1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    Westwood, Snoddy - aye
    Sadlok, Wendt - dunno
    Borja - not a chance in *
    Kyrgiakos - get yrsel to * immediately!

2. Heisenberg

[​IMG]

Schmeichel - £2m
    Taarabt - £5m
    Faye - free

3. Stuboy

Think Taarabt would be tremendous however because QPR got promoted think this is unlikely now however we can hope :86:

4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    would love Schmeichel and if Leeds don't get promoted i think we could get him for around £2m. Faye, i am unsure of as age isn't on his side. made me laugh when you suggested Taarabt. if he leaves QPR he'll be heading to a top 6 EPL team and won't give us a thought. he will probably cost a bit more than £5m as well.

5. Conor1994

I don't think Hooper is a cert to start next season. If we get Long and/or Huseklepp, Hooper might not be the first name on the team-sheet like he is at the moment.

6. T.Rogne25

I think your over-rating Long by a long shot if you think he's better than Hooper mate.

If we signed Huseklepp though, it would give us major options.

7. T.Rogne25

Me and you like the same type of player :50:

I would be delighted with this business in the summer. Easier said than done though, most of these players I have suggested/going to suggest.

8. Conor1994

I think he's at least as good as Hooper. I watch them both a lot, so I don't think I'm over-rating Long.

9. T.Rogne25

Long is a good player don't get me wrong but I don't think he is as good as Hooper.

I don't like how Long dives every time he gets a tap on the heel and sometimes he doesn't even get a tap. A lot of Long's goals have been penalties this season as well. I don't think he links up very well.

He's got pace to burn though and has a great leap for a small man. I still think he isn't very good in front of goal as he needs about 2-3 shots at goal to hit the target.

Don't want to get into an argument with you mate as I agree with most things you say.

10. Conor1994

His link-up play isn't the best to be fair, but his crossing is very good. Either way, I hope we get him.

11. format

Demba Ba from West Ham when they go down. Worth a shout? Not sure about his wages though.

12. cfciano1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    :50:

This is the SQUAD we have just now: (added the players we have signed - pre-contracts)

GK: Forster/Cervi/Zaluska
    RB: Wilson/Cha/Matthews/Hinkel
    CB: Majstorovic/Hooiveld/Thompson/K.Wilson
    CB: Mulgrew/Loovens/Rogne/O'Dea
    LB: Izaguirre

RM: Forrest/McGinn
    CM: Ledley/Ki/Ljungberg
    CM: Brown/Juarez/Maloney/Kayal
    LM: Commons/McCourt

ST: Hooper/Samaras/Murphy/Rasmussen
    ST: Stokes/Hutchinson/McGowan

all agree it's something like that? (exc. some youth players?)

This is the SQUAD I would go with:

GK: Schmeichel/A.McCarthy/Westwood
    RB: Wilson/Matthews
    CB: Majstorovic/Cetin/Rogne
    CB: Mulgrew/Vlaar/Wilson
    LB: Izaguirre/Olsen

RM: Castro/Forrest
    CM: Kayal/Eremenko/Ki
    CM: Ledley/Brown/J.McCarthy
    LM: Commons/Larssen

ST: Hooper/Davies/Makukula
    ST: Stokes/Dembele/Shechter

so my dream summer business will be:

OUT: Forster, Cervi, Zaluska, Cha, Hinkel, Hooiveld, Loovens, Thompson, O'Dea, McGinn, Ljungberg, Maloney, Juarez, McCourt, Samaras, Murphy, Rasmussen, Hutchinson, McGowan

TOTAL: 19 players - maybe about £10-15 million and a lot of wages?

IN: A.McCarthy, Schmeichel, Westwood, Cetin, Vlaar, Olsen, Castro, Eremenko, J.McCarthy, Larssen, Davies, Makukula, Dembele, Shechter

TOTAL: 14 players - maybe about £15-20 million?

KEEP: M.Wilson, Matthews, K.Wilson, Majstorovic, Mulgrew, Rogne, Izaguirre, Forrest, Ledley, Ki, Brown, Kayal, Commons, Hooper, Stokes

TOTAL: 15 players

I know all of this is optimistic but I would be happy even if half these deals go through, and I know that the board probably wouldn't spend £15-20 million, but if we get into Europe and manage to get good prices for our players equalling this total who knows :50: also, these players are on a free: Castro, Larrsen, Westwood so I think they would be great deals! This would also cut down our very large squad and we have a few youngsters coming through aswell!

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2011
  13. T.Rogne25

Please phone Lenny with this!

14. Bhoys Abroad

Potential Bosmans for Summer 2011:

Jose Boswinga (RB)
    John Carew (STR)
    David Vaughn (MID)
    Seamus Coleman (MID)
    Diomansy Kamara (MID)
    Michael Owen (STR)
    Jonathon Spector (DEF)
    Matthew Upson (DEF)
    Michael Kightly (MID)
    David Navarro (DEF)
    Philippe Mexes (DEF)
    Cesar Delgado (MID)
    Taye Taiwo (DEF)
    Hamit Altintop (MID)
    Miroslav Klose (STR)
    Thimothee Atouba (DEF)

Source:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...-season-bosman-list-all-the-players-available

15. Stuboy

m8 I would love this, Demba Ba would rip up the SPL. Huge fan of the bundesliga, with the form he was in for Hoffenheim i was surprised that he took a move to a lower EPL team like West Ham or his name was mentioned with Stoke.

I would be slightly cautious though failed medicals with Stuttgart and Stoke in. Is this why none of the big boys came calling?

On the topic of german football someone I've thought looks really good is Sami Allagui of Mainz 05. Used sparingly as a sub this season, can play - not unrealistic I think this boy would be immense in the hoops - any thoughts?

16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    absolutely ludicrous. dream world. a fantasy. you want a total of 14 players to come in? well there goes a settled squad. furthermore, when was the last time we spent £15m-£20m in a transfer window?

i do agree with the majority of departures. people seem to be short sighted in regards of their opinion of Maloney. he's an outstanding player for half a season. our squad is much better with Maloney in it than without him. and Juarez should and i think will be given another year to prove himself.

what i think we'll have next year of the current squad...

Goalkeepers
    Cervi
    maybe Zaluska

Wingbacks
    M. Wilson
    Matthews
    Izaguirre

Centre Backs
    K. Wilson
    Majstorovic
    Rogne
    Mulgrew

Wingers
    Maloney
    Commons
    Forrest
    Brown

Centre Midfielders
    Kayal
    Ki
    Ledley
    Juarez

Strikers
    Hooper
    Stokes
    Samaras (unfortunately)

going on the base that we need two players for every position, we're already there in the majority of the squad. we will only see 4 or 5 new players in bar K. Wilson and Matthews. this will only change if one of our players i listed above moves on.

imo we need a number one goalkeeper, a striker and a centre back. if we have anything left over or they're available on Bosmans a left back and maybe a versatile player who can play in centre midfield and on the wing.

my dream signings would be:
    Schmeichel - £2m
    Shechter/Ba - £2.5m
    Ramis - £3m
    Koikili - Free
    J. McCarthy - £6m (but well probably get Eremenko - £1m)

depending on Leeds Utd failing to get promotion and Wigan getting relegated, £13.5m spent on my dream summer but we'll probably get Eremenko instead of J. McCarthy which means £8.5m.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2011
  17. cfciano1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I didn't say once that we SHOULD get 14 players in, what I said was IF maybe half of the deals were done in the summer, I would say we would have a VERY strong squad. Building a team is a long process, I again have not said all of the deals should be done THIS summer but if we have a squad like I have mentioned lets say in the next couple of years, I would be very happy! You have said maybe about 4/5 players to come in, I would say the same, but I was simply recommending the players that I would like to have in the squad. The players I would most like to see come in are:

Westwood - Free
    Schmeichel - £2m
    Cetin - £3m
    Olsen - £3m
    Larrsen - Free
    Eremenko - £1m
    Davies/Shechter - 500k/£2m

So, as I said about 6/7 players. I would say we will get rid of our keepers Cervi and Zaluska, I would like to say that we would keep Juarez but I only said sell him because I don't see us buying the likes of Eremenko if we dont sell a midfielder. Maloney is another one, I think he is magnificent but his wages will be quite high and for a player that can only stay fit for 20 odd games a season I dont think is worth it and a player like Eremenko would be better - thats my opinion!

Lennon has already brought in 18 players (youth and first team) in his first season, and I am sure he will be wanting to continue buying HIS own players rather than having Mowbary/Strachan's (Likes of McGinn/McCourt/Loovens/Hooiveld ect...) so yes, I can see 6/7, maybe even 8/9 players coming in this summer. Everyone says sell Hooiveld, Loovens, Samaras, ect... surely then if we sell we have to then buy to make up the numbers?

Finally, on the point of money I think we will only spend what we get, as with the McGeady money we got just about our whole team. So, if we manage to get £10m/15m from the sales of our players I would not be surprised if we spend about the same

18. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'm really curious about the Israeli boy Shecther. Leagues such as Israel, Belgium, Romania etc aren't as bad as people think and there must be some quality in there. Think I read Shecther scored a few in the Champions League so he must be worth a go at a couple of million.

19. lethal_kizzle

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy McCourt, Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Andreas Granqvist is in our range.

He has a fair bit of pace compared to the rest of our Centre-halves, solid defensively and is very strong in the air at both ends of the pitch. He's scored 11 this season and 6 last season which is outstanding for a centre back. He's also a Swedish international so him and Maj would play well together.
    He's 26 and won't cost a lot of money. He is playing for FC Groningen in Holland.

Dusan Tadic also plays for FC Groningen also looks like he could be some player but we seem pretty strong on the wings so I would add to the squad in Centre-Back, GK and Up-front before buying wingers.

20. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    yakubu heard on the Radio Everton could sell him for a cut price 3million would well be worth a punt at that would be excellent in the spl and could be vital in Europe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.