1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the **** are we selling our best players!!!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celticfc482, Jul 11, 2010.

Discuss Why the **** are we selling our best players!!! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JohnBhoyCfc1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper + Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Cant Get Enough + Hail Hail
    As I have always said, dont make your team worse, make it better.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

I noticed a few people saying Zaluska is only half the player that Boruc is.....yes because Boruc is a fat c**t:icon_mrgreen:

Seriously though...Boruc has been wanting away for a while Between transfer fee and wages saved(approx)£3m is good for player in last year of contract.
    Hinkel-wants away to bigger European league as his German national team ambitions have been squashed playing in SPL(man has said it himself), last year of contract...£2-3m...good deal
    McGeady.......If we are to get anywhere near £10m for the one-trick pony..i will quite happily shove him in a cannon, point him in the direction of his new club and fire him off!

3. Metlson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    As most people have said its basically what the players want and needs, and the clubs willing to let them have it which is great.

I love artur but i agree hes not as good as he used to be, and i agree that a change of league and clubs will benefit him

Many people say aiden is a one trick show pony, but really in the spl what he does works so he sticks to it, but if he makes the step up to the epl * be forced to modify his game if he wishes to be successful there, so basically hes trying to step his career up and become a more complete player. * do so by playing against stronger, and different opposition as well as working with new coaches and players

and yer id imagine hinkels trying to get into the national team, but i havent heard too much on the hinkel front so its more a wait and see.

the club and managers are trying to do whats in the best interest of the club and the players, and if players dont want to stay and play, they arent going to give you the best performance, its a better idea to not only make them happy as the moral of the club as a whole will be better if the players manager and board are able to work together to do whats best for everyone then, have one of the parties miserable, so yer the players get sold/leave basically in the best interests of everyone

4. Magic_7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Oh the rangers are shite
    Silly post

5. celticfc482

So what are peoples opinions now that we have sold Boruc and Mcgeady looks to be going, and we have no replacements or have not been rumoured for anyone now?

What will people be thinking if we ship out Boruc, Mcgeady and Hinkel and dont replace them by the end of the window?

6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Lenny aint daft his job depend's on the players he gets in and how they perform !

7. celticfc482

we have 2 weeks until our season starts and there are no rumours appart from juarez about us signing anyone and our current squad is embarassing

8. Shakethebarley

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Kayal, Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry, YNWA
    McGeady is on his way out? Where's the source?:97:

9. shughie

That is correct, but there is another factor in the equation, he wont have the last say, the board will! :87:

10. Ruxin

Although I am sad to see Boruc leave IMO Zaluska will step up and be a very good GK for us.

I have every confidence that Lennon will buy a suitable and able replacement for McGeady if he goes.

As for Hinkel, if he leaves we already have a replacement Ch Du Ri and also Caddis has potential to be a very good player and will be a competent backup to Ch Du Ri.

So although arguably it is some of our better players that are leaving I am not worried as I have full confidence in Lennon adding quality to our squad.

11. Artur Boruc 87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Come out you Black and Tans
    In Lenny we trust!

If he wanted to bring in Davie Weir, or Barry Ferguson he'd have my backing!

Cashing in on McGeady would probably be the right thing to do in order to improve the squad as a whole

He's not daft enough to punt someone on the boards say so, or to sell players he believes are crucial to success!

No man is bigger than the club, and regardless of who he sells or does not sell we need to get right behind the wee man

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010