list of lennons startin midfielders but we've got a decent bunch now n lennon obviously see's somethin in him to play him

11. Aldobaldo

Bang on these comments, has been the problem with scottish football for years. The guy that has technical ability, gets overlooked for a 6ft knuckledragger. Watched a certain individual in an international game and again yesterday, this guy is the prime example of this GARY KENNETH.

As for selling Ki it would be a step in the wrong direction, the guy has shown on both the international stage and here has shown he can produce the goods.

12. Bamboozle

he needs to be managed in a simalar manner to Forrest, play him in home games or bring on as a sub when we're 2 goals or more up, let the confidence and experience grow and the player will hopefully shine through.

13. doctor venglos

I don't like to tell you I told you so, but I did tell you to sell Ki.
    He will never fit into the philosophy of Lennon and Mjalby :bbpd:

14. horseshoe

He's still a miles better footballer than your lord broony.

just assuming you like brown from you avatar, but maybe you're being ironic and know he's gash.

15. doctor venglos

I don't need to defend Brown, the last three Celtic managers have seen Scott Brown as an integral part of the team, and two of them have made and stayed with Brown as captain. The last three Scotland managers have had Brown as a first pick on the Scotland team sheet.The facts speak for themselves.

16. horseshoe

yes he has been picked consistently, regardless of his level of performance, frankly it's the most baffling mystery I've ever come across in the world of football, I'm not sure sherlock holmes could solve it.

17. Lazycame

Fav Celtic Player:
    McManus
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Useless *.

18. adsfking

19. format

Pro thread.

20. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

think this thread is looking rather silly now, ki has been excellent the last month