1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Gary Hooper

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by samson81, Jul 27, 2010.

Discuss Gary Hooper in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. hendycfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    If the rumours are true about him signing a new contract I will be the happiest man on the planet.

2. hendycfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Hooper is my hero. Could be a Celtic legend.

3. Heb Celt

The thing is he's hoping for a decent EPL team to come in for him,if not he'll sign a new contract.Will he be happy next season?I'm actually hoping someone signs him up,rather than him only turning up for CL games next season.

4. Lecs

Without a doubt, Sutton was head and shoulders above Gary Hooper, England were * stupid not to play the guy, what a player he was. Sutton gave 110% every single game as well, his attitude was fantastic.

I watched the 4-3 game against Juventus the other night, and his two goals, particularly his volley, * sake. Honestly one of the best goals Celtic have ever scored.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

If Hooper signs a new contract, that would be * outstanding.

6. Jungo

What age are you if you don't mind me asking ?

7. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Public grooming?:97:

8. Mr. Slippyfist

[​IMG]

9. Col

:56::56::56::56:

10. wulliebad

Would not believe a single word of it.
    1.its the sun
    2.hooper the midfielder

Enough said.

11. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Were there even any quotes in the s*n article?

12. TIM O'Brien

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hooperman
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough

There has been nothing to suggest he's not happy here... That is an outlandishly negative thing to say!

13. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

It's not a case of him being unhappy here. I think he's perfectly happy.

It's a case of him thinking the grass may be greener down South in the Premier League.

14. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    great if he signs a new deal. we all know he wants away but he has done well not to say anything in the public domain otherwise his price will plummet.

if he signs a deal i would want it heavily sensitised to put the ball in the net. no doubt he'll ask for a release clause to EPL clubs which i don't mind as long as it reflects his true value.

15. Heb Celt

Not really,we've not seen the Gary Hooper we seen in his first season.With his abilities he really should have got top SPL goal scorer last season.I just think we'd be better off with a new signing that's 100% committed to the lead striker role than a Hooper who's undecided if he's staying or going.He's one of my favorite players but that's just the way i see it.

16. joshbhoy88

He might be happy here but it'll never be enough for when he doesn't get called up by england. He's been superb for us but we need to sell him now if he wont sign a new contract.

17. ArmchairGeorge Gold Member Gold Member

cant help feel myself sort of annoyed with Hooper and the situation

I feel even if he stays i would of lost abit of trust in him, i know its mostly the media who make it worse but the way the whole situations panned out makes us look a small club,

Hooper would rather play for a bottom EPL club than the Scottish Champions in the Champions League?

None of its actually came from his mouth i know, but his attitude of walking around the park annoys me, what if he signs and decides by mid next season he wants to leave and hes back to walking around the park

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Didn't say I believe it either. No quotes whatsoever but the bit about him not wanting to go to Hull or another championship side makes sense, would be a waste. I will wait and see if he comes out and says anything.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    As the weeks pass the more likely I think it is now that he might sign a new contract,a month ago if that was said to me id have been in stitches and thought you were mental...

Its hard as good as we know hooper is trying to find a big club down south to take him,most won't take the risk and would rather spend big bucks on a big name(that goes for most of the epl top to bottom) and the more obvious links appear to have gone in my eyes,a few of them here...
    To Southampton(Adkins is gone would have moved there I think though)...
    Reading with Adkins but there relegated...
    Qpr would have gone but there relegated...
    Norwich also would have gone but they've spent well on van wolfswinkel and toivanen looks like going,so that's dead..
    Hull,think he knows they will most likely get relegated so that's a no goer to me...

There all the obvious likely links that he would have had for me but all look really unlikely now,he may well be looking at it thinking maybe I should sign a bumper new deal try and get a good run in Europe and you never know then make it known I'd like to leave next season...

Maybe it's still unlikely but there's abit more hope than ever before in my eyes,I would be delighted if he signed a new contract and he was back to his usual self,it's not like he's unhappy with the life at Celtic he seems to enjoy it up there is loved by Lennon and good pals with,ledley,Matthews,brown,forster and commons so a lot to think about!

20. ArmchairGeorge Gold Member Gold Member

it works both ways but, if he leaves on a free any big club would get him in if they were unsure on paying a transfer