1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Aiden McGeady,Merged.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by kennydal, Jul 20, 2010.

Discuss Aiden McGeady,Merged. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. markeyboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Tbh I dont mind him staying or going, if he stays he still have a quality player on our hands capable of being a matchwinner anytime, if he goes we get 10m to re-invest! Lovely jubbbly!

2. Mark

I think Aiden has to go soon if he wants to develop into the player we all think and hope he can be. He just won't develop enough in Scotland.

He wants to go and Celtic are prepared to sell him for at least £8 million, I've heard. I think he will be a Premiership player within a few weeks. If not, then he will probably go in January but I will be very surprised if he is here at the end of the season. Hope he does us a wee turn tomorrow night though before he goes!!

3. Dazzzdelux

Villa just turned down £20mil, which in my opinion millner isn't worth anyway.

I think he'll be staying at villa now. I don't think city are going to keep allowing themselves to be ripped off.

I'd be happy for mcgeady to stay if that's what he wanted but as he wants to go I'd rather he went

4. e9tims

mate i i live down south dont know any villa fans so i have to rely on chat rooms and forums and from what i can glean from the various posting and comments leave me with the impresion that they think its a very bad move for them, thair calling him maloney mark 2 most seam to prefer to see NZogbia come in than McGeady im not shore that MON would want the fans turning him and i think they would remember fans are fikle and McGeady in my oppinion would strugle to find a place in that villa team he,d more likely play of the bench as an impact player to start and then maybe if AY moves on and SWF doesnt join in some form of cash and player swap ive even herd that city are willing to offer ireland as well if that is the case then the move from celtic will be of and fro what i can see most villa fans would,nt be jucking up at the thought of loseing out on McGeady

5. Bhoy Brian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    In all fairness maloney cost them a million and they got that back and most fans woulda baulked at the money he paid for petrov but as he couldnt get a game to begin with but lok at him now as you see on heer fans rarely know better than the manager especially when its a player they dont know much of or isnt playing in one of the top leagues

6. pelethebhoy

they can give us cash and wright Phillips for mcgeady!

7. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
  8. JosiahBartlet

10 million is an absolutely ridiculous price for McGeady. Absolutely ridiculous.

9. OverandOver

but we'll take 11 no sweat :icon_mrgreen:

10. socbhoy

il be very very suprised if we get anywhere near the amounts being thrown about in the press especially from mon. i just cant see it . hope im wrong tho.

11. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'll believe it when I see it. McGeady obviously doesn't want to play for the hoops anyway.

Enjoy the Villa bench.

12. JosiahBartlet

:56:

13. gez

Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    A pray we can just get shot a him he's a one trick pony with a consistantly poor end product, a very weak shot & goal threat. 8 million is funny money for him so the way a see is its win win, especially as in my eyes we have a ready made more dangerous looking replacement in james forrest....mark ma words

14. brightoncsc

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    field of Athenry
    not seen much of forest but you seem to have a high opionion which is encouraging

15. socbhoy

just heard on radio clyde that spartak mosco has bid 9.5million for mcgeady and talks are at an advanced stage. fingers crossed its true.

16. Bamboozle

why on earth would he go there, silly move

17. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Throw in Pletikosa and they have a deal

18. OverandOver

was thinking that myself mate:50:

19. albashamrock

Spartak still want him according to SSN so maybe we can get a mini bidding war going.

20. NaiKoN

Spartak just signed Nicolas Martin Pareja and I hope McGeady will be next signing, as well Stipe will go to Celtic.
    Celtic for Stipe would be perferct place, he can't play in Russian beacause of that freaking limit. He didn't play in Russia for one year and I do hope he will be playing successfully for Celtic.