1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

McGeady for the Republic 2nite

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by BigGBo, Aug 13, 2009.

Discuss McGeady for the Republic 2nite in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. die_hard_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields
    espn singled mcgeady out for accolades among a fairly horrid irish team

2. morganbartlett

was i watching the same game, mcgeady played excellent get of his back *

3. Jay Harkin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

correct hammer, I never miss an ireland game and let me tell you mcgeady irish career started off poorly but defo in the last 2years he has been one of our more consistent players. A threat going forward and defo a nuisence for the defence to handle. * off with people slating aidan every week when hes one of ireland and celtics best players. Then as soon as he plays a blinder everyone on here claiming hes the next ronaldo. bunch of hypocriates if you ask me :31:

4. Jay Harkin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

your a clown :38:

5. Jack.Cfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc & McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Agreed. he does the same * trick all the time and the defenders know it aswell. his crossing is bad and his shooting is terrible. he's too greedy on the ball and doesn't play the simple pass. he just isnt as good as he used to be tbh.

6. mairilouise

I cant think of the last game he had for Celtic either!!!! 1 season wonder!!

7. Needtoknow

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady/VOH/Maloney/Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    What a joke, McGeady bashing again. I was at the game and the only time the crowd got into it was when McGeady got the ball. What does he have to do for some of you Muppets. Is there a flare player in the world that has 100% productivity. He was the only one that tried to do anything positive with the ball. Irelands best player by far and if he wasn't please tell me who was better? Muppets!:31:

8. JamieBhoy1888

I watched the game last night and thought that he had a decent first half but fell away in the second. everyones got to remember that the season hasn't even started yet so all players will be a bit off the pace and it was a friendly, when was the last time any player tried their hardest during a friendly match.

Everyone should get off McGeady's back until the end of the season and then judge him. that should go for all players. :47:

9. kevtun1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Did anyone hear the commentators. Im an Irish guy and I wish he had chosen Scotland because the abuse he gets from Irish commentators is unbelievable. He is an awesome player and not 1 player played well last night. Shambolic defending was the problem not McGeady.

10. Kerr_OConnor

Fav Celtic Player:
    was petrov but now McManus
    he really needs to sit out. Time spent on the bench will do him no harm. It will give him time to reassess what he is doing wrong and what he isnt doing right.

11. KK-Bhoy

Palm. Face.

12. boruclegend

the very few postives that ronnie whelan picked out on rte (irish tv station) after the match was how well mcgeady played the way he was tacking on players and his passing was very good and ronnie whelan said himself that he is critcal of mcgeady in the past but said his performance last night was very good. some people would want to stop constantly bashing mcgeady and i think mowbray will get the best out of mcgeady this season

13. Barry Robson

I dont really care what our players do for ther countries, as long as they do the business for us then its all good.

14. celtic123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgeady, Brown, Mccourt
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, let the people
    why is everyone so critical of the players on this... its unreal the amount of stick you give them especially mcgeady. like yous are only happy when wer winnin or players playing great fair enough who wouldnt be happy but wer supposed to help our players out when there not playin well do you think if mcgeady and other players who are playin off will be able to get back up to scrath if there own fans are throwing abuse at them.. to be honest i watched the whole match and the only 2 irish players that seemed to be playing well was mcgeady and duff so its in my opinion unnesscesary the stick he is getting

15. celticfc482

Any time a player has one bad performance there is always people who are ready to have a go at them and saying get them out, Caldwell and now McGeady, he is only 23 far from the end product, yes there are superstarts at his age but then theres other guys with talent but need some guidance he is one of them he will get better no doubt, people just want to have an excuse to get players out the club, fact is hes one of the best at celtic and if he goes there is noone who can beat a guy like him

16. McNaka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, sends chills up my spine
    McGeadys been stringing in a lot more than one bad performance.
    That said, I only caught the last 40m of the game being discussed. From what I saw he looked his typical no-end-product self, but I'm no expert on Ireland NT either.

17. Tim{e}4ten

Fav Celtic Player:
    ever--john collins
    Fav Celtic Song:
    4 leaf clover
    Slated for not being outstanding in an international friendly,,when the opening game of the season up at the mutton molestors is coming up...He's got bigger fish to fry this weekend,,we can judge him seriously then..

18. KK-Bhoy

When commentating for Sky Sports he went on a rant, as he does every match, about how McGeady's end product has to be a lot better.

He's right.

19. AmericanCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Skippy, JVoH, McCourt, Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    As usual, after an international game there's always a few players that take a beating. Point is, let's see how he does tomorrow.

20. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Ireland get beat and Aiden gets singled out.

Remind you of a Scottsh team? :rolleyes: