1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Donati

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by b1gs341, Aug 19, 2009.

Discuss Donati in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. b1gs341

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Boruc, Maloney, Caddis
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail, YNWA
    Did he complete a pass all night? :31:

2. bigfeet24

No...... wanted to much time on the ball.............. mind you neither did our 10million pound midfielder Scott Brown!!! we misd Naka, we would have retained alot more possession and completed alot more passes if he was still about, rarely did he waste a ball

3. BigGBo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Thought Donati and N'Guemo played really well in the first half, some decent passing and superb workrate. His game totally collapsed 2nd half although some of the passing into him by Caldwell with 3 men surrounding him was truly shocking. Problem for Donati is when the fans get on his back his confidence plummets majorly. Not the worst player on the park, hes had a good start to the season so I aint jumpin on his back.

4. gunt

I hope its not too expensive waiting for Tony Mowbray to come to the same realisation that WGS and all Donatis previous clubs have come to about him. His long passing flatters to decieve and is simply not Celtic standard. I hope it does not take Donati crumbling in the first OF game before he realises that.

5. Bhoy Brian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We played well last night and apart from some * luck we werent under pressure the whole game and we had some chances so Im sorry picking on any players is a little unfair when you take into account who they were up against

6. currie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    agree about hes not celtic standard, only seen the 2nd half his passing was poor and when someone made a pass to him he stood and waited on the ball to come to him and Arsenal players easily got the ball from him (school play ground errors) he must have realised after 45mins not to wait on the ball- dont get me wrong not the only player to do it and we were up against a brillant footballing team but still c'mon

7. IrishSession

Should give him ago in cb for a few games... Ya never know he could be the player to solve our cb woes which imo is a position we have needed to fill for a while now...

8. stevenh1983

He only got 10 mins in the second half before he was unfairly subbed.
    He and NGuemo where great in the first half and we at least he had a decent midfield to build attacks from. he played much better than Scott Brown and takes a lot of unfair criticism. Some of the the treatment by some of the "fans" when he makes the slightest of errors is ridiculous.
    Brown gets away with playing poorly and off form whereas Donati tried his heart out in the first half.

One example is in the first half he made a lot of crunching tackles and was getting upset when the idiot of a ref kept giving Arsenal everything.
    Come the second half there was a challenge where he was unlikely to get the ball and he was heavyily criticised for not going into the challenge fully.
    He can't win and is done no favours by some of the supporters.
    It seems that since Naylor left the team and they haven't liked Donait in the past he is the new scapegoat, crazy attitude and it really annoys me.

9. currie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Donati is not Celtic Class- simple

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    if donati aint celtic class then their is like six players in the team that aint celtic just have to put up with it

11. stevenh1983

Sorry but I still disagree with your well thought out response.
    You are basing your argument on 10 mins of play and I think that's ridiculous he was very good in the first half, you never saw this so obviously can't comment.

12. Kerr_OConnor

Fav Celtic Player:
    was petrov but now McManus
    aye he had a good first half but i felt he let his head go down in the 2nd and he never recovered from that.

13. stevenh1983

The reason being Caldwell played a pass up to him which was shocking(something he did for most of the game) and Donati lost possession resulting in dogs abuse from Caldwell.
    He shouldn't have let that get to him but he did, I hope he learns from tonight and goes on to play well in the future.

14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    either way you will need to get used to him better than crosas and i think we will sell broony now we are goin out cl we need the money basically

15. joshybabes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Marc Crosas
    lol, who was at the game?

16. stevenh1983

I was :)

17. currie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Agree that in a short space of time I shouldnt be commenting on him but what he did do in that 10mins was awful, passing poor and too arsenal players, waiting on the ball, pulling out of tackles which nearly cost us a goal. Think 3 points is a explaination of why I think he is not Celtic Class. Also the way he played last year.

However I did see all the Aberdeen game and he did play well but thats Aberdeen.

18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    have to say he has never actually had a bad game at pittodrie must love the place lol

19. paulmitchell

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown, Crosas, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He started the second half poorly and anyone could see he was going to be taken off, in the first half though I think he done well and broke up a few Arsenal moves, he didnt do any worse than the rest of our midfield.

20. rossco2k8

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Agreed :icon_mrgreen: