1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

GhostBusters!! Coming soon YAY

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Mr Marty™, May 23, 2009.

Discuss GhostBusters!! Coming soon YAY in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. grünweissCFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    SUPER HOOPER
    Fav Celtic Song:
    WM, FoA, CS
    :icon_mrgreen:

ya lucky bassa. u got the game but not the time. I got the time (tonight) but not the game :56:

2. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    :56: now that's irony haha yeah im kinda gutted the bap team comes first though lol

3. grünweissCFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    SUPER HOOPER
    Fav Celtic Song:
    WM, FoA, CS
    yeah :56:BAP is also fun :50:

to get into the mood for the game :icon_mrgreen:

[YOUTUBE]g4uxIo4t7xM[/YOUTUBE]

4. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    :56: just listened to the whole thing i love it!!!!

5. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    User reviews.

For anyone still unsure on this,here's some user reviews from the folk who really matter (unbiased) The general population.

(DO cross the streams), 21 Jun 2009
    By MR. B "BAZ" (IRELAND) - See all my reviews
    Fun:[​IMG]
    In my opinion this is one of the best movie games ever, precisely because it wasn't a movie tie-in game. There was no new film to cash in on yet. They made it because they actually wanted to, and as such, they (mostly) did a great job. It's playable, it's fun, the mechanics work (and are pretty novel in games, and it looks and sounds awesome. It has some definite balance and pacing issues (the pro reviews are right,) but bottom line? It's fun, it doesn't suck, and it's true to the material, all in all its brilliant 5 out of 5

Who You Gonna Call?, 16 Jun 2009
    By Sean A. Rhodes (Aurora, Colorado) - See all my reviews
    Pros:

+Well written dialog and exchanges between the characters
    +Top-notch production values
    +A lot of variety in the gameplay and overall a lot of fun
    +Lots of detail given to the environments
    +Good voice acting
    +The multiplayer we get is a lot of fun!

Cons:

-No multiplayer for the main campaign
    -Some may not like the whole, "Silent protagonist" thing... this is all about the original four Ghostbusters

Almost everyone knows Ghostbusters. The film was a hit in theaters and it had a couple of animated television shows that were pretty good as well. The film in and of itself is one of my personal favorite of all time (not to mention one of the funniest). In the video game realm, video games based off movies are usually not that great. Most of them usually come off as rushed and unpolished. This isn't true of Ghostbusters. In fact, as you play the care and devotion to the game can be seen. If you were a fan of the movies in particular, this game is like a trip down memory lane.

To begin, the production values of this game are stellar. The environments look exquisite, and the cutscenes look great. The music from the film is thrown in (including the signature song) for good measure and used really well. Also, the writers of the movies hopped on board as well as the cast to provide the voices for Peter, Ray, Egon and Winston. That being said, there's a good dose of humor here, particularly from Peter. In all the years since the second Ghostbusters movie, it's nice to know that the actors are still able to get back into character and that its brand of humor is still there.

The presentation in and of itself is absolutely stunning. You'll be in the Ghostbusters lair in between missions and you can interact with a lot of stuff like the arcade machine, slide down the poll, listen to messages on the phone and mess around with the jumping toaster. All this is well catered to fans and it looks absolutely marvelous.

Yet its the missions themselves that make you feel like a Ghostbuster. You're an unnamed silent protagonist who is there mainly for the sake of testing out Egon's new gear. You'll be happy to be strapped into the jumpsuit and given your own proton pack (and what self-respecting Ghostbusters fan wouldn't want the proton pack?). Even better, however, is when you can start going off and blasting ghost. You may think the whole thing might be repetitive, but it's really not. There are a good variety of ghosts around, and many of the environments are destructible in and of themselves. When you shoot at a wall, the embers and marks remain for the duration of the mission. You could write your name in the floor if you wish. Most of the ghosts you meet can easily be blasted to bits, while others will need to be trapped in the ghost trap. It's a lot of fun and will keep you immersed. As you go on missions, you'll also be accompanied by the original Ghostbusters and they'll continue with their banter throughout.

The only real urk about most missions may actually be the banter. It's fine and dandy, but sometimes the Ghostbusters will hold the mission up. If the writing weren't so snappy and clever it might be a pain. You'll find that sometimes you'll achieve the current objective while they're still going on... and you have to listen to it all before you can move on. You can't skip it. At least most missions do go smoothly. They're fairly linear, so there's not much off the beaten path you can do.

Your proton pack is also quite versatile. You'll certainly be blasting a lot of ghosts, but there are other ways you can take down ghosts. You can use Boson Darts or a Shock Blast. There's the Statis Stream which mostly slows down enemy advances. There's also slime tethering. There are moments where the game will make you use most of these things. There are other types of weapons as well.

In spite of all you can do, Ghostbusters is not always an easy game. It's a fairly hard game most times, but at least you hardly feel like it's beating you up. You won't find yourself frustrated, but from time to time you will find yourself challenged. The missions are varied enough and the environments are fantastic looking so you'll find yourself immersed in the game.

If there was any major setback to the game, it would be that there's no local multiplayer for the main campaign. It's a solo job. That isn't to say there's no multiplayer at all. There is, and you can go online with friends and play in several multiplayer arenas. In one instance you are there to trap as many ghosts as you can in the given time. In another you have to survive while trapping ghosts. There's also a multiplayer game where you all have to dunk slimer in the ghost trap as many times as possible. There's even a multiplayer campaign that begs of you to destroy stuff! Most of this stuff is a lot of fun. Still, it's a drag you can't run through the main story with a friend at your side.

Graphically, the PS3 version looks alright, but the 360 version looks noticably better. If you have both consoles and graphics mean a lot to you, you may want to consider the 360 version over the PS3 one. There's just a lot more detaill there. Regardless, it's still fun to play.

When all is said and done, Ghostbusters is a solid title. It fits in well with the canon and has top notch production values. Most important of all, it's fun and easy to get into. Where as most games based off (or spun off) of movies tend to lack a lot of things, Ghostbusters succeeds where so few have succeeded (and many others fail). It's more than just simple fan service. It's an enticing adventure.

Wow. This is truly amazing..., 19 Jun 2009
    By Denton (UK) - See all my reviews
    Beautiful, fun, charming, challanging, funny, excellent story.

This game has it all, bags of it.

It ties together Ghostbusters 1 and 2 brilliantly and could easily be considered the third film. It should be since Dan Akroyd wrote it. The whole gang bar Sigourney, and that's my only gripe, are back and on dazzling form.

The mesmerising graphics support a fun filled action packed adventure, which has loads of replay value, the same way you could watch the films again and again.

I can't recomend this game enough. I've played most things out there and this is easily in the top 5. It's not a short game but not incredibly long either, just long enough to be thoroughly satisfying
    The lighting effects and environments from 80's New York are superb. Wielding a proton pack and busting ghosts is so fun it should be illegal. You get to visit all your old favourite ghosts and locations plus tonnes more.

I hope they're planning extra missions for the ps3 store. They should do. Even if they don't there's enough there to keep me happy for years.

You will not be dissapointed by this one and if you're a Ghostbusters fan, it will make you weep with joy. It's the first game in a while that I haven't felt ripped off for paying full price for. I can't believe how good the graphical representations of the characters are, it really is spot on.

I'd give this ten billion stars if I could.

Probably the bestme 21 Jun 2009
    By Craig Taylor (Scuthorpe, UK) - See all my reviews
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I'd been waiting for this game for ages, and I'm pleased to say I am not dissapointed.
    The game takes places in 1991, 2 years after the last film, and almost all of our favourite characters are back including all 4 Ghostbusters with their voices being provided by the original cast, and if that ain't enough, the games script is written by Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis, so this is basically ghostbusters 3.
    In the game you play a new recruit who works alongside the ghostbusters trapping ghosts using the original proton packs and the trap. Fans of the franchise will love this as there are many reminders to the orignal films including the Stay Puff monster and levels taking place in the library and in the hotel from the first film. Gameplay is very enjoyable with easy and simplistic controls, funny dialog and stunning graphics. I've never seen levels littered with so much moveable debris before. The game is fantastic and will keep you entertained from start to finish.
    The only draw back is the length of the game, which consists of 6 large missions which can basically be completed within 6hours maybe less. After that you can replay levels and watch bonus videos that you have unlocked, but this can also be a problem, as sometimes when you load up the game, it fails to recongnise game save data, so all of my ghosts and artifacts I have collected have dissappeared from my save, it takes a few attempts before the system loads up your career allowing you to continue with your story. Hopefully sony will soon release a patch for this fault, but until then it will remain an issue.
    Apart from this fault, the game is excellent with a cracking gameplay and story, this is well worth a play, plus you get multiplayer too!

Awesome!!!, 21 Jun 2009
    By R. MCKNIGHT "Amazon Robbie" (Belfast, N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
    [​IMG]
    My wife bought this for me on behalf of my beloved kids. I love it, always wanted to be a Buster!!! If you are a fan then this is a must, sure there might be a few bugs but you will only notice if you are really looking out for them. Recommended...

A-M-A-ZING!!!, 19 Jun 2009
    By D. Farmer "MoRtH" (England) - See all my reviews
    [​IMG]
    This is officially one of the BEST games I have played this year. I recieved this game today and cannot believe how brilliant it really is. The graphics are superb, The gameplay is awesome and the story is Amazing. For all of you who crave a good solid game this is for you. Not to mention if you love The Ghostbusters then you just have to have this game!!! Definate candidate for a top ten spot for the game of the year.

Buy It!!!

6. Skippy_27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Was: Henrik/Lubo Now:JVOH,McDonald,Caldwell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley/YNWA
    Just completed this game today.
    Thought it was brilliant.Did get a bit repetitive but the characters make it less noticeable:)

7. Keith Lemon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stephen McManus
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yep im going to get it. One thing though are trophys available in the ps3 version?

Totally not related to this thread but i need to know is the new godfather game any good.

8. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    The new GF game is actually good yeah.. we bit fidgety like but still a great title.. and yeah trophies are supported on the ps3 version of GB. :50:

9. grünweissCFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    SUPER HOOPER
    Fav Celtic Song:
    WM, FoA, CS
    Finally completed the game this week and it was * awesome. it´s like the 3rd GB movie

will play the game again soon because I missed some things

10. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    I did it on * easy mode first,worked up to the hardest setting and still to finish it partly due to being drawen to online play lolz

On a wee side note did anyone watch the documenties? The restoration of ecto1 was quite good.

If anyone fancies some 4player co-op add Scottish_Hero_08 (providing the servers allow us to connect)

11. grünweissCFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    SUPER HOOPER
    Fav Celtic Song:
    WM, FoA, CS
    I played on Experienced first and will play again but on Casual. Casual is * easy while Experienced could have done my nut in on a few occasions like those * stone angels in the last level

12. Dan1888

Aye a will Marty bit gutted at the * server issues on GB was hoping it would have been all sorted by now.

13. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover

still no patch?

14. Dan1888

Not that I know off, I've been on a few times and just not been able to connect at all and when I do I always get wrong map version :38: just hope there no going to leave it like this.

15. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    Pretty sure tge servers are stable now i can connect first time weras before it took me creating a game to have any action lol.

16. Dan1888

Been sat on it for 20 mins now and not connected once :38:

17. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    * lol it could be router problems,is there a section with ports needing opened? I'll make a match n see if you can connect to me or vice versa because i've been connecting ok since i got my new router.

18. Dan1888

Well I connected twice and then as soon as I started playing I got disconnected could be I'll * about with it the night but its weird only seems to be that game.

19. Keith Lemon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stephen McManus
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Got it today cant wait to play it :icon_mrgreen:

20. Mr Marty™

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady & Samaradonna.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Four Leaf Clover
    :yeah::57: