1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v Cliftonville (13th Oct)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by skidrick, Oct 12, 2009.

Discuss Celtic v Cliftonville (13th Oct) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dannycfc1888

u are * joking me right

2. ruzzle76

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubomir moravcic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    the willy maley song
    no dannycfc he wasnt joking

3. OC

Oh, sorry, it was Cliftonville 0:3 Celtic.:rolleyes:

Of course I'm not, our reserve squad lost 3:0 there, is it so hard to believe? I was surprised when I came on and saw that, but we're full of surprises, so I'm used to it.

4. dannycfc1888

and we play hamburg next week eh anyone thinking what im thinking

5. OC

Don't, just don't...

6. lisbonlion11

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We'll tank them?

:50:

7. Hoopy07

Fav Celtic Player:
    Arthur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenrye
    Aye 8-0 Hamburg :56:

8. Hadouken

Good times.

9. groundhopper200

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2009
  10. Mark

I can't believe some of the comments on here about this game.

1) It was a FRIENDLY
    2) There are a number of U-19 players in that team

Give them a break. Cliftonville would have been right up for it against what is probably a number of fourth or fifth choice players in the pecking order at Celtic.

Sure it's not a great result but come on!! It was a youth side complimented by players out of the first team picture completely.

11. celticnuts!

Fav Celtic Player:
    mc geady & broony
    just seen the match in full there holy *! that wuz embarrising to watch as a supporter and i hope the players feel the same after a performance like that against an irish league team. im not slating the irish league because ive been to a fair few games in the past but i found it hard to watch the standard of football but we should be well capable of sending over a team to beat teams like clifftonville who by the way played us off the park! dont forget we had zaluska, robson, crosas, zheng z, mizuno out there tonite, young mcgowan has no chance of making it , the two centre backs were terrible and after watching crosas tonight im afraid to say is not what we think he is hope im wrong! the commentator asked lou mc caurai which celtic players stood out and could make it into the first team and he couldnt name one,:52: if this is the future * help us! :47:

12. Aussie334

friendly or not these are professional players, and professional players should be up for every game and want to win every game. We just got shamed by a team full of bus drivers, laborers, accountants and shop owners. DISGRACE. Im not blaiming TM but like every business the head man is ultimately responsible for everything beneath him, Lennon would be told to mirror TM's system and style of play. So if things around the club dont start improving by Jan then he is fully responsable. Currently he is inflexable on his system and doesnt play to the strengths and resources he has, hopefully he will learn and become a great manager for us. We need to start looking at the best overseas youth talent to come throu the ranks in the future, Asia, Africa, US and my own Aust (which is largely untouched, and a quickly growing football nation, with players that are hard as nails, and just wanna win no matter what). Currently the talent in the UK is being snatched up by cashed up EPL clubs.

13. BrotherW

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk Alone
    Well Bhoys
    I am dominic from belfast and a fanatic my blood runs green and white. I have only been over to one match this season was the draw against Dundee United. I was convinced that celtic are in for a tough season with the show they have been putting on now only one point in the europa group stages and beaten by a bad rangers side. I wonder!

I was at the cliftonville and celtic game last night in belfast. Cliftonville are the oldest team in ireland and aswell have a shamrock for there badge the only catholic side in the irish leauge. They are all part time footballers an all have other jobs during the day. Well I was in for celtic stuffing them even though it was a friendly. I watched robson and zaluska and mizuno and xhi all on the team and thought great. Well cliftonville beat them 3-0 and not one of the younsters shined in any way and no of them looked great for celtic. Does celtic have good youth coming through under niel lennon does he know what he is doing?

I would like peoples input.

Also it was a good gesture that celtic played here because it helped cliftonville with there money problems.

14. nlrlad1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing/This land is your land
    Just read the signature!
    I cant believe that derry city pulled out because of the squad celtic wer sending either way look at the income they wer recieving for the game!

15. ronan cfc

shocking display when does a reserve game get televised?there big chance to shine with mogga there and they blew it josh thompson the answer:rolleyes: aye right! total pish crosas should have staked a claim to get first team action well * him! and that geriatric robson!mizuno can * off aswell! incase you didnt notice im fumin'

16. Dr.Nick

as weak as the german league is at the moment, the scottish league still aint gotta patch on it. the austrian an israeli leagues are much weaker than the german. hamburgs two new young strikers they signed durin' the summer cost around 18-20 million euro's between them, now im not sayin they are wonderfull or anything, although i do think berg is class, and elia is meant to be very good, the point is we cant spend that type of money over a few seasons never mind in one summer on a new young rotated strikeforce. and i know they sold de jong to man citeh for a crazy fee but they also signed 4 or 5 other players. i hope your right about the six points, i really do. i would be happy with 4, but i think unfortunatly its more likely to be 0 or 1. :54: im sorry for being so pessimistic but seriously did you see us against vienna or tel-aviv, if we play like that against hamburg or even half as bad we will be beatin twice.

17. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Reality check!!!!!!!!
    ye it was only a friendly but when you wear the hoops thats another matter!

we cant take anything away from cliftonville they were like little terriers and wanted
    that win, well done to them...

Positives well i only saw 2 and it was Robbo i thought he done alright first 45 but was hounded and the right back, forget his name but he was getting forward alright
    minuno he tried hard but was pushed off the ball to easy
    negitives zz was utter * and did not look like he wanted to be there ffs

the future is now get this pish and wind sorted....

18. McDonald_7

Fav Celtic Player:
    the holy goalie!+, aidinho
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Mabey Derry didn't know the excitment and overreaction it would cause by beating a very weak Celtic side. Or didn't want to rip fans off by facing a side weak enough to lose to Cliftonville.

Scannell better than Samaras ......:56: I suppose Connelly's better than Artur aswell get him signed up!

19. nlrlad1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing/This land is your land
    John Connelly is Irelands Number 1.

Well so the cliftonville fans chant every game.

or the other song!

Posh spice beckham, she has a hairy * and when shes * beckham she thinks of John Connelly!!

He was the Republic of Ireland U-21 Keeper!