1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon on the phone

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Mr Nice, May 22, 2009.

Discuss Neil Lennon on the phone in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    Always look on the brightside of life
    Aye mate it is pathetic, but it makes sense using him as he's about the most liked person from a fans point of view at the club. Sad he agreed to do it rather than focus 100% on his coaching job he has at the club. When he was playing it was his performances that got the fans to turn up, now he's being used by the money men to beg the fans who adore him to stump up with cash.

2. Biffy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik, Brown, Aiden, Artur and Big Jan
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Willie Maley
    I got Scott Brown.

3. greenprint

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Lenny should phone the hun season ticket holders as well.

"To renew your hatepass to the Citadel Of Cynicism put down your copy of Mein Kampf and press one now...."

:rolleyes:

4. Batch_CFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Brown, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I have already renewed mines and still got a letter and phone call from them :rolleyes:

They said the deadline was the 19th but i I dont renew before the 29th then they can give someone else my seat. So really the deadline is the 29th, just trying to scare people!

5. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    Why the * our player of the year got to phone me up and remind me that I need to renew my season ticket? He's a player not a * salesman. Seems * weird to me. He should be busy focusing on his job.

6. superswede

Fav Celtic Player:
    past-Larsson, present-McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Its a shame it has come to this! Its weird to think that when wee bunnet took over that we had * all except hope in our hearts. Now we have the smart bank balance the best stadium, some fantastic players but we have lost that appeal that drew us to a shithole stadium to watch mostly mediocre players.

Is it the fault of over zealous stewards and police? Or is it that aspect of being successful that makes things a tad boring? Or is it cause we just arent an attractive team to watch any more??

7. King Nicky

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown & Loovens
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Irish Soldier Laddie
    i got broony aswell lol, really thought it was him for a second untill he says about the season tickets haha i just hung up after that. I have renewed mines though

8. kennydal

A couple of great posts in here especially yours Gordy ,Celtic is a business now and has been for a while now ,but along the line they have forgotten there roots and why Celtic was formed in the first place .

They have priced joe bloggs of the streets out the game and people like yourself want to introduce there family into the way of celtic are finding it very tough to do,i stopped going 5 years ago now due to health ,but it was magic taking the laddie and carrying on the family tradition of been the proud father taking there own kids to the games ,but even if i could get back to going icouldnt afford they prices .

Celtic should look into peoples situation ,they have the stadium geared up all over for hospitality ,people who have a few bob but what about the people at the other end of the scale ,the bread n butter of the club ,now you say that your getting phonecalls asking if you renewing your book ,it does sound a bit desperate and where is this waiting list they talk of ,im thinking its not there and there just trying to bluff there fans into buying them .

9. daschoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    caldwell, hinkel
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    i'm pretty sure recording a 30 second message didn't affect their training schedule. :rolleyes:

10. WeeBhoy7

got one from brown the exact same last week
    ive renowed mine now but :)

11. DennyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    McDonald,Aiden,heid,Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA - LTPS
    Lol, I Pished my self laughing when i answered the phone to..''hi is player of the year scott brown here reminding you to renew your season ticket''

12. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    For me its the matchday experience that is not worth the * hassle. The police and stewards are ott but they go by the clubs rules. The club do not make enough effort to keep the real fans on side imo. I've been ejected from Celtic Park and Hampden for booze in the stadium yet the coporate * can go in for a pint at half time, why is it awrite for them and not me?

Another thing that I forgot to include was the * hassle to actually get my Champions League 3 match package (for which I was threatened I would not see the last game). Firstly it went on sale just after a season book installment and you had to find another £100 quite quick after the last 1 with no thought for the fans who would struggle. My mate phoned up to pay for ours on the hotline set up but had to queue for ages and then get cut off. This happened many many times to an 08 number. He tried right though the nite running up a heavy phone bill (aboot £50 if I remember right) trying to buy the tickets. After that the tickets were not sent out on time and we had to pick them up in another queue at the ticket office :31: They don't give two * about guys like me and they have made it blatantly obvious. And I hope all the reasons I have gave here shows just how much our club don't give a * about us.

They call it the Celtic family but no family members would treat you in this way. They sell us on The Family Club and forever and ever but thats a load of bull. Celtic for me as I've said before died with Tommy Burns :54:

The other * are just plain at it.

Maybe, maybe not. The players for me train too little anyway for their money. They should be in more than 4 mornings a week imo. Every player has weaknesses that can be worked on. Using them as * salesmen in the ticket office is not what I want from my player of the year and first team coach. Just as it was wrong IMO to use players in massive advertisements on the front of the Building at Celtic Park. Looked pathetic and another attempt to shove the product down our throats.

13. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Im just amazed Lenny actually sat there all day making all these calls, just shows you what kind of guy he is ..

14. Brendan Hughes

Same here for the same reasons :50:

15. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    Well that was it, my last game as a season ticket holder. :54:

Sad fact is that Celtic is finished as I knew it. Seen your thread green t mate, I know what yer going through. Murder!

Even Branson couldnae sell this pish tae me anymore.

What have we become? :39:

16. The Joker

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    Same with me, what a way to finish :54:

17. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    Murder mate, absolutely gutted, tried watchin a film there wae her but cannae tune in. Sad days ma man.....

Who else wants tae put the cards on the table or are ye aw brainwashed into the pish.............

18. sheabhoy08

Fav Celtic Player:
    artur!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover,ltps!
    We had the chance to send the * into oblivion,yet the spineless players,manager and * board have let each and everyone of us down!!!!

19. Mr Nice

Fav Celtic Song:
    Big time mate but keep the chin up, they don't give a * for us.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo[/YOUTUBE]