1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Aiden McGeady,Merged.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by kennydal, Jul 20, 2010.

Discuss Aiden McGeady,Merged. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Timmy10

Best teams in britain? Dont make me laugh. They will be lucky to get europa league next season. Theyll be 7th at best

2. sdickson

take it and buy lee wallace 2.5m,ivan ramis 1-2m,gallas free,ohara 1-2m,hooper 1-2m and push the boat out and an early xmas present for us bellamy

3. FlaviusMecurius

as long as it dosent darg on and on offer us the money and get him tae * quick we need to give lenny every opportunity to spend that windfall in strenghtening the team!

4. Silent Singer

errm wrong, how much did villa pay for delph from league 1? huge prospect.

they also bought ashley young for big money from watford.

5. Silent Singer

exactly what id do.:50:

6. pelethebhoy

If oneill rates a player, he will pay top dollar to get him in as he did at celtic and continued at villa.
    If milner goes and oneill wants mcgeady he will pay 10-12m rather than risk losing out on him.

7. kieranc

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    sell him imo, we have more than capable midfielders to step up & can make funds for other players etc...good for everyone:50:

8. pelethebhoy

If he does want to leave then sell him if its on our terms as we are not in the position where we NEED to sell, he has 3 years left on his contract and if someone wants him they will pay the going rate!!

Especially if oneill sells milner for the quoted 30 million.

9. dikthetim

exactly when did mcgeady ever say he wants to go? and how long now is it we been hearing that eck or martin bidding this or that for him there has not been one solid bid from either of them what are they waiting on? its all paper talk and as for bellamy why would he take a pay cut to come to the spl when he has a contract. and if by some miracle we did get 10 mill for mcgeady no way would the board give it to lennon

10. JnrBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik Maloney McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    10 million!? oh that would be soooo tempting, but! only if we get the lot to spend on other players.. FM lovers like myself can create CL finalist wi that! lol but in real life I think a decent CB and a natural goalscorer would be as far as it stretched...we'd probably get asked for more if the others teams thought for a second we could afford it.

11. Barry Robson

For 10 million i would sell sell sell NOW! Great piece of business which will benefit the team more than what mcgeady can. I like mcgeady and will be sad to see him leave but that money would strengthen the team as a whole.

Why are people saying Gallas? There is a reason why no one likes him, he is a * of the highest order, if he signed for Celtic i for one would never praise him and would hate the fact he wore a Celtic top! He might be a good defender but he would cause unrest in the dressing room, just like he did at Chelsea and Arsenal! Would have big Sol over him anyday!!

12. Karma

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I don't think McGeady has been quoted as wanting to go. But Neil Lennon has.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Bullshit story but although I am one of his biggest fans it's the price I would deal at.

We've been stung too many times by not selling when we should. Whilst Boruc has went from 10 million + to less than 2 and Henrik went from 15 million + to nothing (not that I would have sold him!) Boumsong and Cuellar were going for silly money off the back of 1 season in the SPL.

14. CelticGhirl13

Fav Celtic Player:
    stokes
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenrye, ynwa
    Do you have that quote by Lenny? I'm just curious because last thing I read, Lennon said Aiden hadn't precisely said he wants to leave but the 'vibe' was there or something like that. Just want to know if I'm out of the loop.

15. Magic_7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Oh the rangers are shite
    The money will go into the bank and we will get about 3m off it

16. ChristianH

Fav Celtic Player:
    Everyone who's wearing the Celtic shirt
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    When did Man City got their Milner bid rejected? In May?

I saw some comments by players about James Milners link with Manchester City, but there haven't been any concrete about Manchester City and James Milner for a longer period of time, and there's no evidence that proves Manchester City is still hunting James Milner. In the meantime they have brought other players. As David Silva as an example.

Many seems to think that McGeady gonna be a replacement for James Milner in Villa, and building their stories on that, but so far he's still a Aston Villa player.
    And even if it happens, it will take a while before both transfers can be dusted and done.

We can't wait forever when important games starts next week, and still need to do our homework before we could using the potential £10m. ourself.

17. stefthecelt

Great news :bbpd:

18. joemc

if we get past braga and mcgeady has played well and helped us then i can see him getting a move to whoever .

19. socbhoy

i do believe villa have been sniffing about mcgeady for a while but i dont believe the papers when they say villa are going to offer 10 million . they have just plucked a figure out the air because they know we turned down 8 million from spartak moscow and we said we wanted more this is just typical paper talk as usual . if it turns out to be true then great id bite the hands of them for it. if everyones being honest do u think mon will offer us 10 million for a player who has no end product. i doubt it. but il live in hope 10 million could get us a quality centre half and striker cos thats what we need desperately.

20. jokeybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Ynwa
    Same here mate I just don't see martin oneill paying us 10 mil for mcgeady.he will remember what happened when maloney went down there.also people mostly use the spl as a cheap option when signing players like wgs is doing now.