1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Brigade Vs Police/Stewards

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Colin Healy CSC, Mar 27, 2010.

Discuss Green Brigade Vs Police/Stewards in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :50: too many moany faced muppets and power hungy stewards are ruining the atmosphere

2. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Spot on with this bit.

I remember going to my first game,in the Celtic end with my big brother....after a couple more visits i persuaded him to take me to the jungle,tony mowbrays debut v aberdeen....think i was only 12....but it was a special atmosphere.

Even when we used to watch games on rte (Irish television)...the songs,the craic,the banter from the fans was first class.

This has gone,and we only get a good atmosphere on european nights ( depending on how we are playing )...the atmosphere v huns is pretty poor these days..maybe this will change if we start getting results against them,but thats not how it should be.

3. kennydal

Seems a lifetime past ,Bob.

4. albashamrock

Completely agree. I remember the days when we didn't need groups to try and create an atmosphere. Now if they do they seem to be victimised.

5. celtic_bhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjälby
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I had a birdseye view of the incident. From what I gathered with the Dortmund fan (not sure if he was German or just had the Dortmund scarf on) he reacted to the stewards throwing out the three guys beside him. Heated words were exchanged but nothing that I could see that deserved him to be thrown out. He even apologised but the stewards and police had made their mind up. He refused to leave and sat down until two police grabbed him. Then all the fans ran down and blocked the exit for about 10 mins.

Almost every match something happens down there and it's getting worse and worse. The stewards are getting heavy handed and it's not going to end well.

As for the Green Brigade, i'm not a big fan but fair play to them. The never reacted to being pushed and shoved. They just stOOd their ground and sung.

6. paul-r-cfc

I dont normally defend the green brigade for reasons i cba going over again but I will today

Guy gets dragged out by THREE police for singing basically after the whole game was spent by the stewards picking random young guys to kick out - going for the guys least likely to do anything about it is scummy as *

7. P R D

A bunch of boozed-up weans meet the police. I'd be more suprised if chaos didn't break out.

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The stewards have to follow the rules their management has given and have to follow ridiculously politically correct health & safety rules but I agree with you both. They can be a bit of a joke at times. I liked the banner that was put up in the south west corner today, it said 'Football fans, not criminals'. I feel that stewards stifle the atmosphere at games. A more lenient approach should be adopted.

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Correct, and even just ten years ago it was a much better atmosphere.

10. marsh22

fans were going down to sit in the empty seats in front. when got there the german fan was ejected which made it look like they where confroting them. as for the hassle this was started by stewards who took the lhe lad out spoke to him in exit let him go. came back to confront him again with about 10 stewards.took so much abuse then went back to exit to send up the plod wh ich about 8 of them came up ps the fisrt guy ejected where it all started from not a gb member

11. doctor venglos

Some of those stewards are Huns at 111 especially the big obese female senior steward with the blonde hair.

She is just itching every week to get her mitts on Celtic fans :31:
    It's getting beyond a joke up there at 111.

12. Col1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Johnstone, Lennox, Dalglish,McStay,Moravcik,Larsson,Naka,McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wullie Maley, Fields of Athenry
    You pay peanuts , you get monkeys ! These stewards are paid like 10 or 20 quid per match, they are given a set of instructions and are not bright enough to think for themselves or interpret those instructions themselves. Only way to sort this , is for the GB or other groups to speak to the club. It is the clubs safety officer who is ultimately responsible. Shocking situation though !

13. RossMcG

I could see it from my seats today but the stewards only make situation 100 times worse and they wind up all support thinking they have authority which they cleary do not have i think there a shambles to be honest. MON THE HOOPS:shamrock:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2010
  14. sboyd79

I sit in 139 JS Lower and we have the heavy blonde supervisor aswell. She loves the sound of her own voice & is always mouthing off at folk.

Today Crosas was warming up when a kid (Bout 5 years old) in the front row shouted him over. Crosas came over & the kid squeezed through that fence type thing & got his picture taken with him.

The blonde went nuts and tried to break up the picture just to have Crosas tell her to go away. After it the dad off the boy got so much abuse from the blonde.

Loved the Football fans banner today

15. doctor venglos

The hun stewards were a disgrace :47:. I lost count of the amount of people who got ejected. Their treatment of the man in the red jacket (might have been a Stockholm fan) was shocking, he done absolutely nothing wrong from what i could see. I think thats what sparked the walk down the stairs. It was an utter disgrace :87:

16. beanhead

fairplay to the green brigade

17. mickbcfc

thats why the atmosphere at parkhead is * these days because of the police and stewards u r not even allowed to swear at the games anymore

18. Redbaz

clarified
    <HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #34973d; COLOR: #34973d" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Young boy off our bus said,a boy was singing on his own and was told to shut up,but carried on,stewards went to throw him out but green brigade ran down the stairs and blocked them from ejecting him,they are either doing this as most are huns,because we have had runins with them in carpark,or it is a directive from CP so maybe you are needing to get it clarified from them,and it wasn't IRA songs.

19. kennydal

I really think Celtic must be approached to see why this is going on ,its coming from somewhere so start with them .

Who is the stewards run by ,are they the Rock Steady mob.

20. doctor venglos

Naw

Its Protectevent, the steward company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.