1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d-mcmanus1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Super Hooper!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry/Willie Maley

quite a good shout tbh, considering blackburn only payed £3.5 million for him i dont think we'd have to pay near that, great shot stopper aswell and experienced!
    still obviously westwood be be preferred on the free but id take robinson aswell! :50:

2. CarlosTe-wess

MARIAN KELLO FOR FORSTER!

Quality goalie, would prob cost us about 1.5m.

3. format

McCarthy if Wigan go down?

4. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Would love it but we have little chance he will got for at least 5/6 million for me maybe more and will end up at one of the top clubs in the prem.

5. Costello

Doubt mccarthy would want to come back to scotland after some of the abuse he got from the bigots. Shame cause he'd fit right in with how were playing i think

6. Stuboy

Free Transfers worth a punt? Not Unrealistic...

[[[ Goalkeepers ]]]
    Matthew Gilks - Blackpool
    Thomas Sorensen - Stoke
    Marcus Hahnemann - Wolves
    Florian Fromlowitz - Hannover 96

[[[ Defenders ]]]
    Pascal Chimbonda - QPR (CB)
    André Ooijer - Ajax (CB)
    Oleguer - Ajax (CB)
    Petri Pasanen - Werder Bremen (CB)
    Carl Hoefkens - Club Brugge (CB)
    Behrang Safari - FC Basle (LB)
    Lucas Neill - Galatasary (CB)

[[[ Midfielders ]]]
    Michael Silberbauer - Utrecht (CM)
    Tamir Cohen - Bolton (CM)
    Max Kruse - St Pauli (AM)

[[[ Forwards ]]]
    Danny Koevermans - PSV

7. Costello

Chimbonda could be a decent shout
    Always liked oleguer but think hes past it now

8. AnthonyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fortune & Maloney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

All the ones I highlighted , Imo would be Great Signings

9. holy pope

Fav Celtic Player:
    All time Larsson, Currently KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Behrang Safari would only come if he is first choice left back so unless Izzy is going would be pointless.

10. Costello

No point bringing in a load of over 30 year olds. Just look at Ljunberg

11. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    would love it. if we get a goalkeeper on a Bosman and not spend too much on a striker and defender or one of our midfielders leave, i can strangely see our board showing ambition and faith in the lad. no doubt he will only get better and fits the ethos of the team.

12. Stuboy

Sort of agree with you with on that was a bit weary that some of the guys mentioned were the better side of 30, however I'm not saying get them all in, but i think a bit of experience is all thats required to make this team even better and fill the gaps for the time being.

If we can get the quality in that's young then great, but if not get some of these free transfers in - 1 experienced goalie, 1 experienced CB and 1 veteran striker ie someone like koevermans - i don't think this would be detrimental to the team. Average squad age would still be one of the youngest in the SPL.

Mix this with the current team, cut the size of the squad - get rid of the dead wood, get the pre-contract guys in ie Wilson etc, could be a good signing strategy.

13. Scarecrow

i'd take sorensen and/or gilks.

14. Heisenberg

taarabt if qpr don;t get promoted?

15. oleg19

I’m Oleg from Bulgaria. I’ve been reading the player suggestions in the forum and I come across the name of Garra Dembele from Levski. I just want to share that you can very easily score 23 goals in 23 played in Bulgarian League especially if you play in clubs such as Levski or CSKA. Garra Dembele is not a striker for Celtic – we need someone like Larsson. And the other suggestions from England lower divisions, I think they are no good - you cannot win in the Champions League with those players rather you will be embarrassed even by teams such as Artmedia. Check the players in Celtic youth team (and they should not cost too much)– Islam Feruz for instance or first-class players at the level of our Celtic.

16. SuperNick

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson / McStay / Pierre Van Hooijdonk / Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Coming home
    larsson is one of a kind mate. Nobody knew he'd be that good.

A goalscorer in Bulgaria- similar league to Scotland. Would not be a bad thing.

17. cfciano1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Goalie
    Alex McCarthy from Reading - 21 year old, 6ft 4 and makes some amazing saves, but maybe too young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP9hJACg3eo&feature=related

Westwood, Given and Forster all other options! Maybe selling Zaluska and Cervi bring in McCarthy and one of the other 3 and have McCarthy as a bench keeper?

Maybe even Kasper Schmeichel who looked decent today against Burnley?

Defenders
    Servet Cetin from Galatasary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMHxBHKSoNM

Ron Vlaar (as I have mentioned before from Feyenoord)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jMNhdeOG7U

Joseph Yobo
    Matin Olsen from Blackburn - think he plays LB, possibly if Izzy goes? Hes also Swedish so maybe Johan could say something to him?

Midfielders
    Diego Castro from Sporting Gijon - Last time I checked out of contract at end of season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYI0FfsxXoY&feature=fvwrel - Turn the volume down ;)

Scott Sinclair - Should Swansea not get promoted, he might want to move on and I think he would be great here

McCarthy and N'Zogbia if Wigan go down (Quite unlikely we would get them as I think they will go to a top EPL team, but I like both of them)

Again probably unlikely but if Birmingham go down Seb Larsen? (Swedish aswell lol)

Attackers
    Ariza Makukula - 30 year old tall, strong (maybe wat we are looking for?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJGlnxoSpcE

Garra Dembele - From what I have seen looks a good target man

Craig Davies - I keep mentioning him but every week I am impressed with him on Football League Show (Chesterfield)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFbjkLzBavc

Itay Shecter - Again from what I have seen from him looks good
    Roman Pavlyunchenko - Probably my most ambitious shout, but I can dream ;)

Obviously I wouldnt want ALL of them at the same time 'cause we have a lot if midfielders already and I reckon we only need one more striker and possibly one more CB!

Sell/Release: (For transfer funds/wages and get rid of deadwood.)

McGowan
    Hutchinson
    Ljungberg
    Zaluska
    Murphy
    McGinn
    Cervi
    Loovens
    Hooiveld
    Rasmussen
    O'Dea

IF we were to get another midfielder I would also sell Maloney as he takes up a lot of wages and is always injured, but I wouldn't want to see him go cause I like the wee man. Yet, if it gives another player less injury prone to come in and get the chance then I would be happy with that!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
  18. paddybhoy92

punt; cervi, hoiveld, o'dea, loovens, thompson, lljunberg, mcginn, maloney, samaras, murphy
    realistically i can't see maloney or sammy going... but can only hope! big BIG mistake giving sammy a 3 year contract...
    i know some of you on here have talked about rasmussen going, but i think it would be worth while keeping him... hes a really talented striker who needs to be given his chance! robbie keane even praised him during his loan spell!

get; westwood (goalkeeper, coventry)... free in the summer! young, decent keeper! BARGAIN!

marek cech (left back, west brom)... hes free in the summer, would be good cover for izzy.

sotirios kyrgiakos (centreback, liverpool)... hes free in the summer aswell (although i think liverpool have a 1 year option on him.) would be a great and experienced centreback, although had a spell at rangers before.

maciej sadlok (centreback, polonia warsaw)... only 21, 14 international apperances for poland already, has bags of potentials, although he only recently signed for polonia.

robert snodgrass (winger, leeds)... can play on both wings, is a celtic fan, would fit in perfectly with our style of play, realistic signing if leeds dont go up!

we also need a target man. im undecided on who id like though!

i know izzy and kayal have been linked with moves away but if we do unfortunately lose them, although i hope to * we dont and i dont think we will, we should get oscar wendt (fc copenhagen) and borja valero (villareal) as replacements.

Thoughts bhoys and ghirls????

19. oleg19

in Bulgaria after game the players are drunk every night. When St. Petrov was played in SPL and CL he has over 80 games per year. in levski the players have 35 games and in european cups finished with GA -20.

20. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Kyrgiakos is gas, no thank you.

I've been told that Snodgrass is on his way to us. Apparently there is interest from Celtic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.