1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Time To Spend

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by timsforever, Oct 20, 2004.

Discuss Time To Spend in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. timsforever

Fav Celtic Player:
    all them get behind the team at all times
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk on
    Its time for the celtic plc to back martin, and give him the cash he deserves, do we want to compete in the champions lge or just make up the numbers, martin has done wonders with what he has had to work with, its time to take a gamble and spend some serious money on top players, or we will be having a early exit from the champions lge every year, u cant fault the players for commitment but at this level it is talent that wins u matches

frustrated tim

2. lupin43

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik and Neil and Jackie and LUBO
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A soldiers song and Viva Espania
    u * right w need money, and we need to spend it on decent defenders, every team gets injuries for sure but we seem the only team that cant seem to fill in them missing gaps, take tonite, sutton,Macnamara got injured and we couldnt bring on good enough players, dont get me wrong bout the young guys but for a european match i dont think they are ready. we need the PLC board to get us money and we need it now
    one * off tim

3. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Too true, how many times in the past has this come up and the board just doesnt get the picture.

In future can we please keep all Celtic related threads in celtic chat please. Just makes the forums look a bit neater. Cheers.

4. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

If the board don't give MON the money for the January window I can see him leaving us. He has done the best he possibly can for us and I can't see a manager like MON staying on with us when Man Utd will soon be after him! The board will seriously have to get get their fingers out and start doing some serious work!

5. jaradthescot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beattie again. Give the wee bhoy a run, WGS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Jinky
    Celtic are in debt. No money to spend. Our team'll keep going down until Celtic gets back into the black ink. Whether that's the way you'd like to run the club or not, that's the way Quinn is. I personally support it, although I think he's taking it to the extreme. Getting out of debt should (and is) a priority. I would've said differently 18 months ago after EUFA cup appearance, but our squad is so weak now that a couple of extra million quid will not get us through. Think to the future: young players and a strong bankbook.

6. Dubsbhoy Banned!

i wonder how much their centre half would be (the no. 4) thought he defended well and got up and attacked too, anyone know is age/name??

7. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

His name was Anatoliy Tymoschuk and I think hes 24 mate.

8. Jamie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden, Jinky, Tommy Burns.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A Grand Old Team
    It's true the club dont have the money and wont go into debt so we can forget about CL progress in the future. A UEFA Cup place was the best we could hope for from the group, it's still possible. Europe is a dream.

9. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Yep, it sure is still possible. I am pretty confident that we can pull this off and get into the UEFA Cup!

10. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Not too sure about a UEFA place myself considering our goal difference (-7).

Saw on SSN today that Lennon has told the board to spend money or Europe will become a foregone memory for the next few seasons, in my opinion if the players are feeling the same as Lennon they should come out and say it. The more players, staff and fans they have on their back the more pressure they'll be under to splash the cash.. Well done Lenny, leading by example and not afraid to express his opinion.