1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Vuvuzelas to be sold at Parkhead

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Zander, Jul 1, 2010.

Discuss Vuvuzelas to be sold at Parkhead in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. irishbhoy72

The Club Will Regret this. Having enough trouble selling season tickets without this. I know plenty who will never set foot inside any ground that these things are allowed in. Now I'm all for the club raising money but 1 person sues us for damaged hearing (and they will) and it'll cost the club more than a 1 year loan deal for Bullard!!!

2. pLUSpISTOL

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ohhhhhhh no. At a South African World Cup it was part of the atmosphere. It's going to be a bit strange hearing them at Parkhead :/

3. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Vuvuzelas ban ,

6 English prem clubs in the space of two days have banned them , wonder if Celtic will now ban these and spoil the kids fun ,

4. DannyDBhoy

I just read it on bbc sport this minute and I think its so stupid banning them. what harm do they do?

5. pelethebhoy

they damage your ears, give you a sore head and have the adverse effect to why they were designed, they ruin the atmosphere!!

6. Lynchy88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc, McGeady, Lennon
    I can't help but think this was another way for the board to get money out of the fans by getting them to buy these things, then about 2 days before the season starts they ban them.

7. Markybhoy

They're * *. Ban the things. :38:

8. horseshoe

Can't believe so many people are getting wound up about this, you honestly think we were going to see them on same scale as the world cup? Watching the Man U game the other night, I think I heard one or two being blown a handful of times throughout, pretty sure that's the sort of thing we'd see at parkhead, certainly not the constant deafening drone for whole games like in Africa.

9. ooo

i tried to buy one out the celtic store but they said there was a manufacturing problem and had to be sent back to where they came from.

10. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

outlaw these plastic drones

11. shendr18

Seven Premier League football clubs have told fans not to bring vuvuzelas to their games when the new season gets under way next month.

<!-- VIDEO PLAYER START --> <!---->
    [​IMG] Arsenal's Theo Walcott and Tottenham's Gareth Bale, and a vuvuzela
    <!---->

The controversial horns provided the soundtrack to this summer's World Cup in South Africa - but they will not be welcome in north London.
    Tottenham Hotspur were first to post a message on their website confirming the ban, at the club's White Hart Lane stadium.
    It read: "We are concerned that the presence of the instruments within the stadium pose unnecessary risks and could impact on the ability of all supporters to hear any emergency safety announcements.
    <cut></cut>
    <!---->
    They make a horrible racket and I'm delighted Spurs have taken this stance.
    <cite> Spurs fan backs vuvuzela ban </cite>
    <!---->
    "We are very proud of the fantastic atmosphere that our supporters produce organically at White Hart Lane and we are all very much looking forward to this continuing into the forthcoming season."
    Within hours of Spurs announcing their intention to ban the vuvuzela, their north London rivals followed suit.
    A statement on Arsenal.com read: "Further to their hugely debated involvement at this summer’s World Cup Finals in South Africa, Arsenal Football Club has decided to forbid the use of vuvuzelas within Emirates Stadium with immediate effect.
    "The decision has been taken to ensure the enjoyment and safety of supporters on match days, which is of paramount importance to the club."
    The Premier League has so far refused to implement a widespread ban on the horns, leaving it up to individual clubs to decide for themselves.
    Sky News contacted all 20 Premier League clubs about their stance on vuvuzelas.
    Birmingham City, Everton, Fulham, Liverpool and West Ham United ansdsaid they have also banned the horns.
    Eight clubs - Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Stoke City, West Bromwich Albion, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Wigan Athletic and Aston Villa - were undecided.
    But Blackpool, Chelsea and Manchester City - while not wanting to encourage fans to use vuvuzelas at their grounds - said they have no plans to ban them.
    If the feedback outside White Hart Lane is anything to go by, fellow fans will quickly make known their views if anyone starts blowing the horns at matches.
    One fan said: "They make a horrible racket and I'm delighted Spurs have taken this stance.

Vuvuzelas Ban: Seven Premier League Clubs Tell Fans Not To Blow World Cup Horns During Matches | UK News | Sky News

12. Magic_7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Oh the rangers are shite
    Defo mate mate more money off of the puters the celtic way

13. adiadi

a mate of mine was at the world cup and said they really arent as annoying as they are on the tele apparently it adds to the atmosphere....

its worth a shot i suppose

14. Sebelon

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Celtic have really sold themself in this one. The main cause is not to get better atmosphere, the may want us to think that - the real cause is money. They think sell this to kids who watched the WC on the telly. It's a shame honestly, I fell sorry for season holders. But I reckon the hype will die and that the Vuvuzelas will die.

15. Celticbhoy111

I dont mind them to be honest. People rant against them but they didn't bother me at all during the WC. People making the most of nothing imo

16. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    noooooooooooooooooooooo

17. IrishMike1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy McCourt
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
  18. Celtic_Lass

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace, YNWA
    Is this the new era of singing? Pah, will never hear YNWA with those things. Nuisence.

19. shughie

Vuvuzelas are abominations! :47: :38:

20. Bozza

Fav Celtic Player:
    K T
    i'd rather hear the singin than that * buzzin noise.
    done my head in during the world cup.
    ban them.