1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Strachan: Give Us More Of The Same

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CrosasRightFoot, May 21, 2009.

Discuss Strachan: Give Us More Of The Same in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CrosasRightFoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Loovens, Crosas
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    [​IMG]
    manager: give us more of the same

Gregor Kyle

IT is an unenviable task, facing 90 minutes against one of Scotland’s top sides, looking for a win and playing in the hope that your title rivals will drop points in their final match.

The pressure is on as the Scottish Premier League season reaches a dramatic conclusion this Sunday, but as he looked ahead to the Hoops' meeting with Hearts at Celtic Park, Gordon Strachan explained that the ‘real’ burden will be carried by the thousands in the stands.

“Playing is the easiest part,” said the Celtic manager at this afternoon’s pre-match conference at Lennoxtown. “The supporters have the hardest job.

“They go through all the emotions and will have been through the mill this week. They have the hardest job and there is absolutely no doubt about that.

“I am not someone who is sycophantic,” he continued, “someone who talks about the fans left, right and centre and kisses badges or kisses the scarf.

“What I will say is that in the four years I have been here, we couldn’t have asked for the fans to do any more.

“It would be wrong for me to ask for more, it would be like asking the players to do more than 100 per cent.

“Our fans are special fans and have given us incredible backing when we need it. I can’t sit here and ask for any more, because they have done more than enough.

“Just give us what you have been giving us,” he added, “that’s what we need.”

While many of those supporters will have their ears pressed against radios, listening to news from Rangers’ game against Dundee United at Tannadice, the manager and players will focus on a Hearts side who have again proved to be formidable opponents this season.

Celtic’s two most recent meetings with Csaba Laszlo’s side have finished all-square and the players are prepared for a similar test in the final game of the season.

“We will concentrate on our own game, but trust me, we’ll have an idea of what’s going on from the crowd reaction,” said Gordon Strachan.

“Hearts have the manager of the year and a team who has finished third in the league and they don’t get there without pride and determination. They have that and we will have to deal with that, that’s for sure.

“Both us and Rangers are playing against good sides and the last time Hearts were here they drew with us, so it shows what they are capable of. That tells me that it is going to be a hard game.”

2. The Doctor

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley, Four Leaf Clover
    I'll be giving you everything I've got boss.

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

WAHEY there you go he's pandered to those that need mollycuddled, maybe they'll pipe down now.

In all seriousness, I hope the crowd gets behind the team with every fibre of their being. This league is still there for the taking :50:

4. sammybobo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    “Playing is the easiest part,” said the Celtic manager at this afternoon’s pre-match conference at Lennoxtown. “The supporters have the hardest job.

He's not kidding there is he ?

5. DanniGhirl

The nervous energy alone should be enough to ensure the atmosphere is cranked up a few notches on Sunday :50:

6. conorbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    i have no nerves what so ever. the only time i'll get nervous is if after 80 mins of play we're on top of the league as things stand.

7. Ryan 67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, Broony, Skippy, Heid, Lennon, Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS, Celtic Symphony and Sean South
    The atmosphere will be the best it's been in a long time on Sunday imo.

8. cosmicsafari

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    Has the penny finally dropped Gordon

Is it just me or is Gordon actually acknowledging the fans . Far too late Gordon

9. aaastiff

something i once agree with strachan on

10. The Joker

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry
    C'mon fellow tims, let's get right behind our team on sunday !

11. sickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Keane, Kamara, Boruc and Hinkel
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone, This Land Is Your Land:D
    Ghod bless you Gordon Strachan......I'll be with you.....and Craig Levien:celt_2:

12. sickbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Keane, Kamara, Boruc and Hinkel
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone, This Land Is Your Land:D

Aye....its just you:bbpd:

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Do you need to be told in every interview?

Like he said he isn't a sycophant, he doesn't go out his way to whip up favour with people through self interest and I personally respect that.

14. Green And White

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youl never walk alone.
    I think Strachan may well be sucking up to the fans incase he loses the league:\

15. Andy bhoy

was thinking that myself lol

16. cosmicsafari

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry

100% spot on mate

17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

If he doesn't say a word he gets a shocking level of abuse, when he does it's all a giant rouse.

Absolutely laughable :56:

18. DanniGhirl

Never mind not being able to please all of the people all of the time, Strachan can't please some of the people any of the time.

I'm with him on this one, we have to generate a bit of atmosphere on Sunday for a change and we will be going through every emotion imaginable.

19. greg2467

Fav Celtic Player:
    All Time: Lubo Present: Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Willy Maley
    :50:

20. celticfc482

Everyone who cristices him are * shocking, what has he done for the last 3 years won us 3 * championships, whatever he says people use it to get at him for no reason, he said its their fault if they lose, what do you want him to say, its not our fault rangers caught us, people should see what a good manager we have