1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

England - A Nation Expects

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Jollygreengiant, Jun 15, 2006.

Discuss England - A Nation Expects in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollygreengiant

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently Charlie Mulgrew===altime Jinky +Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If and I know its a big "IF" they get beat i will be absolutely delighted.

Arrogant Bassas deserve all they get.

Go TNT

2. Jungle Bhoy

Well Argentina, Brazil and a few other teams expect just as much as England do so why people only highlight England? They have every right to expect, great players and no point on going into a competition if you are not in it to win it.

3. Boro_Bhoy

because we dont hear Argentina and Brazil getting mentioned every single world cup game, and we dont hear Brazil shouting 1970, 2002 or Argentina shotuing 1986 1978 like England do about 1966

4. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    English media is a * take, anyone else noticed that EVERY single game so far during half time or pre-match England are constantly mentioned with interviews of Frank Lampard being aired during Argentina - Ivory Coast?? Whats all that about??

5. Szuwar

Fav Celtic Player:
    ex: Henke, Lubo, current: Boruc, McGeady, Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    off topic

you're laughing at Poland... and now I'll laugh at England... yes... England have much better players than Poland but I'm watching the game now and again I must say english supporters are tragic! everything they do is "booo" and "awww" sometimes. Oh yes... they're chanting... "england england" two times in the first half. Have you watched yesterday game? Have you heard polish supporters were louder many times than germans?
    *... england? you can't even call this supporting...

do you remember these disrespectful words by Boruc about theatre? He's lucky he doesn't play in premiership :)

6. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Mate, I absolutely despise England BUT I must say your supporters yesterday were disgraceful.. Over 50 Polish arrested after throwing missiles at German fans and the police, thats not football its a joke.

7. jjcsc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Polish Hooligans

Considering the bad blood between the two teams its no wonder the Polish attack Germans.

Id sooner see them at that than attacking gypsies.

While they are a hooligan element, probably pro-Hitler if he was around today, Id tolerate them more than the :31: English ones, who are pure dominant Old Empire:38: scum.

8. Jungle Bhoy

Well a few members of this site can no longer call Rangers fans biggots.

9. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Mate its things like that which * me off.. Its FOOTBALL, who gives a flying * what happened in the war or about Hitler, why do people always bring * like that up? If you want to be a historian then have fun, I just dont see the point in bringing wars and * from the history into it.

Bottom line is the Polish fans who did it are scum and dont support their national team, just stupid *.

10. Szuwar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm not saying about bandits... I'm saying about supporters.
    This 50 idiots was a drop in the sea...

11. Szuwar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    by the way... can you give me a source of this story? because I can't find it on the net I haven't heard about it on the radio or tv...

12. Szuwar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wow... I've just found one about 20 english supporters arrested... :56:

BTG... the only digraceful thing are your words that polish supporters are disgraceful... think about those thousand TRUE supporters... don't you think it's not fair to call them like that? This is joke my friend...

If I would think like you I'd find one welshman who killed somebody and call all welsh killers...

so stop talking * like that...

besides when i was sayin that english supporters are tragic I was sayin abou the MAJORITY and about the thing that i've seen... when you were talking about 50 polish quasi supporters you were talking about MINORITY

you know I was talking about how to support the team and you've just found any reason to kick poles *... this is disgraceful my friend

I'm really * off... calling thousands FANTASTIC polish supporters like that was not a good idea... I'll say it again... watch our games again... and watch this FANTASIC support and think twice about that what you've said

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2006
  13. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

sorry my scottish, welsh and irish mates. thats an european mainland thing. there are still lots of problems with neo-nazis. its correct, when you are in germany, its about the football game. but as soon as somebody insults you as "dirty xy", its getting personal.

i wouldnt name the poles disgrace, because a) there were not only poles involved, and b) we dont know what really happened, why there were fights etc

14. lapsbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Russel Latapy
    was a joke between germany and poland!! teams should be responsible for fans, germany and poland should be thrown out of the competition!! learn 2 stabilise ur fans before u enter the park in my opinion

as for england, i dont like how the press go on about 66 , or * england all the time!! though england is a nation that expect, and because ITV and BBC are english tv companies, is the reason we see it all the time

go to brazil or argentina!! im sure we see the equivelant to wat we have here, in there countries!! the press will be all over brazil, every channel like bbc/itv they countries have, they will discuss brazil and argentina

15. BB Banned!

thats because you dont live anywhere near any of them places.

16. BB Banned!

Hear Hear.....

I have seldom seen such bigotry.

17. Szuwar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What about 20 english fans arrested?
    Besides you don't need to throw out us of the competition. we're already out.

here's my message to all these guys who whink polish supporters are disgraceful:

i'm really shocked by your thinking. it's not the way of thinking that i've expected from people on this forum...

50 polish * was arrested because there was a fight and you're talking * about polish supporters now, you say they're disgraceful etc...

thinking like that makes biggotry... you're basing you'r opinion on the MINORITY and you see MAJORITY as a scums...

when somebody (i don't remember who) has written here few weeks ago about the polish familly attacked in the NI i've said that THESE guys who did it are *. I was NOT saying citizens of NI are * or protestants are *!

You're basing your opinion on minority. It's not fair and it makes unfair prejudice and preconception :38:

If you want to call anybody a bigot think twice if you're not a bigot aswell.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2006
  18. lapsbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Russel Latapy
    hey mate settle urself, i agree any fans involved in any sort of violence or hooliganism when a tournament is on. then the teams should be punished

19. Szuwar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    i'm not a lawyer... i don't know who should be punished... but in my opinion punishment should be reserved for the criminals (and yes... these 50 guys are probably criminals)...

but as I've said i'm not a lawyer... maybe you're right and I've never said you're wrong. it's not your opinion what made me angry... it's calling polish supporters disgraceful because some 50 * was fighting... i'm not a lawyer but I don't have to be to know it's NOT fair...

20. Szuwar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    try to put yourself in my position man... it really hurts me...polish sups were outstanding... even german press has written they're the best in WC so far... why thousands of TRUE polish supporters has to pay because of a group of criminals?

so maybe let's call all germans fascists, all arabs terrorists etc...

it's not fair

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.